Feb 3, 2011, 12:47 AM EDT
Here are recaps for a wild Wednesday night of games.
Feb 2, 2011, 11:38 PM EDT
It might make sense for the Islanders to claim Mike Smith off of the waiver wire, but the team seems like it will stick with Kevin Poulin and Rick DiPietro instead.
Feb 2, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
Tonight’s been full of rare events, as Johan Franzen had a career-best five goals in one night against the Ottawa Senators. Click “Read More” for the details, plus video footage.
Brent Johnson drops Rick DiPietro with one punch in only goalie fight of season (Oh yeah, and Pens beat Isles 3-0)
Feb 2, 2011, 10:07 PM EDT
The “real” story might be that the Penguins managed another win without Evgeni Malkin and Sidney Crosby, but the biggest moment came when Brent Johnson landed a one-punch knockout on Rick DiPietro in this season’s first goalie fight.
Feb 2, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
The Oilers once again ready themselves for the return of talented but oft-injured winger Ales Hemsky.
Video: Ask the Expert with Mike Milbury – Is Crosby vs. Ovechkin the NHL’s answer to Bird vs. Magic?
Feb 2, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
This week, Mike Milbury answers your questions about the Caps offense worries, Detroit’s consistency, and whether or not Sid and Alex are the NHL’s Bird vs. Magic.
Feb 2, 2011, 7:21 PM EDT
The postponed Avalanche-Blues game will be played on Tuesday, February 22nd. Click “Read More” to find out how this schedule change will hurt both teams, even if it had to be done.
Feb 2, 2011, 6:27 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s six games.
Feb 2, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
Ruslan Fedotenko’s return to the Ranger lineup will be delayed a bit further now that he’s had his appendix removed.
Feb 2, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Could Peter Forsberg’s wonky foot be causing him problems yet again? It’s looking that way in Denver.
Feb 2, 2011, 4:01 PM EDT
It was thought Ray Emery’s NHL career was over dealing with a degenerative hip condition. Instead, he’s getting into shape and ready to come back to hockey.
Feb 2, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
The Blues get one of their important centermen off injured reserve in Andy McDonald.
Feb 2, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
After a lot of confusion, it turns out Jordan Staal will play tonight for the Penguins.
Feb 2, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Tampa Bay has put goalie Mike Smith on waivers. Is this a chance for the Islanders to clean up their issue with Evgeni Nabokov?
Feb 2, 2011, 12:31 PM EDT
It’s been a good January for Jeff Skinner. He was a rookie team selection, then an All-Star Game injury replacement, and now he’s the rookie of the month.
Feb 2, 2011, 11:55 AM EDT
The Maple Leafs love their truculence and Mike Brown is that personified. It’s no wonder they signed him to a three-year extension today.
Feb 2, 2011, 11:29 AM EDT
Pens in the news today. Staal will sit for one game while Evgeni Malkin was placed on injured reserve retroactively this morning.
Feb 2, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Kyle Wellwood is an infamous Internet superstar and last night he was able to get the web going wild with his first goal as a San Jose Shark.
Feb 2, 2011, 10:43 AM EDT
Plenty of teams playing the back end of back-to-back games tonight. Here’s to hoping the mega snowstorm doesn’t postpone any other games tonight. At least we’ve got the battle of California to look forward to late tonight.
More Top Posts
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 54
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination