Feb 11, 2011, 3:02 AM EDT
If you were hoping for a night of close games, you got your wish as all five games were decided by one goal or in the shootout as the Flyers hang on, the Canadiens disappoint, and the Sabres keep on streaking.
Feb 11, 2011, 1:10 AM EDT
With a lineup that featured a gang of forwards that mostly started the year in the AHL, the Penguins held strong and beat the Kings in overtime 2-1.
Feb 10, 2011, 11:54 PM EDT
It hasn’t always been pretty or exciting for Devils coach Jacques Lemaire, but with tonight’s 2-1 overtime win over Toronto, he’s won his 600th career game.
Feb 10, 2011, 9:38 PM EDT
With Mike Fisher on his way to Nashville for a pair of draft picks, signs are brighter than ever that a major house cleaning is going to happen in Ottawa. But who should go and who should stay? We’ll run down a list of players that might see some action.
Feb 10, 2011, 6:13 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s five games, including the beginning of the Mikko Koskinen era for the Islanders.
Feb 10, 2011, 5:32 PM EDT
Quebec City officials announced that their upcoming $400 million arena will be paid 50-50 by the city and the province.
Feb 10, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
This week, Mike Milbury gives his thoughts on the Mike Fisher deal and has major kudos for Barry Trotz while also giving us his opinion on Matt Cooke’s suspension by the NHL.
Feb 10, 2011, 4:43 PM EDT
Reports indicate that Ryan Malone might miss up to two months with what could be a torn abdominal muscle.
Feb 10, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
The Canadiens called up rough forward Ryan White to help add some muscle (and possibly replace an injured player), but will that be enough to soothe the battered-and-bruised Habs?
Feb 10, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Here are previews for tonight’s five games.
Feb 10, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby discussed his concussion issues for the first time since January 25th while the team called up four players from the minors.
Feb 10, 2011, 1:48 PM EDT
What will the 2011 Heritage Classic look like? The NHL provided an artist rendering of what the scene that might take place on February 20th.
Feb 10, 2011, 1:10 PM EDT
The Predators attempted to fill a serious need at center by acquiring Mike Fisher from the Senators, sending their 2011 first rounder and a conditional 2012 pick that could be a second or third rounder to Ottawa. Somewhere, Carrie Underwood is smiling.
Feb 10, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Wednesday night featured another controversial hit when Ryan Getzlaf clobbered Dan Hamhuis, although this time around it seems like the consensus was that it wasn’t suspension-worthy.
Feb 10, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Robin Lehner and the Senators had another tough night, but that doesn’t change the fact that he made a brilliant save. The stop ended up being Wednesday’s best.
Feb 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
The Ducks enjoyed the return of Ryan Getzlaf, who set up Bobby Ryan’s Goal of the Night with a beautiful backhand pass.
Feb 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
With the All-Star break over, it’s time for the NHL playoff races to intensify. Every week, we’ll provide updates for each division’s outlook. The biggest contenders and/or closest races will receive the greatest amount of attention. Today, we take a look at the Northeast Division.
Feb 10, 2011, 12:50 AM EDT
Here are summaries of Wednesday night’s games.
Feb 9, 2011, 11:30 PM EDT
The Sharks sent blueliner Jay Leach and center Steve Zalewski to the New Jersey Devils for two minor league forwards: Michael Swift and Patrick Davis.
Feb 9, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
The Bruins battered and bruised the Canadiens, winning a wild 8-6 game by overwhelming their division opponents. Read all about the craziness, which included 140 penalty minutes and even a (pseudo) goalie fight between Carey Price and Tim Thomas.
More Top Posts
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 54
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination