Feb 16, 2011, 11:59 AM EDT
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville was hospitalized late last night after feeling discomfort and will not coach the team tonight. Mike Haviland will assume duties tonight against Minnesota.
Feb 16, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Every week, we’ll provide updates for each division’s outlook. The biggest contenders and/or closest races will receive the greatest amount of attention. Today, we take a look at the Atlantic Division.
Feb 16, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Red-hot Sharks goalie Antti Niemi is looking like a Stanley Cup winning goalie again, as you can see from the February 15th Save of the Night.
Feb 16, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Mikhail Grabovski earns the Goal of the Night for February 15th.
Feb 16, 2011, 2:45 AM EDT
Steve Mason earned the Save of the Week for February 7-13th.
Feb 16, 2011, 12:26 AM EDT
Let’s take a look at Tuesday’s games, including Phil Kessel’s revenge against Boston and the Stars’ continued struggles.
Feb 15, 2011, 11:33 PM EDT
The Bruins sent their 2011 second round pick to the Senators in exchange for versatile but limited forward Chris Kelly. Read this post to find out how this might affect both teams.
Feb 15, 2011, 11:00 PM EDT
Two important games ended in shootouts that were actually pretty captivating tonight, with the Flyers finally earning a win against the Lightning 4-3 and the Sabres earning a comeback victory versus the Canadiens.
Feb 15, 2011, 9:26 PM EDT
Tyler Myers’ end-to-end rush easily won him the February 7-13th Goal of the Week.
Feb 15, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
Nicklas Lidstrom will be glad to see the return of Brad Stuart, who is expected to bring his physical style back to the Red Wings lineup on Thursday.
Feb 15, 2011, 7:53 PM EDT
Andrew Alberts will need surgery on his broken wrist, so he’ll likely miss six to eight weeks.
Feb 15, 2011, 7:04 PM EDT
Every week, we’ll provide updates for each division’s outlook. The biggest contenders and/or closest races will receive the greatest amount of attention. Today, we take a look at the Central Division.
Feb 15, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
This week’s edition of Ask the Expert, Mike Milbury talks about the job Guy Boucher and Steve Yzerman have done in Tampa as well as about the Kings playoff chances in the West.
Feb 15, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s seven games.
Feb 15, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Dustin Byfuglien was set to become a free agent at the end of this season. That’s not happening now as he’s signed a five-year extension to stay in Atlanta for $26 million.
Hockey Day In America and Heritage Classic combine for nine hours of coverage across NBC Sports and Versus
Feb 15, 2011, 4:03 PM EDT
Sunday will turn out to be one of the biggest hockey days of the year with Hockey Day In America and the 2011 Heritage Classic combining for nearly nine hours of hockey coverage across NBC and Versus.
Feb 15, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
The war of rhetoric continues surrounding Mario Lemieux’s comments about the NHL’s handling of the suspensions in the Isles/Penguins brawl. Pens GM Ray Shero says his team plays it tough.
Feb 15, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
The Canucks had to call up their 12th defenseman this season thanks to Andrew Alberts breaking his wrist against St. Louis. Somehow, the Canucks stay on top in the West.
Feb 15, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
Brian Burke’s relationship with the Ducks works out once again as he acquires Aaron Voros from Anaheim for a conditional seventh round pick.
Feb 15, 2011, 11:12 AM EDT
After making 31 straight starts for the Sabres, Ryan Miller will finally get a night off. It won’t be Patrick Lalime giving him a break though.
More Top Posts
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 99
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (92)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (86)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games