Jul 15, 2011, 2:15 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets announced that they’re putting the finishing touches on their new logo– but they won’t be unveiling it anytime soon. Yes, really.
Jul 15, 2011, 1:11 AM EDT
Sidney Crosby’s agent confirms that the Penguins’ star center has resumed on-ice workouts in hopes of returning for training camp in September. The on-ice workouts are the first since he experienced headaches since last April.
Jul 14, 2011, 11:42 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils wasted no time finding an enforcer to replaced the recently traded Pierre-Luc Letorneau-Leblond. Cam Janssen, the fighting ring is all yours.
Jul 14, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
Mike Duco will have a little explaining to do about his recent tweets when he joins his new team in Vancouver. The Sedins and Roberto Luongo may have a few issues with his tendency to tweet with such honesty.
Jul 14, 2011, 9:05 PM EDT
Lou Lamoriello and the New Jersey Devils are still looking for a head coach. But one thing’s for sure, it won’t be Jacques Lemaire.
Jul 14, 2011, 7:51 PM EDT
Adam McQuaid and the Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins have already agreed to a three-year contract extension that will keep him in New England until 2015. Well that didn’t take long.
Jul 14, 2011, 6:46 PM EDT
Panthers GM Dale Tallon made a flurry of moves – many of which seem questionable – but new head coach Kevin Dineen could be the one who decides if those moves end up looking good or not.
Jul 14, 2011, 6:13 PM EDT
Who knows if the Mike Commodore 64 situation will come to fruition, but the people at Commodore USA would be ‘ecstatic’ if it did.
Jul 14, 2011, 5:04 PM EDT
Can Brad Richards revive Marian Gaborik’s career? The Rangers are gambling almost $20 million next season that they can work it out.
Quick hits: Mike Keane might join Jets staff, Brouwer on the LTIR and NHL’s most disappointing teams
Jul 14, 2011, 2:53 PM EDT
Quick hits from around the NHL: Mike Keane might join the Jets’ coaching staff, Troy Brouwer might go on the LTIR in Washington and Forbes lists the teams that disappoint their fans the most and least.
Jul 14, 2011, 1:54 PM EDT
Two small moves so far today: the Senators re-signed solid young forward Bobby Butler while the Flames sent a fifth round pick to the Devils for Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond. (Update: the Ducks also added Matt Smaby.)
Jul 14, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
New Capitals prospect Danick Paquette made a curious decision to compare himself to hated Penguins forward Matt Cooke today. But does the shoe fit?
Jul 14, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
The Canadiens got some tax breaks for the Bell Centre while the Oilers might not get much governmental help as they try to build a new arena.
Jul 14, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Max Pacioretty took a big step forward by participating in a charity hockey event, the “most competitive outing” he’s had since that scary Zdeno Chara hit. When asked about the experience of skating in the charity game, Pacioretty said ” … it just felt weird.”
Jul 14, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
The Capitals are wise to resist the urge to “blow things up” after a few disappointments, as owner Ted Leonsis points out that their window to win a title could be open for “10-15 years.”
Jul 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators locked-up 6th overall pick Mika Zibanejad to a three-year entry-level deal. The next question: will he make the team next season?
Jul 14, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
As the vote for a new arena on Long Island approaches, a few members of the New York Rangers organization have spoken out to lend their support for the Islanders and their fans.
Jul 14, 2011, 5:00 AM EDT
Chris Pronger is still about three weeks away from being cleared to seriously train for next season. Now there’s word that he may miss the beginning of training camp as well…
Jul 14, 2011, 12:43 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche add another marginal defenseman into the fold by signing Shane O’Brien to a one-year deal. But where will he fit in?
Jul 13, 2011, 11:02 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators unveiled their newest home jersey to their fanbase at tonight’s Skate of the Union event.
More Top Posts
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 69
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (72)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control