Jul 19, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
Red Wings goalie Chris Osgood will hang it up after 17 seasons in the NHL and a strange, winning career. Is he a Hall of Famer though?
Jul 19, 2011, 10:52 AM EDT
Andrew Cogliano has a new home in Anaheim and is cashing in nicely to avoid arbitration with the Ducks signing a three year deal.
Jul 18, 2011, 10:43 PM EDT
After five seasons running the Islanders, Garth Snow is slowly rebuilding the team. Is there reason to have hope on Long Island?
Jul 18, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
Winnipeg will keep one franchise familiar face around next season as they re-signed Blake Wheeler to a two-year deal.
Jul 18, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
After covering the forwards, this post takes a look at which goalies and teams have been most successful since the shootout was instituted in the 2005-06 season. As it turns out, Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers benefited the most.
Jul 18, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
Tomorrow’s conference call will reveal whether Chris Osgood will retire or spend another season as Jimmy Howard’s backup in Detroit.
Jul 18, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
A recent report pointed to Jarret Stoll’s 2010-11 season as the best single campaign in shootout history. We couldn’t help but wonder: who are the all-time leaders in shootout scoring, though? Check out this post to find out which players are the kings of the shootout.
Jul 18, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Here’s a little more about the Alexei Yashin situation: his agent claims that at least one NHL team might be interested in adding him. Click “Read More” for the latest update.
Jul 18, 2011, 3:05 PM EDT
Even though the Hurricanes failed to make the playoffs in 2010-11, their owner Peter Karamanos reveals that the team managed to “break even.” Karamanos also discussed the search for new investors.
Jul 18, 2011, 12:39 PM EDT
The Blackhawks tend to move Patrick Sharp all over the place, but more than anything else, they hope that he stays in Chicago after the 2011-12 season.
Jul 18, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Now that it’s clear he won’t be back with SKA St. Petersburg, we cannot help but ask an out-there question: could Alexei Yashin return to the NHL?
Jul 17, 2011, 10:14 PM EDT
The Blackhawks Convention brought some moments of comedy, while the team explained the benefits of adding polarizing pest Dan Carcillo to the mix.
Jul 17, 2011, 9:17 PM EDT
Nail Yakupov and Alexander Galchenyuk are teammates on the OHL’s Sarnia Sting, but they might go toe-to-toe in the eyes of scouts in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Jul 17, 2011, 7:40 PM EDT
As it turns out the airlines should get off the hook for all the headaches Nathan Horton went through during his day with the Stanley Cup.
Former Avalanche captain Joe Sakic sinks $1 million hole-in-one at charity golf tournament (with video)
Jul 17, 2011, 5:35 PM EDT
Joe Sakic is a hero to many in Denver thanks to hockey, but now he’s a hero to charity thanks to sinking a $1 million hole-in-one at the American Century Celebrity Golf Championship at Lake Tahoe.
Jul 17, 2011, 4:57 PM EDT
As if things weren’t bad enough for Atlanta Thrashers fans who find themselves without a team, some of them are finding that Atlanta Spirit Group is taking their sweet time refunding their season ticket money as well.
Jul 17, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
With the Rangers signing Brad Richards and awaiting deals to Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky, is Wojtek Wolski the odd man out in New York?
Jul 17, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Not even having the Stanley Cup in your baggage is enough to guarantee that you’ll get your bags where you want them to be when you’re flying. Just ask Nathan Horton and his wife Tammy about that.
Jul 16, 2011, 11:00 PM EDT
Surprised that Karl Alzner wasn’t a target for an offer sheet as a restricted free agent? So were we and it shows why no one is going to take a shot at signing Drew Doughty or Steven Stamkos.
Jul 16, 2011, 8:48 PM EDT
While the Blackhawks had their ups and downs last season after splitting up a Stanley Cup winning team, could a full summer of rest be just what the doctor ordered to make another Stanley Cup run?
More Top Posts
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery