Results matching “concussion”
Oct 17, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
It’s the second concussion suffered in less than a year for St. Louis’ alternate captain.
Oct 15, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
Peter Mueller’s absence from games so soon after returning from a concussion is causing all the obvious fears to surface.
Oct 14, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
Brooks Laich doesn’t want to hear anymore about concussions, the quiet room, or any more concussion awareness crap. Seriously?
Oct 14, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
Rick DiPietro’s horrible run of injuries continues as he recently suffered a concussion. Reports indicate that there’s no timetable for his return.
Oct 11, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
Sidney Crosby will reportedly meet with his team of doctors this morning with the goal of being cleared for contact. If that happens, he’ll be on the fast track to getting back into NHL games.
Sep 29, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT
The news isn’t so hot for Chicago’s Ben Smith who is “day to day” with a concussion while Detroit’s Brendan Smith gets to meet with Brendan Shanahan face-to-face.
Sep 26, 2011, 9:56 PM EDT
David Perron joined his team again today, although he didn’t practice. He still has a way to go before that happens, with the next big step being a baseline concussion test scheduled for next week.
Sep 26, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Nathan Horton returned to the ice for the first time since the brutal hit in Game 3 of last year’s Stanley Cup final. If his first game back is any indication, he’ll be just fine with the Bruins this year.
Sep 23, 2011, 4:43 PM EDT
Marc Staal’s struggles with post-concussion syndrome continue, leading head coach John Tortorella to admit that he might miss a chunk of the Rangers’ trip to Europe.
Sep 20, 2011, 12:46 AM EDT
When Marc Staal suffered his concussion that’s slowing him down in training camp this fall, it was his brother Eric that made it happen and he’s not feeling well about it.
Sep 18, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
Marc Staal’s training camp is off to a bad start as he’s being held out of action due to post-concussion symptoms
Sep 17, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
With training camps kicking off this weekend, the topic of concussions returned to the forefront of many hockey discussions. Perhaps that’s why the Outcomes following Concussion in Hockey (OuCH!) seminar was scheduled today at St. Michael’s Hopsital in Toronto. About 200 people attended the public meeting, which addressed a wide variety of issues related to…
Sep 13, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Could Matt Lombardi help turn an already lopsided trade into a blunder for the ages in favor of the Maple Leafs? Brian Burke is giddy at the thought of it.
Aug 31, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
After missing a full NHL season with a concussion, Bryce Salvador is ready to get back to action with the New Jersey Devils.
Aug 30, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
While he hasn’t started skating yet and probably won’t be ready for the beginning of training camp, the Maple Leafs are still glad to hear that Matthew Lombardi was declared concussion symptom-free. Brian Burke also provides an update on Luke Schenn’s negotiations.
Aug 26, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Sidney Crosby’s agent Pat Brisson gives up the information that he’s had a return of his symptoms when exerting himself in heavy workouts. This is not very good news at all.
Aug 25, 2011, 4:01 PM EDT
It’s been nearly a year since Avalanche forward Peter Mueller has suited up for a game since suffering a concussion, but he’s put that behind him now and he’s ready to resume his career.
Aug 25, 2011, 11:25 AM EDT
After Nathan Horton’s Stanley Cup finals came to a sudden end after receiving a concussion from Aaron Rome, Horton is symptom free and ready to start the season. He’s also taking a shot at Rome as well.
Aug 24, 2011, 10:14 PM EDT
Amidst rampant speculation, Sidney Crosby and his agent spoke to the Penguins official site explaining that he’s seek second and third opinions from specialists and would “appreciate patience and understanding at this time.”
Aug 23, 2011, 10:22 AM EDT
The retirements of Paul Kariya and Dave Scatchard this summer thanks to lingering concussion problems should be all the NHL needs to get even tougher on illegal shots to the head.
Aug 3, 2011, 5:27 PM EDT
David Perron’s continued recovery from a concussion suffered last November is going so slowly that he’s going to miss training camp with the Blues.
Jul 28, 2011, 5:33 PM EDT
Sadly enough, it appears that Marc Savard’s struggles with post-concussion syndrome continue. Reports indicate that he won’t be able to participate in Bruins’ training camp unless he makes an unexpected improvement.
Jul 21, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
Francis Bouillon is one of a handful of players spending their summer recovering from a concussion. His progress, however, isn’t going so well.
Jul 20, 2011, 6:25 PM EDT
Concussions derailed Peter Mueller’s renaissance with Colorado in 2009-10 and kept him from playing a single game in 2010-11. So will he be back? The Avalanche are keeping him at arm’s length from the media.
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 22
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 27
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 38
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 13
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 89
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 58
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 90
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm