Results matching “concussion”
Jan 4, 2011, 2:31 AM EDT
Here are summaries of Monday’s games, including two teams winning in cities that haven’t been very friendly to them over the ears.
Dec 29, 2010, 2:26 PM EDT
The IIHF decided to hand out more than the standard one game suspension for three hits during the World Junior Championships, as Canada’s Zack Kassian received one extra game while Slovakian players Martin Marincin received three extra and Peter Hrasko received two extra.
Dec 23, 2010, 7:45 PM EDT
Marian Gaborik is dealing with a groin injury that has him sidelined for tonight’s game, but Rangers coach John Tortorella thinks he’ll be back by Monday.
Dec 23, 2010, 3:37 PM EDT
Tonight marks the first time Evander Kane has come to Boston since knocking out Penguins agitator Matt Cooke with one punch last season. Will they remember?
Dec 19, 2010, 12:02 AM EDT
Willie Mitchell is facing his second injury setback of the 2010-11 season already, as he’s expected to miss 2-3 weeks with a “lower body injury.”
Dec 16, 2010, 10:21 PM EDT
Matt Greene couldn’t play in tonight’s Kings-Blues game after a hit by Red Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall left him “wobbly.”
Dec 13, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
The Flyers are in the unenviable position of literally not being able to afford injuries to anyone on their current roster.
Dec 10, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
A broken thumb will reportedly sideline Mason Raymond on a “week to week” basis while Christian Ehrhoff is out because he was hit in the ear by a puck.
Dec 9, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s really amazing how far Ondrej Pavelec has come from a scary collapse that caused him a concussion on the opening night of the season.
Dec 2, 2010, 10:10 PM EDT
Marc Savard received a standing ovation upon his return to the Boston Bruins. Perhaps his teammates deserved one, too, after they absolutely dominated the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight. Boston 8, Tampa Bay 1 Another Bruins center who dealt with his own concussion problems ended up being one of the stars of the show, as David…
Dec 2, 2010, 6:09 PM EDT
If the reports are right, Marc Savard will be in the Boston lineup for the first time this year.
Dec 1, 2010, 5:17 PM EDT
Pierre-Marc Bouchard discusses his first game back after 14 months away from the game because of concussion problems.
Dec 1, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
Some minor moves from the St. Louis Blues: they called up Stefan Della Rovere and Dave Scatchard, demoted T.J. Hensick and Chris Porter and put David Perron on the IR.
Dec 1, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Ondrej Pavelec’s stellar play is a big reason why the Atlanta Thrashers are on a six game winning streak, making important saves like the one you’ll find in this post.
Nov 30, 2010, 9:04 PM EDT
How worried should the Florida Panthers be about David Booth’s scoring slump?
Nov 30, 2010, 2:44 PM EDT
After missing 112 of the Wild’s last 113 games due to concussion problems, Pierre-Marc Bouchard is set to return to action.
Nov 29, 2010, 4:36 PM EDT
It sounds like Marc Savard could return to NHL action as soon as this week. Maybe.
Nov 29, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
From dealing with a concussion because of a collapse to being named the number one star of the week, Ondrej Pavelec provides plenty of inspiration. His teammate Dustin Byfuglien and Penguins star Sidney Crosby join him for the three stars of the week.
Nov 27, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
With Marc Savard (and Marco Sturm) nearing a return, the longtime questions are coming to the forefront for the Boston Bruins. Most importantly: who needs to go?
Nov 23, 2010, 4:33 PM EDT
Good news for the Bruins today as Marc Savard has been cleared for contact.
Nov 23, 2010, 1:32 PM EDT
Patrick O’Sullivan is hoping that going back to the team that originally drafted him will be able to spark his career.
Nov 22, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
If Marc Savard passes one more rigorous test, he’ll be able to participate in full contact drills during Boston Bruins practices.
Nov 20, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
Marc Savard wasn’t “fazed” by Colin Campbell’s e-mails … and might not be “fazed” by his concussion problems much longer, either.
More Rangers-Oilers: Christensen talked to, Alex Burrows supports Sean Avery, Smid will know better next time
Nov 15, 2010, 6:24 PM EDT
Hearing Sean Avery get a pat on the back from Alex Burrows for punching Ladislav Smid should be the postscript you were looking for about yesterday’s Rangers-Oilers brouhaha.
Nov 13, 2010, 7:53 PM EDT
Click more for an injury update on Boston Bruins skaters Marc Savard, Marco Sturm, Johnny Boychuk and David Krejci.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 63
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 5
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 30
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 15
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination