Results matching “concussion”
Feb 25, 2011, 11:45 AM EDT
With so many deals already having been made leading up to this year’s trade deadline, we’ve got a list of five others who might still be on the move before Monday at 3 p.m. ET
Feb 23, 2011, 10:08 PM EDT
After missing three games with dizziness, neither Jonas Hiller nor doctors are any closer to learning when he’ll come back.
Feb 23, 2011, 7:21 PM EDT
After a night in Newark and diverted flights, the James Neal and Matt Niskanen are finally in Pittsburgh and ready to play against the Sharks tonight.
Feb 22, 2011, 5:12 PM EDT
The Kings have come a long way by taking a slow and steady approach, but is it time for GM Dean Lombardi to be bold?
Feb 22, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
Here are previews of today’s 10 games, including Jamie Langebrunner playing against the Devils, a rapid reunion of the Erik Johnson-Chris Stewart trade and a big game between the Rangers and the Hurricanes.
Feb 21, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
When Sidney Crosby returns from his concussion, he’ll have a fine, young scoring forward to ride shotgun with him now as the Penguins acquire James Neal from Dallas.
Feb 21, 2011, 12:08 PM EDT
In the middle of a ten game losing streak and a trade that’s causing an uproar, some wondered if Avalanche coach Joe Sacco and GM Greg Sherman would be in trouble. Sources say they’re not.
Feb 18, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT
Helping clear the deck for Tomas Kaberle, the Bruins cleared out a pair of larger salary guys in Blake Wheeler and Mark Stuart for Rich Peverley and Boris Valabik.
Feb 11, 2011, 2:21 PM EDT
After taking a puck in the head on Sunday, Caps defenseman Mike Green appears to be ready to play tomorrow afternoon against Los Angeles.
Feb 10, 2011, 1:10 PM EDT
The Predators attempted to fill a serious need at center by acquiring Mike Fisher from the Senators, sending their 2011 first rounder and a conditional 2012 pick that could be a second or third rounder to Ottawa. Somewhere, Carrie Underwood is smiling.
Feb 9, 2011, 3:42 PM EDT
With a host of injuries to update here’s what’s up with Chris Drury, Daniel Alfredsson, Keith Ballard, and Alex Tanguay.
Feb 9, 2011, 3:09 PM EDT
As it was expected, Evgeni Malkin will get surgery on his torn MCL and ACL in his knee, ending his season and putting him out for six months.
Feb 9, 2011, 12:57 PM EDT
Anton Volchenkov will sit down for three games thanks to his targeted elbow to the head of Zach Boychuk.
Feb 8, 2011, 9:52 PM EDT
NBC’s Mike Milbury discusses what the Penguins can do without having Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin in the lineup.
Feb 7, 2011, 8:35 AM EDT
It doesn’t come as a surprise but it’s sad to hear just the same. The Bruins plan on shutting down concussion-addled star center Marc Savard for the rest of the season.
Feb 6, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury discuss how long the Penguins can go without their captain Sidney Crosby.
Feb 6, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
The Capitals shut out the Penguins 3-0 in NBC’s Game of the Week. The contest ended in an ugly fashion thanks to a knee-to-knee hit by Matt Cooke on Alex Ovechkin.
Feb 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
With Evgeni Malkin likely done for the season and playoffs, the Penguins must move on. How will they use a sudden glut of cap space to try to fill some of that void? Read this post for some suggestions and speculation.
Feb 5, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
Wondering how long exactly Evgeni Malkin will be out of action? Some reports are saying it’ll be at least six months.
Feb 5, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
The Penguins season took a terrible turn today with news of star forward Evgeni Malkin tearing both the MCL and ACL in his right knee. He’s done for the year.
Feb 4, 2011, 3:39 PM EDT
Jaroslav Halak will miss tonight’s game with an “upper body injury” and is listed as day-to-day.
Feb 4, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
It turns out that Brent Johnson hurt more than Rick DiPietro’s pride when he landed a one-punch knockout during their goalie fight on Wednesday night. The New York Islanders report that their constantly injured netminder will miss four to six weeks with facial fractures from the punch, although the Islanders listed knee swelling as another…
Feb 3, 2011, 11:42 PM EDT
There was a scary scene during the second period of tonight’s Thrashers-Flames game, as Atlanta forward Freddy Meyer collapsed on the ice.
Feb 2, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
The Oilers once again ready themselves for the return of talented but oft-injured winger Ales Hemsky.
Feb 2, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
The Blues get one of their important centermen off injured reserve in Andy McDonald.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 8
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 16
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 53
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 85
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (85)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control