Results matching “bobby ryan”
Jul 10, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks finally broke the seal on offer sheets yesterday, signing Chicago Blackhawks restricted free agent Niklas Hjalmarsson to a deal that the Hawks have seven days to match. Such a move brings up a lot of questions, particularly when it comes to the other desirable RFAs. One of the biggest fish in…
Jul 1, 2010, 8:28 PM EDT
For the most part, NHL teams and their players are allies. The one notable exception, though, is when a team goes into contract discussions with its players and their agents. It seems like the talks between restricted free agent Bobby Ryan and the Anaheim Ducks are getting a little contentious, as Eric Stephens of the…
Jun 28, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Perhaps the most surprising, and under the radar, news of this past week was when Ducks GM Bob Murray revealed that the Ducks had given forward Bobby Ryan a contract offer in the range of five-years, $20-$25 million — and that Ryan had reportedly turned that offer down. That supposedly put Ryan’s future with the…
Jun 24, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
If you missed out on the NHL Awards last night, you actually have a reason to be upset with yourself as the level of completely awkward situation dropped dramatically and host Jay Mohr was able to turn his opening monologue into a celebrity roast of sorts. Hey, you have to do something when your first…
Jun 10, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
In late May, I asked PHT readers to vote on how much money Bobby Ryan should make as a restricted free agent. Take a look at the poll results below (click to enlarge). So, my general guess for Ryan’s value seems to match the majority opinion of our audience (Perry-Getzlaf money) although “Jordan Staal money”…
May 25, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
During the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, all eyes were on the super-duper hyped Sidney Crosby. For some time, one had to wonder if No. 2 pick Bobby Ryan would be a mere footnote in the league’s draft history. Or, worse yet, maybe Ryan would go down as the NHL’s version of Darko Milicic, the infamous…
Mar 6, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Gettin’ the band back together in Anaheim.
Nov 21, 2012, 3:19 PM EDT
This after saying he wouldn’t play overseas and “take somebody else’s job.”
Jul 18, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
Chiarelli wants to keep Krejci and Lucic for now.
Jul 9, 2012, 12:43 PM EDT
Pretend you’re a general manager.
Jul 1, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
Veteran rearguard returns to the West Coast after starting his career in Vancouver.
Jan 19, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
Don’t expect them to go away though.
Dec 27, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
The Caps could use a whole lot of “shake and bake” right about now. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 20, 2011, 8:29 AM EDT
Wonder how the starting goalie feels with those fresh tire tracks across his back.
Three (News) Stars of the Week: Bobby on the block…then not, Paulina says bye…then hi, Bruce is fired…then hired
Dec 2, 2011, 6:50 PM EDT
Thanks for the page views, news stars.
Nov 30, 2011, 3:14 PM EDT
Says he’s trying not to focus on the rumors.
Nov 29, 2011, 5:04 PM EDT
We ask questions. Then we answer them.
Nov 29, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT
Is Slats working the phones? This picture says yes.
Aug 18, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
After trying to figure out the proper protocol for retired numbers in Winnipeg, the Jets have confirmed that Evander Kane will wear Bobby Hull’s old #9.
Aug 3, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
While the Winnipeg Jets aren’t retiring any numbers, that’s not going to stop Bryan Little from changing his number to honor former Winnipeg Jets great Dale Hawerchuk.
Apr 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
In today’s Five Thoughts, we give credit to the guts and heart of the Capitals while falling in love with the G-rated sass talk from Buffalo’s Ryan Miller.
Apr 8, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
No, that isn’t a misprint. Ottawa is giving general manager Bryan Murray a three-year contract extension to try and lead the Senators out of
Feb 10, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Wednesday night featured another controversial hit when Ryan Getzlaf clobbered Dan Hamhuis, although this time around it seems like the consensus was that it wasn’t suspension-worthy.
Jan 27, 2011, 2:39 PM EDT
Ryan Getzlaf’s recovery from fractured sinuses is going well enough so he might be back by February 9th.
Jan 5, 2011, 2:44 PM EDT
Ryan Getzlaf’s gruesome nasal fracture injury will officially have him on the shelf for 4-6 weeks.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 16
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 53
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 85
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (85)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control