Results matching “boudreau”
Feb 23, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
Joel Quenneville returned to the Blackhawks bench today, running their Wednesday practice.
Feb 18, 2011, 5:43 PM EDT
Every team has something to play for during Hockey Day in America’s four contests, but which clubs have the most on the line? Read this post to find out.
Feb 13, 2011, 4:07 PM EDT
Mike Milbury discusses the Capitals’ bumpy transition to a more defensive-minded scheme while Pierre McGuire is impressed by Keith Yandle’s development and the Coyotes’ rise in the Pacific Division.
Feb 11, 2011, 2:21 PM EDT
After taking a puck in the head on Sunday, Caps defenseman Mike Green appears to be ready to play tomorrow afternoon against Los Angeles.
Feb 6, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
Brooks Laich discusses the Capitals’ defensive-minded win against the Penguins in this video clip.
Feb 6, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
While we know about how the Caps offense has struggled to get things done this year, their goaltending has been the unsung hero of the season.
Feb 4, 2011, 5:10 PM EDT
Here are previews of tonight’s six games, including a Southeast showdown between the Lightning and Capitals and the next chapter in the Canucks-Blackhawks feud.
Jan 24, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
The Capitals offense was once again missing in action, this time not getting shots on goal and losing 2-1 in a shootout with the Rangers.
Jan 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
This year’s Philadelphia Flyers look an awful lot like last season’s Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks. Read this post to see why.
Jan 16, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
The Capitals pulled into a virtual tie with the Lightning for the Southeast Division lead thanks to a 3-1 win over the Senators today.
Jan 12, 2011, 6:41 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s four games.
Jan 10, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau announced that Alexander Semin won’t make the team’s trip to Florida this week, meaning he’s expected to miss games against the Panthers on Tuesday and a big one against the Lightning on Wednesday.
Jan 8, 2011, 7:56 PM EDT
We conclude our list of recommended new year’s resolutions with the five teams in the Southeast Division.
Jan 8, 2011, 4:50 PM EDT
It’s hard to imagine HBO and the NHL topping their first 24/7 collaboration, but here are two ways that would give them a fighting chance.
Jan 6, 2011, 9:55 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin got a cortisone shot for an injury that may or may not have been nagging him for a while. Is that the source of his goal scoring problems?
Jan 6, 2011, 5:12 PM EDT
HBO’s final episode of 24/7 leaves us wanting more but thankful that we were brought along for the ride in the first place.
Jan 5, 2011, 11:13 PM EDT
Make no mistake about which team is No. 1 in the East – at least right now – as top seed Pittsburgh dismantled second seed Tampa Bay 8-1 tonight.
Jan 2, 2011, 12:56 AM EDT
What were both teams saying after tonight’s incredible 3-1 Capitals win in the Winter Classic? Strap in.
Jan 1, 2011, 11:07 PM EDT
While Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin dominated the headlines going into the Winter Classic, hard working Capitals forward Eric Fehr stole the show with a great two goal performance.
Semyon Varlamov will start in Winter Classic; does that mean Varly holds the upper hand in Caps’ net?
Jan 1, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
Should we read anything “bigger” into the Capitals’ choice to start Semyon Varlamov instead of Michal Neuvirth for the Winter Classic? Maybe.
Dec 31, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
What are we looking out for in the Winter Classic tomorrow? We’ve got five things that make a lot of sense.
Dec 24, 2010, 7:00 AM EDT
Most hockey fans think the Winter Classic can’t get here soon enough. But for Dan Craig – the man building the custom rink on Heinz Field – it’s a stressful fight against the clock. Click “Read More” to find out about the process.
Dec 23, 2010, 6:26 PM EDT
Tonight’s Pens-Caps match up might be just one game, but for the Capitals it’s their chance to prove that their slump and hard times are truly behind them.
Dec 22, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
The next episode of HBO’s 24/7 Penguins/Capitals Road to the Winter Classic is on the way tonight and we’ve got some ideas on what to look out for.
Dec 22, 2010, 11:35 AM EDT
Here it is, the full first episode of HBO’s 24/7 to help you better get ready for episode two tonight. Yes, it’s censored so you can watch it at work or with your kids.
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 2
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 10
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 40
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 41
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 25
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal
- Play Video: IIHF highlights: Sweden 3, Finland 0