Nov 20, 2010, 10:51 PM EDT
We’re hoping this doesn’t become a regular segment, but we won’t lie if we told you we’d be fully entertained if it ended up becoming one. A few nights ago we saw St. Louis’ Jaroslav Halak find a way to help the Detroit Red Wings score by serving up a goal into his own net.…
Nov 20, 2010, 8:39 PM EDT
Tonight, the Montreal Canadiens paid tribute to former head coach Pat Burns who passed away yesterday after a long bout with lung cancer. Making the night more special in Montreal was having their opponent be the Toronto Maple Leafs. On a night where the long-time rivals would be doing battle with each other yet again…
Nov 20, 2010, 8:22 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day. Chicago @ Vancouver…
Nov 20, 2010, 8:01 PM EDT
This hockey homecoming might not quite land on your radar, but expect Marian Gaborik’s return to Minnesota to be an interesting one. Gaborik spent the first eight seasons of his career with the Minnesota Wild. In that time, when he was healthy, he was the one dynamic offensive presence the Wild could count upon when…
Nov 20, 2010, 6:50 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Magazine gets a peek at the “real” Sidney Crosby. Or at least as close a look as we’re going to get.
Nov 20, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
Late breaking news tonight as Buffalo Sabres star goalie Ryan Miller was scratched from his start against the Lightning tonight with a lower body injury. Patrick Lalime will start instead of Miller and Jhonas Enroth was called up to be the backup goalie tonight. Miller was the big winner last night in the Sabres 4-2…
Nov 20, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
Here are the probable goalies for tonight’s first nine games.
Nov 20, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at Saturday’s loaded 11-game schedule.
Nov 20, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
After MRI results turned up negative, doctors told Martin Brodeur to rest his elbow for “a maximum of two weeks.”
Nov 20, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
The 50,000th all-time NHL game will be played tonight. Let’s take a look at some of the most interesting numbers.
Nov 20, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
Thanks to strong play from Rick Nash and Steve Mason, the Columbus Blue Jackets are off to their best start in franchise history.
Nov 20, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
Marc Savard wasn’t “fazed” by Colin Campbell’s e-mails … and might not be “fazed” by his concussion problems much longer, either.
Nov 20, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Jimmy Howard couldn’t get the win, but he did earn Friday’s save of the night. Video of that save is available after the jump.
Nov 20, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Check out Atlanta Thrashers forward Alex Burmistrov’s outstanding salt-in-the-wound goal from last night’s 5-0 over the Washington Capitals after the jump.
Nov 20, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Read all about Friday’s four late games here.
Nov 20, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
I hate to ask this but … will this be Jarome Iginla’s last hat trick in a Calgary Flames uniform? Either way, his most recent one is available int his post.
Nov 19, 2010, 11:21 PM EDT
Once again, Reebok and Sidney Crosby team up to shoot a video that has us wondering if there was some “creative editing.” Either way, it’s an entertaining clip. Check it out by clicking “Read More.”
Nov 19, 2010, 11:02 PM EDT
Here are summaries of Friday’s first five games. Expect recaps of the final four on Saturday.
Nov 19, 2010, 10:45 PM EDT
Did the league make the right choice when they decided to count Chris Kunitz’s power-play goal after a lengthy video review process? Decide for yourself.
Nov 19, 2010, 10:10 PM EDT
If David Legwand’s day-to-day injury keeps him out for a significant amount of time, the Nashville Predators might be in some serious trouble at center.
More Top Posts
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 46
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PBT: Spurs rally to beat Grizzlies in OT, take 3-0 lead
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- Play Video: Highlights: Blackhawks stay alive
- Play Video: Bickell blasts Kronwall
- Play Video: Toews scores first goal of the playoffs
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic