Nov 18, 2010, 10:54 PM EDT
If you didn’t know any better, you would’ve thought that tonight’s game between the Flyers and Lightning was played in a simpler, more fun era of hockey. A day when scoring dominated the scene and getting good goaltending meant having a goals against average around 3.00. That’s right, these two teams dialed it back to…
Nov 18, 2010, 10:07 PM EDT
A bad game only gets made worse with a bad injury, and for the New Jersey Devils they went through this same dance just a week ago. During the Devils 3-1 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs in Toronto, Martin Brodeur left the game after two periods suffering another arm injury. Johan Hedberg took over…
Nov 18, 2010, 9:22 PM EDT
By now you’ve read about it or heard about it on the radio, but the paranoia over having bad things said about the team on Long Island has reached a new high, leading to team pulling the media credentials of one time team PR man Chris Botta. Botta, who worked for the Islanders for 20…
Nov 18, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
Tonight at 11:00 pm, embattled NHL Senior Vice President of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell will make a phone appearance on Versus’ new program NHL Overtime to discuss, we hope, what’s come out lately about him disparaging Marc Savard and being overtly critical of NHL officials regarding their treatment of his son, Bruins forward Gregory Campbell,…
Nov 18, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Check out the probable starters for tonight’s five games.
Nov 18, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
The Atlanta Thrashers decided to make Andrew Ladd their new team captain today. He’s their first captain since they traded Ilya Kovalchuk.
Nov 18, 2010, 4:51 PM EDT
The NHL decided to suspend Olli Jokinen three games for his cross-check on Wojtek Wolski. Check out the video of the hit and vote in the poll to determine if the suspension was too light, too harsh or just right.
Nov 18, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at tonight’s five games as we take a tour around the rink.
Nov 18, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
The Oilers placed Nikolai Khabibulin on the IR and called up Martin Gerber to take his place. The question is, with how poorly he’s been playing, is this really bad news for Edmonton?
Nov 18, 2010, 2:19 PM EDT
Olli Jokinen faces the possibility of a suspension after cross-checking Wojtek Wolski last night.
Nov 18, 2010, 2:01 PM EDT
Want to see why Mattias Ritola received a two game suspension? Here is video of that hit on Matt Moulson.
Nov 18, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Dustin Byfuglien left last night’s game against the Panthers after being hit by a puck, but Thrashers GM Rick Dudley says it shouldn’t be a long term injury.
Nov 18, 2010, 1:26 PM EDT
Even Mattias Ritola’s coach thinks that he deserves a suspension for his hit on Matt Moulson. The NHL agreed, handing him a two game suspension.
Nov 18, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Dwayne Roloson and the Islanders haven’t won a game in a long time, but the goalie’s valiant effort earned him recognition via the Save of the Night.
Nov 18, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Colorado’s Kevin Porter earned the Goal of the Night by scoring on a partial breakaway in overtime.
Nov 18, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Check out two hat tricks: one from Jonathan Toews, the other from Eric Staal.
Nov 18, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
Let’s take a look at last night’s three late games in these snappy summaries.
Nov 17, 2010, 11:53 PM EDT
Here are summaries of the night’s first nine games. The remaining three will be reviewed tomorrow.
Nov 17, 2010, 11:25 PM EDT
Want a taste of HBO’s 24/7 take on the 2011 Winter Classic between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Washington Capitals? Learn more about Saturday’s sneak preview by clicking “read more.”
Nov 17, 2010, 11:06 PM EDT[kml_flashembed movie="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="320" height="180" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" fvars="catid=35&id=83350&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"/]
Ouch. All we can say is ouch. Jaroslav Halak accidentally scored on his own net tonight.
More Top Posts
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control