Jun 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
The Kings GM argued that the team’s success over the last few years can be traced back to Richards.
Jun 25, 2014, 11:28 AM EST
Nashville’s first ever draft pick was dealt to Detroit in March.
Jun 25, 2014, 10:33 AM EST
He also thinks he’ll start the season with Joe Thornton in San Jose.
Jun 25, 2014, 9:34 AM EST
The Lightning freed up some space for him when they bought out Ryan Malone.
Jun 25, 2014, 8:21 AM EST
The two events are likely linked.
Jun 25, 2014, 8:06 AM EST
Wednesday’s collection of links.
Jun 23, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Will he struggle to adapt when he takes his talents to North America?
Jun 23, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
If he develops as advertised, he’ll net some big goals in his career.
Jun 23, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
He had 68 points in 78 regular season games, but was far less impressive in the playoffs.
Jun 23, 2014, 2:11 PM EST
That’s what his expiring contract was worth too.
Jun 23, 2014, 12:19 PM EST
It’s the first major move of the Ron Hextall era.
Jun 23, 2014, 11:59 AM EST
His father was an NHL defenseman and his two older brothers have already been drafted, but Sam might be the best of the Reinharts.
Jun 23, 2014, 11:02 AM EST
That’s good news for Anton Volchenkov.
Jun 23, 2014, 10:07 AM EST
That would be a tough request for Vancouver to accommodate.
Jun 23, 2014, 9:05 AM EST
We’ll see if he’ll accept less than he could have gotten to make that happen.
Jun 23, 2014, 8:06 AM EST
Monday’s collection of links.
Jun 22, 2014, 4:34 PM EST
Both teams have played in outdoor games before.
Jun 22, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Toronto-Montreal and San Jose-Los Angeles will play each other on the first and last days of the season.
Jun 22, 2014, 3:47 PM EST
The Hockey Hall of Fame’s Selection Committee meets tomorrow.
Jun 22, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
But as he’s said in the past, there is a scenario where Thornton might consider waiving his no-movement clause.
Jun 22, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
He might end up as an in-season replacement instead.
Jun 22, 2014, 12:28 PM EST
It will be tough for them to re-sign him given their cap situation.
Jun 22, 2014, 11:21 AM EST
Both are eligible to become unrestricted free agents.
Jun 22, 2014, 10:17 AM EST
They might add a complimentary blueliner this summer to help close the gap.
Jun 22, 2014, 9:09 AM EST
Their problem isn’t the high-end skilled forwards they drafted though.
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 2
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)