Jun 6, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
Part of that is getting a new coach, but Jim Rutherford also wants to bring analytics to Pittsburgh.
Jun 6, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
He won the Stanley Cup and Jack Adams Award, but the Penguins weren’t happy with their recent playoff runs.
Jun 6, 2014, 12:38 PM EDT
His 2013-14 campaign was cut short due to a shoulder injury.
Jun 6, 2014, 12:07 PM EDT
The event will start at 1:00 p.m. ET.
Jun 6, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
Los Angeles led the league in hits, but Chicago won it all last year after finishing last in the NHL in that category.
Jun 6, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
He served in that role with Hartford/Carolina for two decades.
Jun 6, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
As it is the Kings defenseman is one of the best in the league.
Jun 6, 2014, 9:04 AM EDT
A breakout season combined with a lack of competition could lead to Matt Niskanen getting a huge contract on the UFA market.
Jun 6, 2014, 8:05 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Jun 5, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
He missed most of the 2013-14 campaign.
Jun 5, 2014, 12:47 PM EDT
He’s eligible to become an unrestricted free agent this summer.
Jun 5, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Baltimore Arena general manager Frank Remesch isn’t surprised given what happened last time.
Jun 5, 2014, 10:56 AM EDT
Once again they showed their resiliency, but will they eventually dig themselves a hole they can’t get out of?
Jun 4, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
He’s not a fan of Montreal keeping either one.
Jun 4, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
He hasn’t put up Conn Smythe-worthy numbers like he did in 2012.
Jun 4, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
Jarmo Kekalainen was the director of scouting with the Blues when they took him in the second round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Jun 4, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
Will he cash in on his comeback campaign?
Jun 4, 2014, 9:06 AM EDT
The New York Islanders (fifth) and Florida Panthers (first) are willing to sell.
Jun 4, 2014, 8:09 AM EDT
The Stanley Cup Final starts tonight.
Jun 3, 2014, 3:24 PM EDT
He had 42 points in 2013-14.
Jun 3, 2014, 3:08 PM EDT
Going into this summer healthy should help.
Jun 3, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
What would the team be like now if he didn’t?
Jun 3, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
That means he can return for Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.
Jun 3, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
They’ve made it to the Stanley Cup Final for the second time in three years.
Jun 3, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
They turned a corner when they acquired Marian Gaborik.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)