Archives › Matt Reitz
Nov 3, 2011, 10:25 PM EDT
After a promising start, the Isles have dropped six straight. We’re not looking at another 14 game losing streak, are we?
Nov 3, 2011, 9:02 PM EDT
Does the NHL have an opportunity to grow during the NBA lockout? If so, what should they do to exploit the opportunity?
Nov 3, 2011, 7:57 PM EDT
James van Riemsdyk was a late scratch for tonight’s game against the New Jersey Devils. The official word is that he’s day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
Nov 3, 2011, 7:19 PM EDT
With Marc Staal’s status up in the air, the New York Rangers addressed the void on their blueline by signing Anton Stralman to a one-year deal.
Nov 3, 2011, 6:50 PM EDT
Predators GM David Poile speaks out about the Pekka Rinne deal. The man sounds like he has a plan– for this season AND the future.
Nov 2, 2011, 1:11 AM EDT
Alex Ovechkin wasn’t on the ice at the end of the game against the Anaheim Ducks. If you ask Mike Keenan, he shouldn’t have been either.
Nov 2, 2011, 12:07 AM EDT
Guy Boucher did not have kind words for his team after the Lightning’s poor effort against the Carolina Hurricanes.
Nov 1, 2011, 11:00 PM EDT
Nicklas Backstrom is the hero as the Caps come back from a three goal deficit to escape with the 5-4 win. But where was Alex Ovechkin at the end of the game?
Nov 1, 2011, 9:48 PM EDT
The power play in Chicago has been incredibly unproductive in the early going. How dangerous will the Hawks be when they figure out how to score on the man advantage?
Nov 1, 2011, 8:49 PM EDT
Gabriel Landeskog showed some serious maturity by telling the media that he should have been more aware during the Andy Sutton hit. Yeah, he’s still 18-years-old.
Nov 1, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
Shootout fans remorse: Linus Omark sent to the AHL to work on those other 60 minutes every game.
Nov 1, 2011, 8:05 PM EDT
There are people who are wondering if there is something wrong with Eric Staal early this season. Does it have anything to do with last season’s hit on his brother? Maybe Marc isn’t the only one that hasn’t recovered.
Oct 30, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
It should have been good enough for Pekka Rinne to earn his 100th win in his career in a Predators jersey. But he went further and set the franchise’s record for most shutouts on the same night. We take a look at Rinne’s night and much more in our Morning Skate full of links.
Oct 29, 2011, 11:21 PM EDT
The New York Rangers sent highly acclaimed prospect Tim Erixon down to the AHL today. But why? Maybe it’s because he hasn’t been playing well…
Oct 29, 2011, 9:54 PM EDT
Don Cherry’s uses Coach’s Corner segment to call out the Vancouver Canucks for whining and not paying the price.
Oct 29, 2011, 8:47 PM EDT
Chris Pronger met with the media to tell everyone that he still has blurred vision and is not sure when he’ll come back.
Oct 29, 2011, 7:09 PM EDT
Daniel Carcillo got the call that he’d been waiting for from the NHL offices in New York. The verdict? A two-game suspension for his hit on Joni Pitkanen.
Oct 29, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
While the St. Louis Cardinals were busy making history in Game 6 on Thursday night, St. Louis Blues defenseman Kent Huskins was busy breaking a bone in his left ankle.
Oct 29, 2011, 5:58 PM EDT
Watch Wojtek Wolski catch Daniel Alfredsson in the head with an illegal check that Brendan Shanahan will be reviewing this weekend.
Oct 27, 2011, 10:53 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets kicked three field goals to beat the Philadelphia Flyers 9-8… and Ilya Bryzgalov feels shame.
Oct 27, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
It looks like the Habs/Bruins rivalry is alive and well. After trying to fight for the better part of the 2nd period, villains Brad Marchand and PK Subban finally got it on.
Oct 27, 2011, 8:46 PM EDT
We’d like to congratulate Carey Price on his 100th victory last night. Now that we have that out of the way, enjoy Price giving up the dreaded “own goal.”
Oct 27, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
The NHL has officially announced that the 2012 Entry Draft will be held in Pittsburgh next June. Here are a few prospects who should start packing their bags…
Oct 27, 2011, 7:16 PM EDT
It’s official: James Reimer has officially been put on injured reserve by the Toronto Maple Leafs. It’s the dreaded “concussion like symptoms.”
Oct 27, 2011, 6:53 PM EDT
How far is too far for hazing? For an example of too far, you might want to check out this article.
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 9
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 17
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 96
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 99
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (96)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games