Nov 11, 2011, 8:47 PM EDT
Dallas Stars defenseman Alex Goligoski left Friday’s game against the Pens with an “upper body” injury.
Nov 11, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
Guillaume Latendresse is out indefinitely while he deals with the effects of a concussion. The worst part: Wild head coach Mike Yeo has no idea when he’ll be able to come back.
Nov 11, 2011, 7:09 PM EDT
Dave Tippett doesn’t care how many hits his team has on a given night. In fact, he thinks that the more hits they have, the worse they could be playing…
Nov 11, 2011, 6:31 PM EDT
Daniel Paille was thinking trying to play without a visor. All it took was a slap shot to the face to cure him of those thoughts…
Nov 9, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discuss the Lightning’s 1-3-1 defensive system and the Flyers interesting approach to breaking it.
Nov 9, 2011, 10:46 PM EDT
Check out Braydon Coburn as he makes short work of Tampa Bay’s Steve Downie…
Nov 9, 2011, 10:10 PM EDT
What happens when a prevent defense from football meets a four corners offense from basketball? Unfortunately, this.
Nov 9, 2011, 9:45 PM EDT
Let us hear it: what is the best NHL city in North America?
Nov 9, 2011, 8:13 PM EDT
Various Caps players responded to Mike Knuble’s postgame comments this afternoon. Consensus: they played like clowns
Nov 9, 2011, 1:12 AM EDT
Devils’ rookie scores on a sweet wraparound goal to give New Jersey the victory.
Nov 9, 2011, 12:38 AM EDT
It may have only been one game, but Ken Hitchcock looks like he might be the perfect remedy for the ailing St. Louis Blues.
Nov 8, 2011, 11:48 PM EDT
Nick Johnson received a 5-minute major for headbutting and a 10-minute misconduct. But he deserve them?
Nov 8, 2011, 10:35 PM EDT
There no shame in losing the the Dallas Stars this season. But after Tuesday night’s effort, Mike Knuble had some harsh words for his teammates…
Nov 8, 2011, 9:50 PM EDT
Watch Tanner Glass and Cody McCormick drop the gloves and get it on… it’s a good one.
Nov 8, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
Watch tonight’s ceremony for Igor Korolev and Pavol Demitra before the Hawks/Blues game in St. Louis.
Nov 8, 2011, 8:22 PM EDT
Every team has their own set of idiosyncrasies. The Predators? Apparently they like listening to a little Lionel Richie when they win. Try not to judge them.
Nov 8, 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets are off to the worst start in the entire NHL. So is Mark Letestu the answer to all their questions?
Nov 5, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
John Tortorella confirms that Sean Avery is going to hit the ice for the first time this season (NHL ice that is). If he’s looking for inspiration, another notorious pest (Daniel Carcillo) showed him exactly what he should be striving for as he makes his return. We present to you, our Morning Skate.
Nov 4, 2011, 11:45 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars topped the Colorado Avalanche in the game of the night; perhaps the most exciting game of the year.
Nov 4, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
This just in: Steven Stamkos knows a thing or two about scoring goals. He proved it against on Friday with his fourth career hat trick.
Nov 4, 2011, 10:32 PM EDT
If the Caps are going to win 5-1 every time there’s a controversy, should we expect Bruce Boudreau to bench Alex Ovechkin every game?
Nov 4, 2011, 9:37 PM EDT
The bad news is that the Leafs confirmed that James Reimer won’t be returning this weekend. The worse news is they have no idea when he’ll be back.
Nov 4, 2011, 9:09 PM EDT
The Kings are supposed to take the next step this year, but if they can’t score goals, they’re not going anywhere.
Nov 4, 2011, 7:41 PM EDT
Duncan Keith will miss tonight’s game against the Lightning; but the organization is hopeful he’ll be back in action on Sunday
Nov 3, 2011, 11:03 PM EDT
Danny Briere’s shootout attempt: Should it have counted?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)