Archives › Matt Reitz
Nov 29, 2011, 7:57 PM EDT
Max Pacioretty responds to Brendan Shanahan after receiving his three-game suspension. Yeah, he’s not complete agreement with the Shanahammer.
Nov 26, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Dallas Stars fans can thank a Canadian for all their good fortune over the last week, the Teachers’ Pension Plan still may want to sell the Leafs for the right price, and everyone agrees the Ducks need to do something to shake things up. All that and more in today’s Morning Skate.
Nov 26, 2011, 12:43 AM EDT
Watch out NHL! The Columbus Blue Jackets have earned points in six of their last seven games and are no longer the worst team in the league…
Nov 25, 2011, 11:59 PM EDT
Three more assists for Crosby as the Penguins destroy the Senators 6-3.
Nov 25, 2011, 10:25 PM EDT
John Tavares was fined for $2,500 for his slash on Zach Parise on Friday afternoon. Hopefully, Tavares will be able to still pay his bills.
Nov 25, 2011, 9:42 PM EDT
Doesn’t matter if a player is old or young, every player is thankful if they get a chance to win the Stanley Cup…
Nov 25, 2011, 8:22 PM EDT
Are the Vancouver Canucks the most arrogant and hated team in the league? A few San Jose Sharks were asked… and they wouldn’t disagree with Recchi’s comments.
Nov 25, 2011, 7:53 PM EDT
The Ducks lose yet again; this time giving up four third period goals for their 15th loss in 17 games.
Nov 25, 2011, 7:27 PM EDT
Less games. Less shots. More difficult?
Nov 24, 2011, 1:02 AM EDT
The Bruins are proving they can beat anyone, anywhere during their 10-game winning streak. Oh, and they can win any way you want as well…
Nov 24, 2011, 12:02 AM EDT
Apparently Crosby can’t score four points every night. Slacker.
Nov 23, 2011, 11:13 PM EDT
Andre Deveaux can expect to get a call from Brendan Shanahan first thing tomorrow morning. Here’s why…
Nov 23, 2011, 10:35 PM EDT
Ironman Brad Boyes was injured in the first period and will be out “for a period of time.”
Nov 23, 2011, 9:53 PM EDT
Stop us if you’ve heard this before: Jaromir Jagr is out with a lower-body injury…
Nov 23, 2011, 8:33 PM EDT
The tables were turned on Wednesday night when a Sabre took a run at a member of the Bruins. Needless to say, the Bruins had a stronger response than the Sabres had when Lucic hit Ryan Miller.
Nov 23, 2011, 7:47 PM EDT
It only took 1:23 until Milan Lucic was asked to drop the gloves. Of course, he obliged.
Nov 22, 2011, 1:07 AM EDT
Pete DeBoer was looking to beat the team that fired him last April when brought the Devils to Florida. He’ll have to wait until next time…
Nov 21, 2011, 11:26 PM EDT
Skinner scores on a sensational, smooth, spin-o-rama. Poor Kimmo Timonen.
Nov 21, 2011, 10:21 PM EDT
Who needs Semin? Struggling Caps win without the Russian winger…
Nov 21, 2011, 9:05 PM EDT
Watch Crosby talk to Pierre McGuire after his memorable first period back.
Nov 21, 2011, 8:26 PM EDT
Second shift for Sidney Crosby. First shot. First goal. See the video for yourself…
Nov 21, 2011, 8:19 PM EDT
Patrick Kaleta and Ryane Clowe incur the wrath of the mini-Shanahammer. Fines only.
Nov 20, 2011, 8:55 PM EDT
Like everyone else in Pittsburgh, Dan Bylsma is excited for Sidney Crosby to return to the ice. But he hopes that his team will just continue to pay with the same dedication that has put the Pens on top of the Eastern Conference.
Nov 20, 2011, 8:07 PM EDT
Former Panthers coach Peter DeBoer makes his homecoming on Monday night when he brings the Devils into town. Here’s a shocker: he really wants to win.
Nov 20, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
TJ Oshie was held out of today’s practice and is questionable for Tuesday’s game. At least their winning…
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 3
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 8
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 8
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 2
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 24
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 42
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot