Mar 5, 2011, 4:39 AM EDT
The Bruins, Blackhawks, and Sharks have combined for 22 straight wins. So which will be the first to lose a game?
Mar 5, 2011, 3:03 AM EDT
The Sharks made history as they signed Bay Area native Sena Acolatse to an entry-level contract. Acolatse was raised in Hayward, Calif. and picked up the game of hockey before moving to Edmonton. The signing is the first Bay Area signing for the Sharks. Signing Acolatse is in no way a PR stunt — the…
Mar 4, 2011, 11:40 PM EDT
Only a few years after Jacques Martin presided over a rebuild in Florida, Dale Tallon is trying to undo just about everything he did. Martin has no problems with it.
Mar 4, 2011, 9:58 PM EDT
Today, the fears of Oiler Nation were confirmed as it was announced that Hall suffered a high ankle sprain and will miss the rest of the season.
Mar 4, 2011, 9:07 PM EDT
Where would the Dallas Stars be if it weren’t for Kari Lehtonen?
Mar 4, 2011, 7:22 PM EDT
Only a few weeks ago, the rumors around the league were that Carolina was going to be a seller at the deadline. Fast-forward to today and see that not only did the Hurricanes add a couple of players to the mix, but both Erik Cole and Joni Pitkanen are still members of their club.
Mar 4, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
James Reimer game-saving stop narrowly edges Jose Theodore’s acrobatics for the save of the night.
Mar 4, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Nicklas Backstrom bats a puck out of mid-air for our goal of the night.
Mar 4, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Here are summaries of Thursday evening’s 4 late games.
Mar 4, 2011, 12:49 AM EDT
Taylor Hall had a goal, assist, and a fight against the Columbus Blue Jackets… and an injury.
Mar 4, 2011, 12:27 AM EDT
Results and recaps from tonight’s 7 early games in the NHL.
Mar 3, 2011, 10:13 PM EDT
For fans out there who thought all those arena situations were getting stale, the City of Edmonton and the Katz Group could provide a new dispute for public consumption.
Mar 3, 2011, 8:51 PM EDT
Dustin Penner is set to make his Los Angeles Kings debut tonight against the Phoenix Coyotes. On paper, he’s a perfect fit; but only time will tell if the Kings thrive with the power forward in the line-up.
Mar 3, 2011, 7:11 PM EDT
That small $100 million acquisition the Devils made in the offseason is starting to earn his way.
Feb 26, 2011, 2:09 AM EDT
Lightning finish off NHL’s longest home stand with a 7-3-2 record.
Feb 24, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Marc-Andre Fleury stones Patrick Marleau in OT for our Save of the Night.
Feb 24, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Bobby Butler shreds the Florida Panthers’ defense for a highlight goal.
Feb 24, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
We take a look at the 6 games of the night; including Terry Pegula’s first win as an owner and the Lightning crushing the Coyotes’ 8-game winning streak.
Feb 24, 2011, 1:52 AM EDT
With their win against the Ducks in Anaheim, LA wrapped up their North American trek with a 6-1-3 record.
Feb 24, 2011, 12:24 AM EDT
Gary Bettman’s vision of hockey in the Sun Belt looks like it’s starting to take hold at the grassroots level.
Feb 23, 2011, 11:06 PM EDT
Here’s a quick recap of all the players who have been traded since Friday (Feb 18) and how they’ve made their first impressions.
Feb 23, 2011, 10:08 PM EDT
After missing three games with dizziness, neither Jonas Hiller nor doctors are any closer to learning when he’ll come back.
Feb 23, 2011, 9:25 PM EDT
Just when the Penguins didn’t think anything could get worse, Brooks Orpik had to leave the game against the Sharks in the 1st period after blocking a shot with his hand.
Feb 23, 2011, 7:21 PM EDT
After a night in Newark and diverted flights, the James Neal and Matt Niskanen are finally in Pittsburgh and ready to play against the Sharks tonight.
Feb 20, 2011, 10:33 AM EDT
For those who last month’s game, there’s a little bad blood that may spill over to Sunday afternoon’s game.
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 5
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 7
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 15
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 27
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)