Mar 5, 2011, 4:39 AM EST
The Bruins, Blackhawks, and Sharks have combined for 22 straight wins. So which will be the first to lose a game?
Mar 5, 2011, 3:03 AM EST
The Sharks made history as they signed Bay Area native Sena Acolatse to an entry-level contract. Acolatse was raised in Hayward, Calif. and picked up the game of hockey before moving to Edmonton. The signing is the first Bay Area signing for the Sharks. Signing Acolatse is in no way a PR stunt — the…
Mar 4, 2011, 11:40 PM EST
Only a few years after Jacques Martin presided over a rebuild in Florida, Dale Tallon is trying to undo just about everything he did. Martin has no problems with it.
Mar 4, 2011, 9:58 PM EST
Today, the fears of Oiler Nation were confirmed as it was announced that Hall suffered a high ankle sprain and will miss the rest of the season.
Mar 4, 2011, 9:07 PM EST
Where would the Dallas Stars be if it weren’t for Kari Lehtonen?
Mar 4, 2011, 7:22 PM EST
Only a few weeks ago, the rumors around the league were that Carolina was going to be a seller at the deadline. Fast-forward to today and see that not only did the Hurricanes add a couple of players to the mix, but both Erik Cole and Joni Pitkanen are still members of their club.
Mar 4, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
James Reimer game-saving stop narrowly edges Jose Theodore’s acrobatics for the save of the night.
Mar 4, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Nicklas Backstrom bats a puck out of mid-air for our goal of the night.
Mar 4, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Here are summaries of Thursday evening’s 4 late games.
Mar 4, 2011, 12:49 AM EST
Taylor Hall had a goal, assist, and a fight against the Columbus Blue Jackets… and an injury.
Mar 4, 2011, 12:27 AM EST
Results and recaps from tonight’s 7 early games in the NHL.
Mar 3, 2011, 10:13 PM EST
For fans out there who thought all those arena situations were getting stale, the City of Edmonton and the Katz Group could provide a new dispute for public consumption.
Mar 3, 2011, 8:51 PM EST
Dustin Penner is set to make his Los Angeles Kings debut tonight against the Phoenix Coyotes. On paper, he’s a perfect fit; but only time will tell if the Kings thrive with the power forward in the line-up.
Mar 3, 2011, 7:11 PM EST
That small $100 million acquisition the Devils made in the offseason is starting to earn his way.
Feb 26, 2011, 2:09 AM EST
Lightning finish off NHL’s longest home stand with a 7-3-2 record.
Feb 24, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Marc-Andre Fleury stones Patrick Marleau in OT for our Save of the Night.
Feb 24, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Bobby Butler shreds the Florida Panthers’ defense for a highlight goal.
Feb 24, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
We take a look at the 6 games of the night; including Terry Pegula’s first win as an owner and the Lightning crushing the Coyotes’ 8-game winning streak.
Feb 24, 2011, 1:52 AM EST
With their win against the Ducks in Anaheim, LA wrapped up their North American trek with a 6-1-3 record.
Feb 24, 2011, 12:24 AM EST
Gary Bettman’s vision of hockey in the Sun Belt looks like it’s starting to take hold at the grassroots level.
Feb 23, 2011, 11:06 PM EST
Here’s a quick recap of all the players who have been traded since Friday (Feb 18) and how they’ve made their first impressions.
Feb 23, 2011, 10:08 PM EST
After missing three games with dizziness, neither Jonas Hiller nor doctors are any closer to learning when he’ll come back.
Feb 23, 2011, 9:25 PM EST
Just when the Penguins didn’t think anything could get worse, Brooks Orpik had to leave the game against the Sharks in the 1st period after blocking a shot with his hand.
Feb 23, 2011, 7:21 PM EST
After a night in Newark and diverted flights, the James Neal and Matt Niskanen are finally in Pittsburgh and ready to play against the Sharks tonight.
Feb 20, 2011, 10:33 AM EST
For those who last month’s game, there’s a little bad blood that may spill over to Sunday afternoon’s game.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)