Mar 16, 2011, 10:03 PM EST
Blues President Dave Checketts has announced that the St. Louis Blues are for sale.
Mar 16, 2011, 9:18 PM EST
League misses yet another opportunity to take a stand as they give Dany Heatley a two-game suspension for his elbow to Steve Ott’s head.
Mar 16, 2011, 8:20 PM EST
Of all the teams competing for the last few playoff spots, the Ducks seem to be flying under the radar. Whatever the reason, the Ducks are still right in the thick of the playoff race and no one seems to be talking about it.
Mar 16, 2011, 7:10 PM EST
Bruce Boudreau can go with the guy who has playoff experience, the guy who has started most of the games this season, or the kid with the hot hand; but he’s not ready to decide yet.
Mar 13, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Ondrej Pavelec flashes the glove on James van Riemsdyk to keep the Thrashers in the game.
Mar 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Datsyuk dangles and dazzles through defense for Detroit.
Mar 13, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Here are summaries of Saturday evening’s 4 late games.
Mar 13, 2011, 5:58 AM EST
Three years ago the NHLPA asked general managers to do something about throwing headshot problem in the NHL. Their pleas were met with silence.
Mar 13, 2011, 1:23 AM EST
The Bakersfield Condors scored 3 straight goals for a 5-4 comeback win against the Idaho Steelheads on Friday night. In case the fans didn’t get enough of it, the two teams renewed pleasantries on Saturday night. Same teams, same place, same bat channel. The joys of the ECHL. The Condors have clinched a playoff spot…
Mar 13, 2011, 12:20 AM EST
Recaps of the Saturday’s six early games.
Mar 12, 2011, 9:33 PM EST
The Flyers say Chris Pronger’s injury is nothing serious. They won last game against Edmonton. But whenever a superstar defenseman shows up in the GM’s box for the first time all season and is wearing a soft cast to protect his hand, it’s going to raise some eyebrows. Whenever a team gives up 4 goals…
Mar 12, 2011, 8:27 PM EST
It wasn’t long ago with the Colorado Avalanche were viewed as one of the promising, young teams in the NHL. Then, just as quickly as it began, it all came to a crashing halt.
Mar 12, 2011, 7:30 PM EST
The Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan is looking to sell their 66% share in Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment (MLSE).
Mar 11, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Brian Boucher flashes the leather for the save of the night.
Mar 11, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Torrey Mitchell goes through the entire Canucks’ defense for a highlight-reel goal.
Mar 11, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Here are summaries of Thursday’s seven games around the NHL.
Mar 11, 2011, 4:46 AM EST
Every week, we’ll provide updates for each division’s outlook. The biggest contenders and/or closest races will receive the greatest amount of attention. Today, we take a look at the Northwest Division.
Mar 11, 2011, 1:28 AM EST
Whether you love him or hate him, there’s no questioning the fact that Philadelphia Flyers forward Daniel Carcillo makes the hockey world a more interesting place. On Thursday night, he was the recipient of a rather brutal cross-check/boarding from Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek 3:45 into the game. Komisarek earned a 5-minute boarding call, a 10-minute…
Mar 10, 2011, 11:45 PM EST
Jaroslav Halak stops 27 of 28 shots to beat his former team; but that doesn’t mean the Habs made a mistake when trading him in favor of Carey Price.
Mar 10, 2011, 10:41 PM EST
Brad Richards returned to action on Wednesday night; but it might take a while until he gets back to full speed.
Mar 10, 2011, 9:08 PM EST
The Flames have been one of the best teams since Jay Feaster took over the team on December 28. What’s the secret?
Mar 10, 2011, 7:21 PM EST
Florida’s ownership knew that Dale Tallon’s rebuild in Chicago took a few years—but they also knew that the payoff for their hardships in the short-term could translate into sustained success in the long-run. That’s what the Panthers’ management are betting on.
Mar 5, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Who says the save of the night has to be made by a goaltender?
Mar 5, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Artem Anisimov shows off the entire skill-set for the goal of the night.
Mar 5, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Here are summaries of Friday’s five games around the NHL.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)