Archives › Matt Reitz
Mar 16, 2011, 10:03 PM EDT
Blues President Dave Checketts has announced that the St. Louis Blues are for sale.
Mar 16, 2011, 9:18 PM EDT
League misses yet another opportunity to take a stand as they give Dany Heatley a two-game suspension for his elbow to Steve Ott’s head.
Mar 16, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
Of all the teams competing for the last few playoff spots, the Ducks seem to be flying under the radar. Whatever the reason, the Ducks are still right in the thick of the playoff race and no one seems to be talking about it.
Mar 16, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau can go with the guy who has playoff experience, the guy who has started most of the games this season, or the kid with the hot hand; but he’s not ready to decide yet.
Mar 13, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Ondrej Pavelec flashes the glove on James van Riemsdyk to keep the Thrashers in the game.
Mar 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Datsyuk dangles and dazzles through defense for Detroit.
Mar 13, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Here are summaries of Saturday evening’s 4 late games.
Mar 13, 2011, 5:58 AM EDT
Three years ago the NHLPA asked general managers to do something about throwing headshot problem in the NHL. Their pleas were met with silence.
Mar 13, 2011, 1:23 AM EDT
The Bakersfield Condors scored 3 straight goals for a 5-4 comeback win against the Idaho Steelheads on Friday night. In case the fans didn’t get enough of it, the two teams renewed pleasantries on Saturday night. Same teams, same place, same bat channel. The joys of the ECHL. The Condors have clinched a playoff spot…
Mar 13, 2011, 12:20 AM EDT
Recaps of the Saturday’s six early games.
Mar 12, 2011, 9:33 PM EDT
The Flyers say Chris Pronger’s injury is nothing serious. They won last game against Edmonton. But whenever a superstar defenseman shows up in the GM’s box for the first time all season and is wearing a soft cast to protect his hand, it’s going to raise some eyebrows. Whenever a team gives up 4 goals…
Mar 12, 2011, 8:27 PM EDT
It wasn’t long ago with the Colorado Avalanche were viewed as one of the promising, young teams in the NHL. Then, just as quickly as it began, it all came to a crashing halt.
Mar 12, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
The Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan is looking to sell their 66% share in Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment (MLSE).
Mar 11, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Brian Boucher flashes the leather for the save of the night.
Mar 11, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Torrey Mitchell goes through the entire Canucks’ defense for a highlight-reel goal.
Mar 11, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Here are summaries of Thursday’s seven games around the NHL.
Mar 11, 2011, 4:46 AM EDT
Every week, we’ll provide updates for each division’s outlook. The biggest contenders and/or closest races will receive the greatest amount of attention. Today, we take a look at the Northwest Division.
Mar 11, 2011, 1:28 AM EDT
Whether you love him or hate him, there’s no questioning the fact that Philadelphia Flyers forward Daniel Carcillo makes the hockey world a more interesting place. On Thursday night, he was the recipient of a rather brutal cross-check/boarding from Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek 3:45 into the game. Komisarek earned a 5-minute boarding call, a 10-minute…
Mar 10, 2011, 11:45 PM EDT
Jaroslav Halak stops 27 of 28 shots to beat his former team; but that doesn’t mean the Habs made a mistake when trading him in favor of Carey Price.
Mar 10, 2011, 10:41 PM EDT
Brad Richards returned to action on Wednesday night; but it might take a while until he gets back to full speed.
Mar 10, 2011, 9:08 PM EDT
The Flames have been one of the best teams since Jay Feaster took over the team on December 28. What’s the secret?
Mar 10, 2011, 7:21 PM EDT
Florida’s ownership knew that Dale Tallon’s rebuild in Chicago took a few years—but they also knew that the payoff for their hardships in the short-term could translate into sustained success in the long-run. That’s what the Panthers’ management are betting on.
Mar 5, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Who says the save of the night has to be made by a goaltender?
Mar 5, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Artem Anisimov shows off the entire skill-set for the goal of the night.
Mar 5, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Here are summaries of Friday’s five games around the NHL.
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 11
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 23
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 23
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 11
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 79
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 25
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 58
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (79)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT