Archives › Matt Reitz
May 31, 2011, 2:37 AM EDT
As the members of the Tampa Bay Lightning cleared out their lockers for the year, Steven Stamkos revealed that he’d been playing with a shoulder injury since the first round.
May 31, 2011, 1:08 AM EDT
The elder statesman of the NHL confirmed what the media and fans alike have speculated for weeks: Mark Recchi will call it quits if the Boston Bruins win the Stanley Cup. Shocking no one, he has carried himself with class through the entire situation and even when reports brought it up before the team left…
May 30, 2011, 11:38 PM EDT
Jack Skille has agreed to a 2-year contact deal with the Florida Panthers that will pay him $825,000 per season.
May 30, 2011, 10:20 PM EDT
With the NHL Scouting Combine starting on Monday, the hockey world will remember former NHL Central Scouting Director E.J. McGuire who passed away in April.
May 30, 2011, 9:17 PM EDT
After being cleared by doctors to play, Alain Vigneault has been practicing Manny Malhotra on the penalty kill like he’s going to play in Game 1.
May 30, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
Andrew Alberts has only played in three playoff games this year, but he still has intimate knowledge of some Boston players that no other member of the Canucks has.
Apr 9, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Pekka Rinne doing what he’s done all season—making beautiful saves.
Apr 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Nathan Gerbe channeled his inner-Denis Savard with his spin-o-rama backhander that beat Flyers goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky.
Apr 9, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Here are summaries of Friday evening’s six games in the West including as the Nashville Predators, Phoenix Coyotes, and Anaheim Ducks all qualified for the playoffs.
Apr 9, 2011, 6:38 AM EDT
Joe Thornton becomes the 78th player in NHL history to rack up 1000 career points. You know what they say, the first 1,000 are always the easiest.
Apr 9, 2011, 2:47 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks rode a two-goal performance by Teemu Selanne to beat the Los Angeles Kings and secure a spot in the 2011 Stanley Cup playoffs.
Apr 9, 2011, 2:39 AM EDT
After a wild night in the Eastern Conference, the Sabres clinch a playoff spot, the Penguins clinch home-ice advantage in the first round, and the idle Capitals clinch the #1 seed in the East.
Apr 8, 2011, 11:48 PM EDT
Ryan Miller makes a surprising return in the 3rd period as the Sabres win in overtime to clinch a playoff berth.
Apr 8, 2011, 9:57 PM EDT
Dave Bolland showing some signs of progress and skates for the first time since suffering a concussion a month ago against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Apr 8, 2011, 8:59 PM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes’ prospect Andy Miele (Miami of Ohio) wins the 2011 Hobey Baker Award for best collegiate player.
Apr 8, 2011, 7:25 PM EDT
Both the Ducks and Kings have plenty to play for in the most important game the Southern California rivals have ever played.
Apr 6, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
James Reimer stays with Marcus Johansson to keep the score tied halfway through the 3rd period of Tuesday’s Leafs/Caps game.
Apr 6, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Patrick Kane dangles around Mathieu Darche and beats Carey Price for the goal of the night.
Apr 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Here are the summaries of all five games that mattered in the Eastern Conference playoff standings.
Apr 6, 2011, 5:03 AM EDT
Here are summaries of Tuesday’s five games in the Western Conference and what they all mean in the West’s playoff standings.
Apr 6, 2011, 1:45 AM EDT
Raffi Torres delivers headshot to Jordan Eberle; but will he receive a call from the NHL league offices and Colin Campbell?
Apr 6, 2011, 12:54 AM EDT
PK Subban’s power play goal sends the Habs to the playoffs; Hawks earn a valuable point to help maintain the 8th spot in the Western Conference.
Apr 6, 2011, 12:20 AM EDT
After fearing the worst, the New York Rangers have learned that Ryan Callahan will miss the rest of the season with a fractured leg after blocking a Zdeno Chara slap shot.
Apr 5, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
After watching captain Vincent Lecavalier narrowly escape a serious eye injury, Lightning GM Steve Yzerman will ask all of his players to wear visors next season.
Apr 5, 2011, 9:38 PM EDT
Management in Philadelphia has been happy with Nikolay Zherdev’s play as of late — but will be able to keep it up for a playoff run?
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 26
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 32
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 54
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 14
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 95
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 29
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 58
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings