May 31, 2011, 2:37 AM EST
As the members of the Tampa Bay Lightning cleared out their lockers for the year, Steven Stamkos revealed that he’d been playing with a shoulder injury since the first round.
May 31, 2011, 1:08 AM EST
The elder statesman of the NHL confirmed what the media and fans alike have speculated for weeks: Mark Recchi will call it quits if the Boston Bruins win the Stanley Cup. Shocking no one, he has carried himself with class through the entire situation and even when reports brought it up before the team left…
May 30, 2011, 11:38 PM EST
Jack Skille has agreed to a 2-year contact deal with the Florida Panthers that will pay him $825,000 per season.
May 30, 2011, 10:20 PM EST
With the NHL Scouting Combine starting on Monday, the hockey world will remember former NHL Central Scouting Director E.J. McGuire who passed away in April.
May 30, 2011, 9:17 PM EST
After being cleared by doctors to play, Alain Vigneault has been practicing Manny Malhotra on the penalty kill like he’s going to play in Game 1.
May 30, 2011, 7:58 PM EST
Andrew Alberts has only played in three playoff games this year, but he still has intimate knowledge of some Boston players that no other member of the Canucks has.
Apr 9, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Pekka Rinne doing what he’s done all season—making beautiful saves.
Apr 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Nathan Gerbe channeled his inner-Denis Savard with his spin-o-rama backhander that beat Flyers goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky.
Apr 9, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Here are summaries of Friday evening’s six games in the West including as the Nashville Predators, Phoenix Coyotes, and Anaheim Ducks all qualified for the playoffs.
Apr 9, 2011, 6:38 AM EST
Joe Thornton becomes the 78th player in NHL history to rack up 1000 career points. You know what they say, the first 1,000 are always the easiest.
Apr 9, 2011, 2:47 AM EST
The Anaheim Ducks rode a two-goal performance by Teemu Selanne to beat the Los Angeles Kings and secure a spot in the 2011 Stanley Cup playoffs.
Apr 9, 2011, 2:39 AM EST
After a wild night in the Eastern Conference, the Sabres clinch a playoff spot, the Penguins clinch home-ice advantage in the first round, and the idle Capitals clinch the #1 seed in the East.
Apr 8, 2011, 11:48 PM EST
Ryan Miller makes a surprising return in the 3rd period as the Sabres win in overtime to clinch a playoff berth.
Apr 8, 2011, 9:57 PM EST
Dave Bolland showing some signs of progress and skates for the first time since suffering a concussion a month ago against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Apr 8, 2011, 8:59 PM EST
Phoenix Coyotes’ prospect Andy Miele (Miami of Ohio) wins the 2011 Hobey Baker Award for best collegiate player.
Apr 8, 2011, 7:25 PM EST
Both the Ducks and Kings have plenty to play for in the most important game the Southern California rivals have ever played.
Apr 6, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
James Reimer stays with Marcus Johansson to keep the score tied halfway through the 3rd period of Tuesday’s Leafs/Caps game.
Apr 6, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Patrick Kane dangles around Mathieu Darche and beats Carey Price for the goal of the night.
Apr 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Here are the summaries of all five games that mattered in the Eastern Conference playoff standings.
Apr 6, 2011, 5:03 AM EST
Here are summaries of Tuesday’s five games in the Western Conference and what they all mean in the West’s playoff standings.
Apr 6, 2011, 1:45 AM EST
Raffi Torres delivers headshot to Jordan Eberle; but will he receive a call from the NHL league offices and Colin Campbell?
Apr 6, 2011, 12:54 AM EST
PK Subban’s power play goal sends the Habs to the playoffs; Hawks earn a valuable point to help maintain the 8th spot in the Western Conference.
Apr 6, 2011, 12:20 AM EST
After fearing the worst, the New York Rangers have learned that Ryan Callahan will miss the rest of the season with a fractured leg after blocking a Zdeno Chara slap shot.
Apr 5, 2011, 10:45 PM EST
After watching captain Vincent Lecavalier narrowly escape a serious eye injury, Lightning GM Steve Yzerman will ask all of his players to wear visors next season.
Apr 5, 2011, 9:38 PM EST
Management in Philadelphia has been happy with Nikolay Zherdev’s play as of late — but will be able to keep it up for a playoff run?
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 7
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 34
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 49
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 11
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 15
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 15
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 41
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 24
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)