Archives › Matt Reitz
Jun 18, 2011, 12:14 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers have now met face to face with free-agent-to-be Ilya Bryzgalov. But even if they can agree to a contract, the Flyers will have to make a few moves before they can bring Bryzgalov into the fold.
Jun 17, 2011, 11:17 PM EDT
Boston officials expect one million fans to flood the downtown streets for the Bruins’ Stanley Cup parade on Saturday.
Jun 17, 2011, 9:43 PM EDT
Unable to agree on a long-term contract, the New Jersey Devils have filed for arbitration with left wing sniper Zach Parise.
Jun 17, 2011, 8:44 PM EDT
Vancouver GM Mike Gillis met with the media and explained just how many injuries the Canucks were dealing with in the playoffs.
Jun 17, 2011, 7:41 PM EDT
A few general managers attempted to acquire Tim Thomas before the season started. Can you imagine if he were wearing a Flyers or Capitals jersey this postseason?
Jun 12, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Even though home-ice advantage has been important, the team that scores first has been the most telling statistic throughout the entire playoffs.
Jun 12, 2011, 2:21 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have informed Craig Rivet, Ethan Moreau, and Chris Clark that they will not be returning to Ohio next season.
Jun 12, 2011, 12:24 AM EDT
Restricted free agent to-be Andrew Ladd flew up to Winnipeg to check out the Thrashers new home. If GM Kevin Cheveldayoff gets his way, it’ll be Ladd’s new home as well next season.
Jun 11, 2011, 11:04 PM EDT
When a Stanley Cup Final series is tied 2-2, the winner of Game 5 has won the championship 71% of the time. Will the Boston Bruins be able to buck the trend?
Jun 11, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning look to the future by signing 2010 1st round pick Brett Connolly to an entry-level contract.
Jun 11, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Claude Julien says the Bruins are not using Roberto Luongo’s Game 5 post-game comments as motivation for Game 6 in Boston; but it’s clear the remarks have rubbed members of the Bruins organization the wrong way.
Jun 8, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Did the league contribute to a toxic atmosphere in Game 3 when Aaron Rome leveled Nathan Horton or was Rome’s hit completely unrelated to the rest of the series? Different journalists around the country have differing opinions.
Jun 8, 2011, 2:18 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets fired their Director of Pro Scouting and assistant General Manager (in charge of scouting) as they strive to build a championship-caliber team. Will a few changes in the front office be enough to re-energize Columbus?
Jun 8, 2011, 1:10 AM EDT
Dallas Stars’ enforcer Krys Barch took to twitter and the airwaves to blast Maxim Lapierre for his actions in the Stanley Cup Finals. Apparently, it’s not just fans who are upset with his antics.
Jun 7, 2011, 11:37 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators’ AHL affiliate Binghamton Baby Sens beat the Houston Aeros to capture their first title in 29 years.
Jun 7, 2011, 10:23 PM EDT
Mike Murphy consulted with former league disciplinarian (and former Canucks GM) prior to issuing 4-game suspension to Aaron Rome. Yet again, the NHL has faces more questions with another conflict of interests.
Jun 7, 2011, 8:59 PM EDT
The Flyers opted to be a proactive participant in this year’s free agent festivities by acquiring the rights to Ilya Bryzgalov from the Phoenix Coyotes. But will they be able to sign him?
Jun 7, 2011, 7:23 PM EDT
After years and years of trying to acquire an NHL team, it looks like Gary Bettman and the league has finally given Jim Balsillie reason to hope that he may finally get what he desperately wants.
Jun 1, 2011, 4:43 AM EDT
Plenty of numbers breaking down exactly how much tickets are for this year’s Cup Final; including statistics that show Canucks fans are far more willing to travel to Boston than Bruins fans are willing to buy tickets for games at Rogers Arena.
Jun 1, 2011, 3:35 AM EDT
After the Florida Panthers found their man in Kevin Dineen, four teams are still looking for their new boss. Here are some of the candidates that the Dallas Stars, Minnesota Wild, New Jersey Devils, and Ottawa Senators are considering.
Jun 1, 2011, 1:33 AM EDT
Boston expects at least a $5 million boost to the local economy for each and every Stanley Cup Final game played in TD Banknorth Garden.
Jun 1, 2011, 12:49 AM EDT
Realignment will have to wait for at least a season, but will Detroit, Columbus, or Nashville end up in the Eastern Conference with the NHL shakes up the Southeast Division?
May 31, 2011, 10:21 PM EDT
One of the first orders of business for the team in Winnipeg is to lock-up their new captain, restricted free agent Andrew Ladd.
May 31, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
After last year’s Stanley Cup Final, there were fans and pundits who claimed that goaltending wasn’t as important as it used to be. The Blackhawks thought Antti Niemi was replaceable after winning the Stanley Cup and the Philadelphia Flyers came within two games of a championship with a goaltender that ended up playing most of…
May 31, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
No matter how big the game is, fans can always find tickets if their willing to pay a little extra. For fans in Vancouver, they’ll have to pay much more for Stanley Cup Finals tickets.
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 14
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 47
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 84
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 99
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (92)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (86)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games