Archives › Matt Reitz
Jun 24, 2011, 11:02 PM EDT
The PHT crew follows the 2011 NHL Draft and gives immediate analysis for each first round pick.
Jun 24, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Sean Couturier is a big body center who has excellent vision and hands. He’s responsible in his own zone, can grind with the best of them, and is one of the best face-off guys in this year’s draft. If this were the pre-lockout NHL, scouts would be drooling all over him (more than they are)…
Jun 24, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
A winner and a natural scorer, Saint John Sea Dogs center Jonathan Huberdeau has shot up the draft rankings.
Jun 24, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Widely regarded as the best defenseman in the 2011 draft, the Swedish blueliner is the obligatory comparisons to Nicklas Lidstrom.
Jun 24, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Gabriel Landeskog projects to be a top 5 pick and the best leader in this year’s draft.
Jun 24, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is rated by most draft experts as the #1 prospect in the 2011 Entry Draft
Jun 24, 2011, 1:46 AM EDT
Brad Richards tells the Dallas Stars that he will not waive his no-trade clause before free agency opens on July 1. The bidding war should be fun.
Jun 24, 2011, 12:09 AM EDT
Both the Columbus Blue Jackets and Los Angeles Kings are excited about their respective acquisitions from the Philadelphia Flyers.
Jun 23, 2011, 9:41 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens have committed to their oft-injured start defenseman Andrei Markov for the next three seasons. Will he be able to stay healthy?
Jun 23, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks signed restricted free agent Devin Setoguchi to a 3-year deal with $3 million per season. It looks like the young forward corps in San Jose just got a little stronger next season.
Jun 23, 2011, 7:24 PM EDT
General managers learned today that they’ll have $64.3 million to play when when they’re putting their teams together this season. They also learned that the salary cap floor was raised to $48.3. Now how will they spend the extra money?
Jun 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
The PHT staff makes a case for each of the three Vezina Trophy finalists.
Jun 22, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
The PHT staff debates the merits of all three Selke Trophy finalists: Jonathan Toews, Ryan Kesler, and Pavel Datsyuk
Jun 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The PHT staff makes the cases for Logan Couture, Jeff Skinner, and Michael Grabner for the 2011 Calder Trophy.
Jun 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Semyon Varlamov has told the Capitals that he’d like to stay in the NHL and sign an extension. The problem is that he’s not willing to take a huge pay cut from the KHL; and SKA St. Petersburg would reportedly offer approximately $4 million.
Jun 21, 2011, 2:14 AM EDT
Jaromir Jagr’s agent has contacted the Pittsburgh Penguins about a reunion… and the Pens are interested.
Jun 21, 2011, 12:52 AM EDT
Multiple outlets are reporting that LA Kings left winger Ryan Smyth has asked management for a trade… to Edmonton.
Jun 20, 2011, 9:04 PM EDT
The Winnipeg franchise has narrowed their coaching search down to Claude Noel and Mike Haviland; (now former) coach Craig Ramsay was informed that he is no longer a candidate.
Jun 20, 2011, 7:55 PM EDT
In an interview with the Atlanta Journal Constitution, NHL Commission Gary Bettman said, “the franchise wasn’t economically viable. We are not happy about it.”
Jun 18, 2011, 6:20 PM EDT
Even though the Florida Panthers and Tomas Vokoun still have almost two weeks to reach an agreement, it’s looking like Tomas Vokoun will “hit the open market” on July 1.
Jun 18, 2011, 5:04 PM EDT
Boston Police Department says the Bruins “rolling rally” is the largest sports celebration in the city’s history.
Jun 18, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Both the Tampa Bay Lightning and Eric Brewer are optimistic they’ll be able to reach an agreement on a contract extension in the near future.
Jun 18, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
As soon as a season ends, fans from 29 other teams are ready for the next season to begin. With Hockey Canada and USA Hockey announcing their Development Camp rosters for next year’s World Junior Championships, the future seems a little closer.
Jun 18, 2011, 4:39 AM EDT
Vancouverites continue to take back their city as yet another “infamous” rioter is arrested for his role in Wednesday night’s destruction.
Jun 18, 2011, 12:58 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators have filed for arbitration with Shea Weber; not so much to settle a salary dispute, but more to protect themselves from any potential offer sheets.
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 1
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 33
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 67
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 5
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte