Archives › Matt Reitz
Jul 8, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Colorado Avalanche GM Greg Sherman says, “I’m very confident in my abilities to do my job.” It’s probably not a good sign when the GM feels like he has to tell people that he can do his job.
Jul 8, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
From the “better late than never” file, the Nashville may see Alexander Radulov back in a Predators jersey as soon as the 2012-13 season. Wouldn’t it be nice if they had him as a back-up plan for Sergei Kostitsyn?
Jul 8, 2011, 5:54 AM EDT
Sources tell the Philadelphia Inquirer that the Flyers are shopping goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky.
Jul 8, 2011, 3:25 AM EDT
The Blues were able to acquire some much needed veteran leadership when they signed Jaime Langenbrunner and Jason Arnott to 1-year deals. Now that they have the vets in the locker room, are the Blues legitimate playoff contenders?
Jul 8, 2011, 1:26 AM EDT
Ryan Shannon signed a 1-year, $625,000 contract with the Tampa Bay Lightning. Can the speedy forward be this year’s version of Sean Bergenheim for the Guy Boucher and the Bolts?
Jul 7, 2011, 11:44 PM EDT
One week after the July 1st trade that brought Semyon Varlamov to the Colorado Avalanche, he was formally introduced to the Denver media. In addition to performing the entire press conference (and subsequent interview session) in English, the 23-year-old Russian netminder surprised most people in attendance by telling everyone that his “childhood dream was to…
Jul 7, 2011, 8:57 PM EDT
Just because True North has found their team and brought the NHL back to Winnipeg, the Coyotes situation in Arizona still hasn’t been magically solved for the league. Potential owner Matthew Hulsizer dropped his bid to buy the struggling franchise on June 27 and the league has not publically announced any new potential suitors. There…
Jul 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Chicago businessman Don Levin has been in the Seattle area putting together plans to build an arena that would house a potential NHL team.
Jul 2, 2011, 2:41 AM EDT
All it took was one day in July for Dale Tallon to get people to take the Florida Panthers seriously again. Acquiring eight players in one day will do that.
Jul 2, 2011, 12:22 AM EDT
After a day full free agent signings, rumors, and trades, Brad Richards stated that he’ll wait until Day 2 of free agency to announce his decision. Surprisingly, the Calgary Flames may be one of the front runners.
Jul 1, 2011, 11:03 PM EDT
Michal Handzus, Daniel Carcillo, and Ruslan Fedotenko all signed on the dotted line towards the end of Free Agent Friday.
Jul 1, 2011, 9:37 PM EDT
Restricted free agent defenseman Drew Doughty reportedly wants to become the highest paid player on the Los Angeles Kings.
Jul 1, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Teemu Selanne underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left knee in Finland this week. Depending on how the surgury (and rehab) goes, Selanne is expected to make a decision on his future later this summer.
Jul 1, 2011, 1:21 AM EDT
There’s a report that Jaromir Jagr has agreed to sign with the Pittsburgh Penguins tomorrow; meanwhile his agent continues to negotiate with other teams to drive the price up for his client.
Great time to be an UFA defenseman: Red Wings sign Jonathan Ericsson to three-year, $9.75 million deal
Jun 30, 2011, 11:33 PM EDT
Jonathan Ericsson and the Detroit Red Wings agreed to a 3-year, $9.75 million contract a day before the defenseman was set to become an unrestricted free agent. Did the Red Wings overpay?
Jun 30, 2011, 8:47 PM EDT
The Flyers announced on Thursday that they will not extend an offer sheet to Steven Stamkos on Friday. Now all the Lightning need to do is sign the 21-year-old sniper before someone else thinks about an offer sheet.
Jun 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Gabriel Landeskog of the Colorado Avalanche, Adam Larsson of the New Jersey Devils, and Mika Zibanejad of the Ottawa Senators all have a great job to contribute to their NHL teams this season as 18-year-olds.
Jun 28, 2011, 2:36 PM EDT
Despite being one of the most important players in Los Angeles Kings history and impressive career statistics, Rogie Vachon has repeatedly been snubbed by the Hall of Fame.
Jun 27, 2011, 4:05 AM EDT
Four days after being traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets, Jeff Carter is still angry and has not spoken to the media. Thankfully for fans in Columbus, he’s mad at the Flyers and not the Blue Jackets.
Jun 27, 2011, 2:38 AM EDT
Despite their small stature on the ice, these five draft picks continue to defy the critics as they all heard their named called on draft weekend.
Jun 26, 2011, 11:23 PM EDT
With the trade for Brian Campbell, the Florida Panthers have officially shifted gears from NHL “sellers” to aggressive “buyers” on the free agent market.
Jun 26, 2011, 8:23 PM EDT
Brayden Schenn, Sean Couturier, and Jakub Voracek are all excited for their opportunities with their new team.
Jun 26, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The Maple Leafs can finally close the book on the Phil Kessel trade. All that’s left is watching the Bruins blue chip prospects develop into productive NHLers.
Jun 25, 2011, 6:21 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings and Edmonton Oilers have been trying to work out a trade with Ryan Smyth for days– and apparently there’s STILL no trade in place.
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 1
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 4
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 19
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 43
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 75
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte
- Play Video: Highlights: Kings beat Sharks, take series lead
- Play Video: Brown takes out goalie Niemi
- Play Video: Demers commits reckless penalty
- Play Video: Demers slashes Doughty, but no call made
- Play Video: Niemi robs Carter to preserve tie
- Play Video: Highlights: Wings take 3-1 series lead over 'Hawks