Archives › Matt Reitz
Jul 21, 2011, 12:00 AM EDT
James Wisniewski and Jeff Carter finally met with the media in Columbus. The next step: bringing the playoffs back to Columbus.
Jul 20, 2011, 10:14 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks take a flyer on former 8th oveall pick Mark Bell. Bell, who has played the last two seasons in the Swiss League, looks to resurrect his career after a 2006 auto accident and DUI charge.
Jul 20, 2011, 8:57 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres fans are renewing season-tickets at a highest rate in franchise history. With 99% of the ticket holders renewing for next season, have hopes (and expectations) ever been higher in Buffalo?
Jul 20, 2011, 7:45 PM EDT
The Blackhawks exercised their “walk-away” rights after Chris Campoli’s arbitration hearing making him an unrestricted free agent. So what is next for the defenseman without a home?
Jul 15, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
The Sprint Center in Kansas City still sits waiting for a permanent NHL tenant. But do city officials even want an NHL (or NBA) team for the arena anymore?
Jul 15, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Erik Cole braved the Montreal media for the first time and did his best to win over fans and reporters by saying, “I am proud to play for a team that has such passionate fans…” in French.
Jul 15, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Steve Sullivan was excited to get a call from the Pittsburgh Penguins on July 1st. He says his #1 priority was to win the Stanley Cup and his #1 team was the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Jul 15, 2011, 2:15 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets announced that they’re putting the finishing touches on their new logo– but they won’t be unveiling it anytime soon. Yes, really.
Jul 15, 2011, 1:11 AM EDT
Sidney Crosby’s agent confirms that the Penguins’ star center has resumed on-ice workouts in hopes of returning for training camp in September. The on-ice workouts are the first since he experienced headaches since last April.
Jul 14, 2011, 11:42 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils wasted no time finding an enforcer to replaced the recently traded Pierre-Luc Letorneau-Leblond. Cam Janssen, the fighting ring is all yours.
Jul 14, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
Mike Duco will have a little explaining to do about his recent tweets when he joins his new team in Vancouver. The Sedins and Roberto Luongo may have a few issues with his tendency to tweet with such honesty.
Jul 14, 2011, 9:05 PM EDT
Lou Lamoriello and the New Jersey Devils are still looking for a head coach. But one thing’s for sure, it won’t be Jacques Lemaire.
Jul 14, 2011, 7:51 PM EDT
Adam McQuaid and the Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins have already agreed to a three-year contract extension that will keep him in New England until 2015. Well that didn’t take long.
Jul 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators locked-up 6th overall pick Mika Zibanejad to a three-year entry-level deal. The next question: will he make the team next season?
Jul 14, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
As the vote for a new arena on Long Island approaches, a few members of the New York Rangers organization have spoken out to lend their support for the Islanders and their fans.
Jul 14, 2011, 5:00 AM EDT
Chris Pronger is still about three weeks away from being cleared to seriously train for next season. Now there’s word that he may miss the beginning of training camp as well…
Jul 14, 2011, 12:43 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche add another marginal defenseman into the fold by signing Shane O’Brien to a one-year deal. But where will he fit in?
Jul 13, 2011, 11:02 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators unveiled their newest home jersey to their fanbase at tonight’s Skate of the Union event.
Jul 13, 2011, 9:27 PM EDT
After battling ankle and hip injuries last season, Columbus Blue Jackets forward Kristian Huselius has torn a pectoral muscle and will miss 4-6 months.
Jul 13, 2011, 7:41 PM EDT
The Kings have asked Dustin Penner to show more commitment over the off-season to prove he can be the dominant player they traded for at the deadline. A few months into the off-season, the big power forward has shown that he wants to prove the critics wrong.
Jul 9, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
PK Subban recently joined former Montreal Canadien Georges Laraque on a recent trip to Haiti to see the earthquake ravaged country for himself.
Jul 9, 2011, 1:26 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this before: Matthew Hulsizer is looking to buy an NHL team. But instead of the Phoenix Coyotes, this time it’s the St. Louis Blues on the market…
Kings GM Dean Lombardi: “Would have rather invested my money with Bernie Madoff than invest in Edmonton’s word”
Jul 8, 2011, 11:02 PM EDT
Kings GM Dean Lombardi goes off on the Edmonton Oilers and the trust issues after not one, but two devious moves. At least, that’s HIS side of the story.
Jul 8, 2011, 9:17 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks continued to fill out their roster for the 2011-12 season by signing free agents Benn Ferriero and Ben Guite on Friday evening.
Jul 8, 2011, 7:53 PM EDT
Zach Parise tells the Star Ledger that he would be open to a one-year contract for next season so the two sides could avoid an arbitration hearing.
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 0
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 10
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 29
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 91
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 35
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 99
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 31
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games