Dec 2, 2010, 6:09 PM EDT
If the reports are right, Marc Savard will be in the Boston lineup for the first time this year.
Dec 2, 2010, 5:46 PM EDT
The long-awaited decision on Brayden Schenn’s future has been made and he’s heading back to junior hockey.
Dec 2, 2010, 5:16 PM EDT
Here’s the happenings going on tonight around the NHL. For the first time in a long time, all eyes are on Ottawa.
Dec 2, 2010, 4:11 PM EDT
Good news today for the family of Pat Burns concerning the robbery of Burns’ personal items after his funeral.
Dec 2, 2010, 3:39 PM EDT
And the NHL’s rookie of the month for November is… Flyers goalie Sergei Bobrovsky.
Dec 2, 2010, 2:56 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have assured themselves freedom under the salary cap by dealing Marco Sturm to Los Angeles for a conditional draft pick.
Dec 2, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Peter Mueller has missed the early part of this season dealing with post-concussion syndrome. As it turns out, his progress isn’t going so well.
Dec 2, 2010, 11:48 AM EDT
Dany Heatley makes his first return to Ottawa since demanding his way out of town before last season. One year of pent up frustration should make for quite the scene in Canada’s capital city.
Dec 2, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Save of the night comes courtesy of Minnesota’s Jose Theodore who slams the door and then some on Phoenix’s Ray Whitney.
Dec 2, 2010, 9:55 AM EDT
You gotta love it when the goal of the night is one of those backbreaking goals, right? All right, Montreal fans will wildly disagree on this one.
Dec 2, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
To get psyched up for the 2011 Winter Classic HBO is here to help by giving us a sneak preview of 24/7 Penguins/Capitals Road To The Winter Classic.
Dec 2, 2010, 3:53 AM EDT
Take a ride on the Zamboni where Tim Thomas shuts you out, the Habs gag on a lead, and the Canucks unload on Calgary.
Dec 1, 2010, 10:38 PM EDT
Bruins fans might wince at seeing the score, but Tim Thomas’s fifth shutout makes the bad thoughts go away.
Dec 1, 2010, 8:29 PM EDT
At the very least, Leafs fans can take solace in knowing that their team is number one in overall franchise value.
Nov 30, 2010, 5:54 PM EDT
The power is back on in San Jose. Wayne and Garth say, “Game on!”
Nov 30, 2010, 4:57 PM EDT
If the Sharks want to have some fun, they’ll wear their black third jerseys just in case they end up playing tonight’s game. That is if it even gets played thanks to a power outage.
Nov 30, 2010, 4:34 PM EDT
Roster choices await the Flyers now with Michael Leighton on his way back after back surgery.
Nov 30, 2010, 2:44 PM EDT
After missing 112 of the Wild’s last 113 games due to concussion problems, Pierre-Marc Bouchard is set to return to action.
Nov 30, 2010, 2:17 PM EDT
If you haven’t lost your faith in humanity yet, this story might just be the one that does it.
Nov 30, 2010, 1:57 PM EDT
The Blackhawks lose one of their top scorers thanks to a collision with a teammate in practice. D’oh!
Nov 30, 2010, 1:16 PM EDT
Leafs president and CEO is calling it quits at the end of 2011.
Nov 30, 2010, 12:59 PM EDT
The Capitals make a move to shore up their defense and part ways with a frustrating potential star to do so.
Nov 30, 2010, 11:39 AM EDT
The Sabres are denying a report this morning saying the team is on the verge of being sold.
Nov 30, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
A flash of the glove, a look to the heavens… Jonas Hiller’s stop on Anze Kopitar is a thing of beauty.
Nov 30, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
A playoff rematch and an old rivalry renewed sets the tone for the night’s action in the NHL.
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 9
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 10
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)