Dec 30, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
Last night was just Rick DiPietro’s night and the Penguins were just living in it. Kris Letang got a first-hand taste of it on a penalty shot in the third period.
Dec 30, 2010, 2:53 AM EDT
It wasn’t just a bad night for Sid and the Pens, it was a bad night for the Stars as well. Come… Ride the Zamboni.
Dec 30, 2010, 12:02 AM EDT
Know who else is ready for the Winter Classic? The federal government is.
Dec 29, 2010, 10:28 PM EDT
An all round night of surprises as the Islanders beat the Penguins in a shootout and stop Sidney Crosby’s point streak at 25 games.
Dec 29, 2010, 8:10 PM EDT
Trevor Daley’s contract extension is rather curious in that Dallas still doesn’t have a new owner.
Dec 29, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
The Blackhawks played all of one game with all of their stars together on the ice. Now they’ll be without captain Jonathan Toews for two weeks.
Dec 29, 2010, 4:57 PM EDT
Right when you think you’ve figured out how the NHL doles out suspensions, think again.
Dec 27, 2010, 6:24 PM EDT
Jordin Tootoo will be taking a break from hockey to get some personal matters squared away.
Dec 27, 2010, 5:46 PM EDT
It’s a busy Monday in the NHL, here’s the previews you’ll need to get ready for tonight’s action.
Dec 27, 2010, 4:39 PM EDT
If you’re nervous about what the NHL will do about the Winter Classic should the weather turn poor, fear not, they’ve got a plan.
Dec 27, 2010, 3:56 PM EDT
The Blackhawks will be back to virtual normal as soon as tomorrow Patrick Kane looks to return to action.
Dec 27, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
Sometimes team leaders will throw fists in order to fire up their team. In the case of Ilya Kovalchuk and Dion Phaneuf, perhaps next time they’ll just have a stern argument with each other.
Dec 27, 2010, 1:04 PM EDT
What does a struggling team need badly? To lose their top centerman for six weeks with a shoulder injury.
Dec 27, 2010, 12:31 PM EDT
Getting the Islanders out of the NHL basement and playing out of your mind makes Dwayne Roloson the NHL’s top star of the week.
Dec 27, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Marc-Andre Fleury managed to stop Nick Foligno twice on breakaway attempts, once via review and the other on a penalty shot.
Dec 27, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
Kevin Bieksa’s timely goal late in the third period gave Vancouver the comeback win over Edmonton.
Dec 27, 2010, 5:54 AM EDT
Hop on the Zamboni and take your new toys for a spin for the fully loaded post-Christmas schedule.
Dec 27, 2010, 1:42 AM EDT
Day one of the 2011 World Junior Championships is over and Canada and the United States got off to victorious, albeit different, starts.
Dec 26, 2010, 11:39 PM EDT
The injuries are starting to mount once again for Detroit. Dan Cleary is out indefinitely after breaking his ankle against Minnesota.
Dec 26, 2010, 10:47 PM EDT
With a state of emergency declared in New Jersey due to the blizzard on the east coast, did the NHL make a mistake having the Devils play tonight?
Dec 26, 2010, 7:36 PM EDT
The Islanders wanted to postpone tonight’s game against Montreal because of the blizzard hitting the northeast. The NHL didn’t agree with that.
Dec 26, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
Turns out the Bruins catch a break thanks to the league office not suspending Milan Lucic for his match penalty against the Thrashers.
Dec 25, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
We here at ProHockeyTalk want to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas… And to not pound the fruit cake because there’s a bag skate at the shopping mall on Sunday.
Dec 24, 2010, 6:09 PM EDT
University of Wisconsin’s John Ramage was named captain of Team USA and will lead them into battle against the world at the World Junior Championships in Buffalo.
Dec 24, 2010, 2:37 PM EDT
Milan Lucic might be getting an extension on his mandatory suspension from the NHL for his match penalty sucker punch on Atlanta’s Freddy Meyer.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)