Dec 30, 2010, 9:15 AM EST
Last night was just Rick DiPietro’s night and the Penguins were just living in it. Kris Letang got a first-hand taste of it on a penalty shot in the third period.
Dec 30, 2010, 2:53 AM EST
It wasn’t just a bad night for Sid and the Pens, it was a bad night for the Stars as well. Come… Ride the Zamboni.
Dec 30, 2010, 12:02 AM EST
Know who else is ready for the Winter Classic? The federal government is.
Dec 29, 2010, 10:28 PM EST
An all round night of surprises as the Islanders beat the Penguins in a shootout and stop Sidney Crosby’s point streak at 25 games.
Dec 29, 2010, 8:10 PM EST
Trevor Daley’s contract extension is rather curious in that Dallas still doesn’t have a new owner.
Dec 29, 2010, 5:57 PM EST
The Blackhawks played all of one game with all of their stars together on the ice. Now they’ll be without captain Jonathan Toews for two weeks.
Dec 29, 2010, 4:57 PM EST
Right when you think you’ve figured out how the NHL doles out suspensions, think again.
Dec 27, 2010, 6:24 PM EST
Jordin Tootoo will be taking a break from hockey to get some personal matters squared away.
Dec 27, 2010, 5:46 PM EST
It’s a busy Monday in the NHL, here’s the previews you’ll need to get ready for tonight’s action.
Dec 27, 2010, 4:39 PM EST
If you’re nervous about what the NHL will do about the Winter Classic should the weather turn poor, fear not, they’ve got a plan.
Dec 27, 2010, 3:56 PM EST
The Blackhawks will be back to virtual normal as soon as tomorrow Patrick Kane looks to return to action.
Dec 27, 2010, 1:55 PM EST
Sometimes team leaders will throw fists in order to fire up their team. In the case of Ilya Kovalchuk and Dion Phaneuf, perhaps next time they’ll just have a stern argument with each other.
Dec 27, 2010, 1:04 PM EST
What does a struggling team need badly? To lose their top centerman for six weeks with a shoulder injury.
Dec 27, 2010, 12:31 PM EST
Getting the Islanders out of the NHL basement and playing out of your mind makes Dwayne Roloson the NHL’s top star of the week.
Dec 27, 2010, 10:15 AM EST
Marc-Andre Fleury managed to stop Nick Foligno twice on breakaway attempts, once via review and the other on a penalty shot.
Dec 27, 2010, 9:15 AM EST
Kevin Bieksa’s timely goal late in the third period gave Vancouver the comeback win over Edmonton.
Dec 27, 2010, 5:54 AM EST
Hop on the Zamboni and take your new toys for a spin for the fully loaded post-Christmas schedule.
Dec 27, 2010, 1:42 AM EST
Day one of the 2011 World Junior Championships is over and Canada and the United States got off to victorious, albeit different, starts.
Dec 26, 2010, 11:39 PM EST
The injuries are starting to mount once again for Detroit. Dan Cleary is out indefinitely after breaking his ankle against Minnesota.
Dec 26, 2010, 10:47 PM EST
With a state of emergency declared in New Jersey due to the blizzard on the east coast, did the NHL make a mistake having the Devils play tonight?
Dec 26, 2010, 7:36 PM EST
The Islanders wanted to postpone tonight’s game against Montreal because of the blizzard hitting the northeast. The NHL didn’t agree with that.
Dec 26, 2010, 12:50 PM EST
Turns out the Bruins catch a break thanks to the league office not suspending Milan Lucic for his match penalty against the Thrashers.
Dec 25, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
We here at ProHockeyTalk want to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas… And to not pound the fruit cake because there’s a bag skate at the shopping mall on Sunday.
Dec 24, 2010, 6:09 PM EST
University of Wisconsin’s John Ramage was named captain of Team USA and will lead them into battle against the world at the World Junior Championships in Buffalo.
Dec 24, 2010, 2:37 PM EST
Milan Lucic might be getting an extension on his mandatory suspension from the NHL for his match penalty sucker punch on Atlanta’s Freddy Meyer.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)