Jan 6, 2011, 9:00 PM EST
With Andrei Markov already out of the Habs lineup, now they’ll have to do without defensive stalwart Josh Gorges who will miss the rest of the season after knee surgery.
Jan 6, 2011, 7:41 PM EST
Jamie Langenbrunner is a healthy scratch tonight and according to some, his equipment isn’t even in New Jersey leading to trade speculation. Time to let your imaginations run wild.
Jan 6, 2011, 5:12 PM EST
HBO’s final episode of 24/7 leaves us wanting more but thankful that we were brought along for the ride in the first place.
Jan 5, 2011, 6:46 PM EST
It’s not the medal the USA was hoping for, but it’s a reward just the same for success in a tough tournament as the USA takes home the bronze over Sweden.
Jan 5, 2011, 6:06 PM EST
Looking for the inside information on who’s in goal tonight? We’ve got it for you.
Jan 5, 2011, 5:36 PM EST
There’s just six games tonight, but one is a showdown for the top spot in the Eastern Conference between Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay. Let’s take a look Around The Rink.
Jan 5, 2011, 4:27 PM EST
While the Flyers are dealing with defensive worries lately, a key member of that unit is working on getting back to action now.
Jan 5, 2011, 3:28 PM EST
With the Senators struggling and laying an egg against the Maple Leafs on Saturday, the heat is being turned up on coach Cory Clouston.
Jan 5, 2011, 2:44 PM EST
Ryan Getzlaf’s gruesome nasal fracture injury will officially have him on the shelf for 4-6 weeks.
Jan 5, 2011, 12:22 PM EST
If you’ve been wondering what’s up with Mike Commodore’s playing time, so has he and that’s why he reportedly wants out of Columbus.
Jan 5, 2011, 11:18 AM EST
After “Boots” Del Biaggio nearly put the Predators in a inescapable financial hole, they’ve made a deal to turn around a franchise that very nearly was forced to leave Music City, USA.
Jan 5, 2011, 10:05 AM EST
The Colorado Avalanche have a lot to thank Tyler Ennis for in the Avs victory. Sadly, for the Buffalo Sabres, Ennis plays for them.
Jan 5, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Remember Kris Draper? Sure you do and now the Edmonton Oilers do as well after the cagey veteran deked them out of their shorts.
Jan 5, 2011, 2:32 AM EST
Hop on the Zamboni to see Rollie the goalie shine, the Devils ride the failboat, and Todd Bertuzzi power through Edmonton.
Jan 5, 2011, 12:36 AM EST
Dwayne Roloson is an impact player? So far, so good as he gets a shutout in his first start with the Lightning.
Jan 4, 2011, 11:14 PM EST
Clayton Stoner’s first career NHL goal isn’t exactly highlight reel stuff, but considering the Wild’s opponent tonight, it’s not really a huge surprise that it happened that way.
NHL will not discipline David Steckel for his Winter Classic hit on Sidney Crosby; Crosby not amused
Jan 4, 2011, 9:22 PM EST
Washington’s David Steckel won’t be punished for his iffy hit on Sidney Crosby and Sid doesn’t seem too pleased with that.
Jan 4, 2011, 7:00 PM EST
NHL on NBC’s Mike Milbury answers five big questions this week including his thoughts on Alex Ovechkin and the Capitals from the Winter Classic.
Jan 3, 2011, 6:01 PM EST
A pair of marquee match-ups highlight the schedule with Chicago going to L.A. and Boston facing Toronto to renew their hateful rivalry.
Jan 3, 2011, 4:38 PM EST
Martin Brodeur is apparently open to splitting starting duties with Johan Hedberg in New Jersey. Is this the beginning of the end for an NHL all-time great?
Jan 3, 2011, 1:59 PM EST
Jonathan Toews makes his return to the Chicago lineup tonight when they take on the Kings.
Jan 3, 2011, 1:33 PM EST
What else does a goalie who shined in the Winter Classic need to make his week even better? Being named the NHL’s number one star probably works.
Jan 3, 2011, 12:35 PM EST
How do you thank a goalie for taking you to the Stanley Cup finals just last season? You waive him, of course.
Jan 3, 2011, 11:02 AM EST
As a rookie this year, Deryk Engelland has been able to knock out some of the league’s top fighters, and the Penguins are rewarding him for it with a contract extension.
Jan 3, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Sometimes when you’re watching Evander Kane play hockey, it looks like he’s playing flying the seat of his pants. It makes sense that he’d score a goal from that position.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 94
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (95)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)