Jan 19, 2011, 3:27 PM EST
NBC’s Mike Milbury gives us his take on whether or not Rule 48 is doing its job, whether the Oilers have any blame over Ales Hemsky’s concussion, and how Daniel Briere’s fine is a sign of how soft the NHL has gotten.
Jan 19, 2011, 2:25 PM EST
Evgeni Malkin will miss tomorrow’s game against New Jersey with an injury. As if the Penguins needed things to be any tougher to score.
Jan 19, 2011, 1:20 PM EST
Jarome Iginla is asking out of the All-Star Game to be with his ailing grandmother. Daniel Briere… Come on down.
Jan 19, 2011, 11:47 AM EST
One of the key Islanders that has yet to see the ice this season makes his return tomorrow. The Islanders could use a spark from Kyle Okposo.
Jan 19, 2011, 10:45 AM EST
Shootouts aren’t always about the creative ways goals get scored. Columbus’ Mathieu Garon goes to show goalies can have some swagger too.
Jan 19, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
With a light night ahead and just three games on the schedule, our look around the rink will make for a short trip highlighted by an Original Six showdown in New York.
Jan 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Corey Perry’s goal last night makes us think he’d make for one hell of a Twister player. Check out the video and see for yourself.
Jan 19, 2011, 3:07 AM EST
Edmonton’s Ales Hemsky was knocked out of tonight’s game against Minnesota with a concussion. Did the Oilers
Jan 19, 2011, 2:39 AM EST
With a busy night ahead, we see how the Caps came up short against Philly, an impressive overtime win for Colorado, and another Vezina highlight reel for Boston’s Tim Thomas.
Jan 18, 2011, 10:35 PM EST
After what’s been a solid debut season in the NHL, the Penguins are rewarding Mark Letestu with a contract extension.
Jan 18, 2011, 9:30 PM EST
Montreal will feel fortunate to get out of Buffalo alive after seeing four players felled by injuries tonight.
Jan 18, 2011, 7:55 PM EST
Blackhawks forward Jack Skille isn’t winning any friends this weekend in Chicago as he’s rooting for his home-state Green Bay Packers over the Chicago Bears in the NFC Championship.
Jan 18, 2011, 7:05 PM EST
Here’s your late rundown of who’s in goal tonight around the NHL. The final four games of the night are here.
Jan 17, 2011, 6:30 PM EST
Want to see what it looks like when a 6’9″ defenseman gets a hat trick? Of course you do.
Jan 17, 2011, 5:39 PM EST
Some days you’ve just got it. Today, the Bruins had it in spades winning 7-0 over Carolina.
Jan 17, 2011, 4:43 PM EST
Flyers defensive stud Chris Pronger is practicing harder and may be back in the lineup by Thursday if all goes well.
Jan 17, 2011, 3:19 PM EST
Atlanta will be without backup goalie Chris Mason for an undetermined length of time thanks to a knee injury.
Jan 17, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Everyone wants some Juice and Jussi Jokinen delivered as the NHL’s top star of the week.
Jan 17, 2011, 12:14 PM EST
With a handful of afternoon games today, here’s a look at who’s in goal for the early games.
Jan 17, 2011, 11:44 AM EST
The long awaited signing of Kyle Wellwood has gone down. Now the Blues wait to see if they get sniped on waivers again.
Jan 17, 2011, 10:45 AM EST
If you think Nikolai Khabibulin’s save on Saku Koivu is nice, defenseman Jeff Petry might’ve one-upped him.
Jan 17, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
It’s a holiday Monday as we honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and that means we’ve got some afternoon hockey to watch. Here’s the look around the rink.
Jan 17, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
If you think the Chicago Bulls are the only team that can work the crossover in Chicago, Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland has a trick he’d like to show you.
Jan 17, 2011, 3:47 AM EST
Rangers falling short, Blackhawks rallying, Selanne hits a milestone, and a goalie fans are calling “Borat” pitching a shutout. Very nice!
Jan 17, 2011, 1:14 AM EST
With the Rangers offense sputtering of late and Marian Gaborik struggling to score goals, seeing Gaborik get benched in a 3-2 loss is one heck of a message to send to the star winger.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 10
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 5
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 39
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)