Jan 19, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
NBC’s Mike Milbury gives us his take on whether or not Rule 48 is doing its job, whether the Oilers have any blame over Ales Hemsky’s concussion, and how Daniel Briere’s fine is a sign of how soft the NHL has gotten.
Jan 19, 2011, 2:25 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin will miss tomorrow’s game against New Jersey with an injury. As if the Penguins needed things to be any tougher to score.
Jan 19, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Jarome Iginla is asking out of the All-Star Game to be with his ailing grandmother. Daniel Briere… Come on down.
Jan 19, 2011, 11:47 AM EDT
One of the key Islanders that has yet to see the ice this season makes his return tomorrow. The Islanders could use a spark from Kyle Okposo.
Jan 19, 2011, 10:45 AM EDT
Shootouts aren’t always about the creative ways goals get scored. Columbus’ Mathieu Garon goes to show goalies can have some swagger too.
Jan 19, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
With a light night ahead and just three games on the schedule, our look around the rink will make for a short trip highlighted by an Original Six showdown in New York.
Jan 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Corey Perry’s goal last night makes us think he’d make for one hell of a Twister player. Check out the video and see for yourself.
Jan 19, 2011, 3:07 AM EDT
Edmonton’s Ales Hemsky was knocked out of tonight’s game against Minnesota with a concussion. Did the Oilers
Jan 19, 2011, 2:39 AM EDT
With a busy night ahead, we see how the Caps came up short against Philly, an impressive overtime win for Colorado, and another Vezina highlight reel for Boston’s Tim Thomas.
Jan 18, 2011, 10:35 PM EDT
After what’s been a solid debut season in the NHL, the Penguins are rewarding Mark Letestu with a contract extension.
Jan 18, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
Montreal will feel fortunate to get out of Buffalo alive after seeing four players felled by injuries tonight.
Jan 18, 2011, 7:55 PM EDT
Blackhawks forward Jack Skille isn’t winning any friends this weekend in Chicago as he’s rooting for his home-state Green Bay Packers over the Chicago Bears in the NFC Championship.
Jan 18, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
Here’s your late rundown of who’s in goal tonight around the NHL. The final four games of the night are here.
Jan 17, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
Want to see what it looks like when a 6’9″ defenseman gets a hat trick? Of course you do.
Jan 17, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
Some days you’ve just got it. Today, the Bruins had it in spades winning 7-0 over Carolina.
Jan 17, 2011, 4:43 PM EDT
Flyers defensive stud Chris Pronger is practicing harder and may be back in the lineup by Thursday if all goes well.
Jan 17, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
Atlanta will be without backup goalie Chris Mason for an undetermined length of time thanks to a knee injury.
Jan 17, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Everyone wants some Juice and Jussi Jokinen delivered as the NHL’s top star of the week.
Jan 17, 2011, 12:14 PM EDT
With a handful of afternoon games today, here’s a look at who’s in goal for the early games.
Jan 17, 2011, 11:44 AM EDT
The long awaited signing of Kyle Wellwood has gone down. Now the Blues wait to see if they get sniped on waivers again.
Jan 17, 2011, 10:45 AM EDT
If you think Nikolai Khabibulin’s save on Saku Koivu is nice, defenseman Jeff Petry might’ve one-upped him.
Jan 17, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
It’s a holiday Monday as we honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and that means we’ve got some afternoon hockey to watch. Here’s the look around the rink.
Jan 17, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
If you think the Chicago Bulls are the only team that can work the crossover in Chicago, Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland has a trick he’d like to show you.
Jan 17, 2011, 3:47 AM EDT
Rangers falling short, Blackhawks rallying, Selanne hits a milestone, and a goalie fans are calling “Borat” pitching a shutout. Very nice!
Jan 17, 2011, 1:14 AM EDT
With the Rangers offense sputtering of late and Marian Gaborik struggling to score goals, seeing Gaborik get benched in a 3-2 loss is one heck of a message to send to the star winger.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)