Jan 23, 2011, 1:28 AM EST
Has Alex Ovechkin finally snapped out of his goal slump this season? His hat trick tonight certainly helps make a case.
Jan 23, 2011, 12:34 AM EST
A report out tonight says Sidney Crosby will be skipping the All-Star Game after missing the last two weeks thanks to a concussion. So who takes his spot in the game?
Jan 22, 2011, 10:44 PM EST
On Koivu’s homecoming night in Montreal, Bobby Ryan wins it for Anaheim in the shootout while Koivu gets one last send off as the #2 star of the game.
Jan 22, 2011, 8:44 PM EST
Wondering what kind of reception former Habs captain Saku Koivu got tonight in Montreal as a member of the Anaheim Ducks? Check it out here.
Jan 22, 2011, 7:21 PM EST
Marc Savard left today’s game against Colorado with yet another head injury. Could concussion problems be revisiting the embattled star center?
Jan 21, 2011, 5:50 PM EST
Dean Lombardi’s apologized for what he said about Mike Murphy and now he’ll pay for it to the tune of $50,000.
Jan 21, 2011, 4:53 PM EST
Is it possible that Peter Forsberg is actually going to attempt one more comeback with the Avalanche? It might be.
Jan 21, 2011, 3:23 PM EST
After sleeping off the hangover of the Kings 2-0 loss to Phoenix, Kings GM Dean Lombardi feels bad about what he said after the game.
Jan 21, 2011, 2:39 PM EST
If you cooked up a possible theory for how the Red Wings could still get Evgeni Nabokov if he’s claimed on waivers, you’d better eliminate the Devils from your flowchart.
Jan 21, 2011, 12:37 PM EST
The Islanders lose another experienced blue line veteran for an extended amount of time. They’re getting a bit used to this by now.
Jan 21, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Check out the sweet moves by Nashville’s Colin Wilson to get around the Avalanche defense and put one past Craig Anderson.
Jan 21, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
The magic of photography captures something that neither the referees on the ice nor replay officials were able to see: Martin Hanzal’s high-sticking goal.
Jan 21, 2011, 9:45 AM EST
For a Friday night it’ll sure be quiet around the league. A little too quiet…
Jan 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Ryan Miller’s brilliance shone through again last night in robbing Boston’s Mark Recchi of a goal.
Jan 21, 2011, 6:42 AM EST
After a busy night around the NHL, Martin Brodeur earns another shutout, Buffalo stuns Boston, and the Kings continue to slide in the West.
Jan 21, 2011, 6:13 AM EST
Martin Hanzal’s controversial second period goal has Kings GM Dean Lombardi steaming mad about the Toronto war room reviewing the call.
Jan 20, 2011, 11:24 PM EST
After all the rumors today, the Red Wings have officially signed KHL-exiled goalie Evgeni Nabokov. Now they’ll wait out the waiver process to see if they keep him.
Jan 20, 2011, 10:00 PM EST
Calgary’s Curtis Glencross is fined for his boarding major against Minnesota’s Clayton Stoner. Minnesota fans aren’t exactly pleased with this turn of events.
Jan 20, 2011, 8:52 PM EST
Avalanche forward Tomas Fleischmann will miss the rest of the season with a pulmonary embolism.
Jan 20, 2011, 8:16 PM EST
After a tough separation during the 2009 off-season, former Habs captain Saku Koivu makes his return to Montreal as a member of the Anaheim Ducks.
Jan 20, 2011, 6:05 PM EST
You saw them on HBO’s 24/7, you saw them at the 2011 Winter Classic, and now you’ll see them on Super Bowl Sunday at 12:30 ET on NBC’s Game of the Week. It’s the Capitals and Penguins in Washington, D.C. to get your day full of sports kicked off the right way.
Jan 19, 2011, 6:43 PM EST
If reports are true, Montreal will be without Mike Cammalleri and Max Pacioretty for up to a month with separate injuries suffered against Buffalo last night.
Jan 19, 2011, 5:19 PM EST
Chris Pronger makes his triumphant return to a Flyers lineup that’s playing better than as it has all season.
Jan 19, 2011, 4:34 PM EST
The injury woes for the Rangers continue as top scorer Brandon Dubinsky will miss 3-4 weeks with a stress fracture in his left leg.
Jan 19, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
Jimmy Howard says he’s ready to play for Detroit after bruising his knee and his return comes not a moment too soon.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 14
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 32
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)