Jan 25, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Brad Richards pulled out the ultimate fake-out in order to beat Roberto Luongo.
Jan 25, 2011, 9:45 AM EDT
As the All-Star break approaches, teams gear up to have a few days off to recharge. Tonight though, Montreal and Philadelphia highlight the NHL schedule.
Jan 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
You guessed it, Tim Thomas of the Bruins gets our save of the night honors yet again.
Jan 25, 2011, 2:49 AM EDT
Hopping on the Zamboni tonight you’ll see Calgary streaking, the Kings shutting down Boston, and Carolina and Colorado edging it out.
Jan 25, 2011, 1:21 AM EDT
In a Western Conference showdown, the Canucks showed the Stars who the real power is out West with a dominating performance.
Jan 25, 2011, 12:20 AM EDT
Bad news for Sens fans? Owner Eugene Melnyk says that coach Cory Clouston and GM Bryan Murray will stay with the team the rest of the year.
Jan 24, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
The Capitals offense was once again missing in action, this time not getting shots on goal and losing 2-1 in a shootout with the Rangers.
Jan 24, 2011, 8:13 PM EDT
The news for Bruins star Marc Savard is not good tonight as he’s been diagnosed with another concussion after taking a hard hit against Colorado on Saturday.
Jan 24, 2011, 7:24 PM EDT
NHL on NBC’s Doc Emrick will be handling the play-by-play duties during All-Star Weekend for Versus and he talks to PHT about what he thinks of the new format for this year’s game.
Jan 23, 2011, 6:53 PM EDT
Peter Forsberg was on the ice yet again today in Denver and speculation is picking up he could play after the All-Star break.
Jan 23, 2011, 5:41 PM EDT
In the NHL on NBC post game report, Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire talk about the great season the Boston Bruins are having.
Jan 23, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
Check out Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury have it out over head shots in the league.
Jan 23, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
The Flyers showed why they’re the best in the Eastern Conference after humbling the defending champion Blackhawks 4-1 in Chicago.
Jan 23, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
The Flyers broke out in the second period taking a 1-0 lead after two periods.
Jan 23, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
At the end of one period there’s no score in NBC’s Game of the Week.
Jan 23, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
It’s a Stanley Cup rematch and we’ve got all the numbers you need to know and your link for NHL Extra to join us during the game to ask questions and get our thoughts on what’s going on on the ice.
Jan 23, 2011, 11:39 AM EDT
While the attention is focused on Chris Pronger and Daniel Briere for Philly’s success, it’s the rise of the Flyers youth that has moved them to the top of the Eastern Conference.
Jan 23, 2011, 11:04 AM EDT
During Chicago’s “Great Fire Sale” of 2010 in their Stanley Cup afterglow, Patrick Sharp was a hotly rumored player to be moved. Chicago stuck by him and they should be thankful they did.
Jan 23, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Sure, Alex Ovechkin gets the headlines for his hat trick but Braden Holtby was the real killer of the Leafs last night and this save on Tyler Bozak is a prime example.
Jan 23, 2011, 9:45 AM EDT
Could Ottawa be in the market to move struggling forward Mike Fisher? Sure, but who wants a guy dealing with the worst season of his career in the first place?
Jan 23, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Plenty of afternoon delight around the NHL today highlighted by NBC’s Game of the Week in a Stanley Cup finals rematch between the Flyers and Blackhawks in Chicago.
Jan 23, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Two more players are out for All-Star Weekend thanks to injuries. They’ll join Sidney Crosby on the sidelines for the featured event.
Jan 23, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Boston’s Patrice Bergeron makes scoring from one knee look both lucky and good. Colorado’s John-Michael Liles, on the other hand, would like a do-over.
Jan 23, 2011, 4:17 AM EDT
After a busy night in the NHL, let us give you the quick look around the league on the Zamboni. There you’ll see the Kings get one back against Phoenix, the Sharks win streak continuing on, and Calgary getting a questionable shootout win over Vancouver.
Jan 23, 2011, 3:59 AM EDT
Did he or didn’t he? Alex Tanguay got credit for a shootout goal on Roberto Luongo even though you don’t actually see or know where the puck is.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 4
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 6
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 14
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)