Feb 2, 2011, 4:25 AM EST
Hop on the Zamboni tonight to see the Sharks storm back to victory, the Bruins taking out Carolina, and a few too many shootouts for our liking.
Feb 2, 2011, 12:47 AM EST
Dwayne Roloson stops 38 shots in getting his fourth shutout of the year as the Lightning serve notice that they’re for real.
Feb 1, 2011, 11:54 PM EST
NBC’s Mike Milbury takes a look ahead at Sunday’s Game of the Week featuring a Winter Classic rematch and wondering whether or not Sidney Crosby will come back soon.
Feb 1, 2011, 9:44 PM EST
Pittsburgh’s Jordan Staal was kicked out of tonight’s game against the Rangers for sucker punching Brandon Prust. In related news, Prust is in the running for next year’s Academy Awards for embellishing the hit.
Feb 1, 2011, 8:53 PM EST
Mike Milbury talks about which teams might be buying and selling with the trade deadline coming up at the end of the month.
Feb 1, 2011, 8:11 PM EST
Making sense of the Devils sale news from earlier today, owner Jeff Vanderbeek is not the guy involved in things.
Feb 1, 2011, 2:17 PM EST
If you’re the type to knock on hockey being played in the south, the experience in Raleigh for All-Star weekend proved that those insults can start going away now.
Feb 1, 2011, 1:13 AM EST
While the Sabres are getting ready to announce Terry Pegula as their new owner, they seem to have forgotten to announce one other important bit of information back in the fall.
Jan 31, 2011, 11:10 PM EST
Kings star Anze Kopitar may not get all the offensive freedom he wants in L.A. but the All-Star Game gave him his chance to show off why he’s one of the most underrated scorers in the league.
Jan 31, 2011, 8:41 PM EST
The Rangers have had offensive struggles this season. Getting Vinny Prospal back in the lineup should help alleviate that.
Jan 30, 2011, 9:35 PM EST
Despite being on the losing side of things, Chicago’s Patrick Sharp took home the All-Star Game’s MVP award.
Jan 30, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
Picking an all-star team might be easy, but captain Nicklas Lidstrom is proud of his team and the format of the game.
Jan 30, 2011, 6:18 PM EST
After two periods, Team Lidstrom storms back to take a 7-6 lead over Team Staal as Carey Price and Jonas Hiller steal the spotlight.
Jan 30, 2011, 5:12 PM EST
Team Staal and Team Lidstrom are tied at four after the first period of the 2011 NHL All-Star Game.
Jan 30, 2011, 3:48 PM EST
The NHL All-Star Game kicks off at 4 p.m. here’s a few things to keep an eye out for in today’s game.
Jan 29, 2011, 9:54 PM EST
Team Staal took home the elimination shootout as Anaheim’s Corey Perry was the last man standing. Team Staal went on to win tonight’s NHL SuperSkills 33-22 over Team Lidstrom.
Jan 29, 2011, 8:54 PM EST
Team Lidstrom took home the title in the skills challenge relay thanks to Jonathan Toews acing the accuracy shootout portion of the relay.
Jan 29, 2011, 8:10 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin took home the title in the Breakaway Challenge winning the NHL’s version of the slam dunk contest with a pool cue-like shot from his knees.
Jan 29, 2011, 7:37 PM EST
Concussion-addled Penguins captain Sidney Crosby is cleared to resume skating for the Penguins.
Jan 29, 2011, 6:16 PM EST
The tailgating in Carolina is an often understated but instantly legendary aspect of hockey in the south. Let the photos take you away. Sorry, smells not included.
Jan 29, 2011, 5:37 PM EST
Can Team Staal’s Zdeno Chara take home his fourth straight hardest shot competition? Not if Team Lidstrom’s Shea Weber and Dustin Byfuglien have anything to say about it.
Jan 29, 2011, 1:05 PM EST
Curious as to what’s going on around Raleigh? Here’s some of the sights around the Fan Fair. Warning, mascots ahead.
Jan 29, 2011, 11:23 AM EST
Last night’s All-Star Fantasy Draft provided lots of fun for the fans and players alike and it shows.
Jan 28, 2011, 5:03 PM EST
The NHL All-Star Game marks a historic moment in broadcasting for the new NBCUniversal.
Jan 27, 2011, 6:47 PM EST
NBC’s Game of the Week for February 13th shapes up to be a classic between two Original Six teams as the Bruins visit the Red Wings.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)