Feb 7, 2011, 11:11 AM EDT
Ray Emery has found a new NHL home after coming back from hip problems and he’ll call Orange County, California home just so long as he isn’t claimed on waivers.
Feb 7, 2011, 10:42 AM EDT
How hard is life as a goalie? Just ask Ty Conklin about what it takes to try and keep your team in the game in overtime.
Feb 7, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
How good is Ilya Kovalchuk on some nights? He can score goals without even putting them in the net.
Feb 7, 2011, 8:35 AM EDT
It doesn’t come as a surprise but it’s sad to hear just the same. The Bruins plan on shutting down concussion-addled star center Marc Savard for the rest of the season.
Feb 7, 2011, 12:12 AM EDT
We know that times in Toronto have been tough this season, but Leafs All-Star forward Phil Kessel is sounding off on coach Ron Wilson. Uh oh…
Feb 6, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury discuss how long the Penguins can go without their captain Sidney Crosby.
Feb 6, 2011, 4:38 PM EDT
Wondering what Alex Ovechkin was up to during today’s 3-0 Caps win over the Penguins? You can see for yourself with NBC’s Star Cam.
Feb 6, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Did you miss out on the Caps beating the Penguins today? Don’t worry we’ve got all the goals from their 3-0 win over Pittsburgh.
Feb 6, 2011, 3:41 PM EDT
The Caps playoff problems are well known by now and defenseman Mike Green addresses those problems while Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury talks about what they can do to get past it.
Feb 6, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
Wondering how the Penguins are holding up without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin? NBC takes a look at their team toughness.
Feb 6, 2011, 2:31 PM EDT
Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury discuss the rise in fighting in the NHL between periods during NBC’s Game of the Week.
Feb 6, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
Looking to see who’s starting today’s other two afternoon starts? We’ve got you covered.
Feb 6, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
How do the Penguins and Capitals stack up with each other going into today’s game? We break it down for you by the numbers and give you your hookup to join us for NHL Extra during the game.
Feb 6, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
While we know about how the Caps offense has struggled to get things done this year, their goaltending has been the unsung hero of the season.
Feb 5, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
The Caps and Penguins are both bubbling over with success of late and considering how both teams were filled with superstars, injuries aren’t slowing the Pens down while the Caps stars are finally showing up.
Feb 5, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
Three afternoon games bring out three shutouts courtesy of the Sharks, Canadiens, and Ducks.
Feb 5, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
Wondering how long exactly Evgeni Malkin will be out of action? Some reports are saying it’ll be at least six months.
Feb 5, 2011, 3:38 PM EDT
You thought Zdeno Chara’s slap shot at the All-Star Game was impressive? Denis Kulyash of the KHL laughs at his meager 105.9 mph shot.
Feb 5, 2011, 1:39 PM EDT
The Predators will look to score more than three goals for the first time in a while and will get Steve Sullivan back tonight to help them do it.
Feb 5, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
The Penguins season took a terrible turn today with news of star forward Evgeni Malkin tearing both the MCL and ACL in his right knee. He’s done for the year.
Feb 5, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Wondering who’s in net for this afternoon’s three matinée games? We’ve got you covered.
Feb 5, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
You won’t see a better set of passes and a goal unless you’re playing against the computer on the hardest level in NHL 11. Check out what the Canucks do on Henrik Sedin’s power play goal against Chicago.
Feb 5, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Some afternoon delight, some evening good times ahead in the NHL tonight including an early afternoon tilt between two hot teams in San Jose and Boston.
Feb 5, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
It was a surprise start for St. Louis’ Ty Conklin, but he showed no signs of rust in stopping Magnus Paajarvi of Edmonton.
Feb 5, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Finding openly gay pro athletes might be difficult, but if there’s a hockey player that’s afraid of coming out, Sean Avery wants them to know he’s ready to support them for doing it.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 0
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 12
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 65
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)