Mar 1, 2011, 2:31 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews’ big month of February helping the Blackhawks get back in the playoff hunt was good enough to make him the NHL’s number one star for February.
Mar 1, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Antti Niemi has proven himself to be San Jose’s #1 goalie and now he’ll be paid like one for the next four years.
Florida Panthers president Michael Yormark steps in it knee-deep lashing out at beat writer George Richards
Mar 1, 2011, 10:54 AM EDT
Panthers president Michael Yormark took to Twitter last night to fire a pot shot across the bow of Panthers beat writer George Richards. It’s what happens when keeping it real goes wrong.
Mar 1, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Pavel Datsyuk makes scoring look so easy sometimes it’s not fair.
Mar 1, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Rob Base sang “It takes two to make a thing go right.” It’s almost as if he had Duncan Keith and Corey Crawford in mind for our save of the night.
Mar 1, 2011, 1:59 AM EDT
While the Kings may have won trade deadline day by acquiring Dustin Penner, they lost their game tonight against Detroit in flamboyant fashion 7-4.
Mar 1, 2011, 12:52 AM EDT
Look out for Chicago. The Blackhawks win streak is up to five after knocking off fellow playoff threat Minnesota 4-2.
Feb 28, 2011, 9:27 PM EDT
Who came away the big winners on trade deadline day? We pick who we think came out on top after a not-so exciting deadline day.
Feb 28, 2011, 6:31 PM EDT
The Blackhawks defensive depth takes a hit as Jordan Hendry is done for six months after tearing the ACL in his left knee.
Feb 28, 2011, 5:06 PM EDT
Timing is everything and Martin Biron couldn’t have broken his collarbone at a worse time.
Feb 28, 2011, 4:41 PM EDT
Calgary gives their offense a bit of a boost adding GM Jay Feaster favorite Fredrik Modin.
Feb 28, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
The Caps filled out their wish list after acquiring Jason Arnott from New Jersey in exchange for David Steckel.
Feb 28, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
Looking for all the deals and rumors that go down on deadline day? We’ve got them all here.
Feb 28, 2011, 2:44 PM EDT
Anaheim gets a bit grittier after acquiring Brad Winchester from St. Louis.
Feb 28, 2011, 2:21 PM EDT
Chicago boosts their defensive depth by acquiring puck moving defenseman Chris Campoli from Ottawa.
Feb 28, 2011, 1:13 PM EDT
Columbus makes their push to improve and try to get in the playoffs by picking up Scottie Upshall and Sami Lepisto from Phoenix for Rostislav Klesla.
Feb 28, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
After a huge week, Toronto’s Phil Kessel takes home top honors as the NHL’s first star of the week.
Feb 28, 2011, 12:01 PM EDT
The Caps got one part of their needs settled on deadline day acquiring defenseman Dennis Wideman from Florida.
Feb 28, 2011, 11:06 AM EDT
After acquiring him from Boston, Mark Stuart’s apparently made a good impression on Atlanta as they’ve signed him to a three year extension worth $5.1 million.
Feb 27, 2011, 6:23 PM EDT
While the Lighting win an important game over New York 2-1, Rangers coach John Tortorella is a bit upset about how the officiating went down during the game.
Feb 27, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
Chicago makes a big commitment to defenseman Brent Seabrook for five more years, but are the Blackhawks looking at big salary problems again in the near future?
Feb 27, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
After eight years, Hugh Jessiman will no longer be the answer to a trivia question and will play in his first NHL game today for Florida.
Feb 27, 2011, 12:43 PM EDT
With a handful of afternoon games today, here’s who’s starting in goal in them.
Feb 27, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
It’s the eve of the trade deadline and we’ve got eight games that could figure to be the last one with their current team for many players. Morbid reality or exciting possibilities? You make the call!
Feb 27, 2011, 11:11 AM EDT
While the Hurricanes may have lost, Cam Ward stole the show with his kick save on Montreal’s Tom Pyatt.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 15
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 23
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 57
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (57)