Jan 10, 2011, 10:56 PM EST
All seemed to be going well with the Penguins leading Boston 2-0 late in the third period. A couple bad penalties and defensive plays later and the Pens end up losing by two.
Jan 10, 2011, 8:05 PM EST
The Islanders can stop wondering when Mark Eaton will rejoin the blue line corps. He won’t be doing it this year after undergoing season-ending hip surgery.
Jan 10, 2011, 7:24 PM EST
Red Wings fans won’t have Chris Osgood to kick around for the next 6-8 weeks thanks to sports hernia surgery. Jimmy Howard better be ready to work a lot more.
Jan 9, 2011, 6:24 PM EST
While Mike Commodore awaits being moved out of Columbus via trade or waivers, he’ll get to spend his time in Springfield in the AHL now.
Jan 9, 2011, 5:14 PM EST
With the rest of tonight’s action coming up, here’s a look at who’s in goal tonight.
Jan 9, 2011, 4:50 PM EST
Tom Kostopolous had his day with the Wheel of Justice and came out with a six-game suspension for hitting Detroit defenseman Brad Stuart from the blindside, breaking his jaw. Was it judged wrongly though?
Jan 9, 2011, 4:14 PM EST
Columbus has a superstar in Rick Nash and Jackets coach Scott Arniel thinks he isn’t getting treated the way other stars are treated. Cynicism on line one, Columbus.
Jan 9, 2011, 1:26 PM EST
There’s one afternoon tilt – so who’s starting? We’ve got the news.
Jan 9, 2011, 1:19 PM EST
Yesterday, James shocked and amazed you with his selections for who should win the NHL awards at the halfway point. Today, Joe Yerdon gets to lay the truth as he sees it down.
Jan 9, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
Alex Ovechkin shows us once again that he can do amazing things on the ice with his eventual game-winning goal.
Jan 9, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
What’s happening on this Sunday around the NHL? Let us break it all down for you around the rink.
Jan 9, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Jimmy Howard showed last night that he can give Daniel Sedin a reason to shake his head in amazement.
Jan 9, 2011, 3:18 AM EST
The Los Angeles Kings took care of one potential off-season headache tonight by locking up defenseman Jack Johnson to a seven-year extension. Next up: Drew Doughty.
Jan 9, 2011, 2:32 AM EST
The Red Wings get a gut check win in Vancouver. That and more you can see when you hop on the Zamboni tonight.
Jan 9, 2011, 12:03 AM EST
The injury bug revisits the Red Wings with a vengeance now that Chris Osgood is off to see a specialist about his groin injury.
Jan 8, 2011, 11:13 PM EST
It’s like a horror show that Bruins fans don’t want to watch anymore as the Canadiens come back from being down 2-0 in the third to win in overtime.
Jan 8, 2011, 9:13 PM EST
Matt Hunwick was seen to be the puck moving defenseman the Avalanche were missing out on. As it turns out, Avs fans are hoping he can lock down a spot on the bench.
Jan 8, 2011, 8:11 PM EST
Joel Quenneville finds out who he’ll be coaching against at the All-Star Game in Raleigh in a few weeks.
Jan 8, 2011, 7:06 PM EST
Wondering who’s getting the nod for tonight’s games from 8 p.m. and after? We’ve got your hookup.
Jan 7, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
If you think having the team you beat in the title game be your opponent on banner raising night is a bit cheeky, wait til you see what the Hershey Bears are doing to irk their past opponents.
Jan 7, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
Rangers rookie Ryan McDonagh makes his debut for the Rangers tonight, their sixth rookie to take the ice this season.
Jan 7, 2011, 4:04 PM EST
Looking for another reason why hockey players are tougher than normal people? Read on to hear about how long Josh Gorges’ knee has been injured.
Jan 7, 2011, 1:18 PM EST
With Jamie Langenbrunner now off to Dallas, is this the first of many deals we see from the Devils before the trade deadline? Let’s speculate the heck out of this.
Jan 7, 2011, 10:40 AM EST
Disgruntled New Jersey captain Jamie Langenbrunner is being traded to a team he’s rather familiar with already in Dallas.
Jan 7, 2011, 10:25 AM EST
Haven’t heard or seen much about Tuukka Rask lately? Don’t worry, his save on Martin Havlat will leave you talking for the rest of the day.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 7
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 83
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 74
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 65
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 46
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 77
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (83)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (77)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (75)