May 17, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Tomas Kaberle’s bad turn in Boston continues on into the playoffs and if he can’t get it turned around, the Bruins are in trouble.
Your video moment of zen: Finnish coach Pasi Nurminen takes a header and dents World Championship trophy
May 17, 2011, 12:36 AM EDT
Finnish coach Pasi Nurminen did nothing to disprove how hard the Finns party when they win by taking a Gerald Ford-esque stumble at the airport that managed to put a dent in the championship trophy.
May 16, 2011, 11:57 PM EDT
If you thing the NHL isn’t prepared for a potential move to Winnipeg by the Atlanta Thrashers, you’d be wrong as they’ve reportedly got a schedule drawn up for either Atlanta or Winnipeg.
May 16, 2011, 8:07 PM EDT
Georges Laraque made his living as an enforcer in the NHL much like his good friend Derek Boogaard. Today, Laraque is sounding off on the Rangers for how they handled Boogaard in what turned out to be his final season.
May 16, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
We’ve got some thoughts on sagging third period efforts, diving, and the Sedins getting the breakout game they needed right off the bat.
May 15, 2011, 7:25 PM EDT
With the Western Conference finals kicking off tonight featuring a pair of teams with players that have a lot to prove, there are five that have a lot more pressure to win than the others.
May 15, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Reportedly the Coyotes and Flyers discussed a deal that would’ve solved mutual needs with Jeff Carter and Ilya Bryzgalov switching places. Should the Flyers be looking at Bryzgalov as a free agent?
May 15, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
Tonight sees the Western Conference finals get under way from Vancouver as the Canucks face off with the San Jose Sharks. While the Sharks are coming off a legendary seven game series against Detroit, the Canucks have had a lot of time comparatively to prepare for the conference finals. San Jose will look to keep…
May 15, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
If the Atlanta Thrashers are bought and moved to Winnipeg, the NHL will have to figure out a realignment plan sending one Western Conference team to the Eastern Conference. But who should go?
May 15, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Last night’s Game 1 in the Eastern Conference finals gave us plenty to wonder about and most of it has to do with what the Bruins did wrong.
May 15, 2011, 12:18 AM EDT
Tampa Bay used an early three goal blitz in the first period to put Boston in their place and take Game 1.
May 14, 2011, 11:11 PM EDT
Derek Boogaard’s shocking sudden death and history of concussions has his family donating his brain to science to be studied.
May 14, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
While we’re in the predicting mood, PHT takes a look at what we think shakes loose in the Western Conference finals between Vancouver and San Jose.
May 14, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
It’s the time you’ve all been waiting for: Our predictions on how we think the Eastern Conference finals will go.
May 13, 2011, 6:57 PM EDT
PHT takes a look at who the leaders are for the Conn Smythe Trophy are as we head into the Conference finals.
May 13, 2011, 4:57 PM EDT
Finland’s Mikael Granlund, 2010 Minnesota Wild first round pick, helped beat Russia today by scoring perhaps the greatest goal we’ve seen all year.
May 13, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
The Red Wings played about as good a seventh game and a series as you’re going to see but they still came up short. What went wrong? There’s not a lot to find.
May 13, 2011, 12:51 PM EDT
After Jeremy Roenick took down Patrick Marleau for his performance in Game 5 against Detroit, he owned up and gave him his respect after scoring the game-winning goal in Game 7.
May 13, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
According to sources at CSN Philly, the 2012 Winter Classic is headed for Philadelphia.
May 13, 2011, 11:02 AM EDT
After a potential Calder Trophy winning season scoring 34 goals, Michael Grabner will be staying in Long Island for five more years.
May 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Last night’s Game 7 gave us more than a few thoughts about what’s going on including takes on Patrick Marleau, Joe Thornton, Antti Niemi, and Jimmy Howard.
May 13, 2011, 2:27 AM EDT
Russia came back to stun Canada in the quarterfinals of the 2011 IIHF World Championships thanks to the skills of Ilya Kovalchuk.
May 13, 2011, 1:45 AM EDT
Now that we’re down to the Conference finals in the East and West, we want to know… Who do you have winning it all now?
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)