May 17, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Tomas Kaberle’s bad turn in Boston continues on into the playoffs and if he can’t get it turned around, the Bruins are in trouble.
Your video moment of zen: Finnish coach Pasi Nurminen takes a header and dents World Championship trophy
May 17, 2011, 12:36 AM EST
Finnish coach Pasi Nurminen did nothing to disprove how hard the Finns party when they win by taking a Gerald Ford-esque stumble at the airport that managed to put a dent in the championship trophy.
May 16, 2011, 11:57 PM EST
If you thing the NHL isn’t prepared for a potential move to Winnipeg by the Atlanta Thrashers, you’d be wrong as they’ve reportedly got a schedule drawn up for either Atlanta or Winnipeg.
May 16, 2011, 8:07 PM EST
Georges Laraque made his living as an enforcer in the NHL much like his good friend Derek Boogaard. Today, Laraque is sounding off on the Rangers for how they handled Boogaard in what turned out to be his final season.
May 16, 2011, 12:03 PM EST
We’ve got some thoughts on sagging third period efforts, diving, and the Sedins getting the breakout game they needed right off the bat.
May 15, 2011, 7:25 PM EST
With the Western Conference finals kicking off tonight featuring a pair of teams with players that have a lot to prove, there are five that have a lot more pressure to win than the others.
May 15, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
Reportedly the Coyotes and Flyers discussed a deal that would’ve solved mutual needs with Jeff Carter and Ilya Bryzgalov switching places. Should the Flyers be looking at Bryzgalov as a free agent?
May 15, 2011, 3:07 PM EST
Tonight sees the Western Conference finals get under way from Vancouver as the Canucks face off with the San Jose Sharks. While the Sharks are coming off a legendary seven game series against Detroit, the Canucks have had a lot of time comparatively to prepare for the conference finals. San Jose will look to keep…
May 15, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
If the Atlanta Thrashers are bought and moved to Winnipeg, the NHL will have to figure out a realignment plan sending one Western Conference team to the Eastern Conference. But who should go?
May 15, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Last night’s Game 1 in the Eastern Conference finals gave us plenty to wonder about and most of it has to do with what the Bruins did wrong.
May 15, 2011, 12:18 AM EST
Tampa Bay used an early three goal blitz in the first period to put Boston in their place and take Game 1.
May 14, 2011, 11:11 PM EST
Derek Boogaard’s shocking sudden death and history of concussions has his family donating his brain to science to be studied.
May 14, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
While we’re in the predicting mood, PHT takes a look at what we think shakes loose in the Western Conference finals between Vancouver and San Jose.
May 14, 2011, 7:00 PM EST
It’s the time you’ve all been waiting for: Our predictions on how we think the Eastern Conference finals will go.
May 13, 2011, 6:57 PM EST
PHT takes a look at who the leaders are for the Conn Smythe Trophy are as we head into the Conference finals.
May 13, 2011, 4:57 PM EST
Finland’s Mikael Granlund, 2010 Minnesota Wild first round pick, helped beat Russia today by scoring perhaps the greatest goal we’ve seen all year.
May 13, 2011, 3:56 PM EST
The Red Wings played about as good a seventh game and a series as you’re going to see but they still came up short. What went wrong? There’s not a lot to find.
May 13, 2011, 12:51 PM EST
After Jeremy Roenick took down Patrick Marleau for his performance in Game 5 against Detroit, he owned up and gave him his respect after scoring the game-winning goal in Game 7.
May 13, 2011, 11:52 AM EST
According to sources at CSN Philly, the 2012 Winter Classic is headed for Philadelphia.
May 13, 2011, 11:02 AM EST
After a potential Calder Trophy winning season scoring 34 goals, Michael Grabner will be staying in Long Island for five more years.
May 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Last night’s Game 7 gave us more than a few thoughts about what’s going on including takes on Patrick Marleau, Joe Thornton, Antti Niemi, and Jimmy Howard.
May 13, 2011, 2:27 AM EST
Russia came back to stun Canada in the quarterfinals of the 2011 IIHF World Championships thanks to the skills of Ilya Kovalchuk.
May 13, 2011, 1:45 AM EST
Now that we’re down to the Conference finals in the East and West, we want to know… Who do you have winning it all now?
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 37
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 75
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (75)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)