Jan 20, 2011, 8:52 PM EST
Avalanche forward Tomas Fleischmann will miss the rest of the season with a pulmonary embolism.
Jan 20, 2011, 8:16 PM EST
After a tough separation during the 2009 off-season, former Habs captain Saku Koivu makes his return to Montreal as a member of the Anaheim Ducks.
Jan 20, 2011, 6:05 PM EST
You saw them on HBO’s 24/7, you saw them at the 2011 Winter Classic, and now you’ll see them on Super Bowl Sunday at 12:30 ET on NBC’s Game of the Week. It’s the Capitals and Penguins in Washington, D.C. to get your day full of sports kicked off the right way.
Jan 19, 2011, 6:43 PM EST
If reports are true, Montreal will be without Mike Cammalleri and Max Pacioretty for up to a month with separate injuries suffered against Buffalo last night.
Jan 19, 2011, 5:19 PM EST
Chris Pronger makes his triumphant return to a Flyers lineup that’s playing better than as it has all season.
Jan 19, 2011, 4:34 PM EST
The injury woes for the Rangers continue as top scorer Brandon Dubinsky will miss 3-4 weeks with a stress fracture in his left leg.
Jan 19, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
Jimmy Howard says he’s ready to play for Detroit after bruising his knee and his return comes not a moment too soon.
Jan 19, 2011, 3:27 PM EST
NBC’s Mike Milbury gives us his take on whether or not Rule 48 is doing its job, whether the Oilers have any blame over Ales Hemsky’s concussion, and how Daniel Briere’s fine is a sign of how soft the NHL has gotten.
Jan 19, 2011, 2:25 PM EST
Evgeni Malkin will miss tomorrow’s game against New Jersey with an injury. As if the Penguins needed things to be any tougher to score.
Jan 19, 2011, 1:20 PM EST
Jarome Iginla is asking out of the All-Star Game to be with his ailing grandmother. Daniel Briere… Come on down.
Jan 19, 2011, 11:47 AM EST
One of the key Islanders that has yet to see the ice this season makes his return tomorrow. The Islanders could use a spark from Kyle Okposo.
Jan 19, 2011, 10:45 AM EST
Shootouts aren’t always about the creative ways goals get scored. Columbus’ Mathieu Garon goes to show goalies can have some swagger too.
Jan 19, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
With a light night ahead and just three games on the schedule, our look around the rink will make for a short trip highlighted by an Original Six showdown in New York.
Jan 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Corey Perry’s goal last night makes us think he’d make for one hell of a Twister player. Check out the video and see for yourself.
Jan 19, 2011, 3:07 AM EST
Edmonton’s Ales Hemsky was knocked out of tonight’s game against Minnesota with a concussion. Did the Oilers
Jan 19, 2011, 2:39 AM EST
With a busy night ahead, we see how the Caps came up short against Philly, an impressive overtime win for Colorado, and another Vezina highlight reel for Boston’s Tim Thomas.
Jan 18, 2011, 10:35 PM EST
After what’s been a solid debut season in the NHL, the Penguins are rewarding Mark Letestu with a contract extension.
Jan 18, 2011, 9:30 PM EST
Montreal will feel fortunate to get out of Buffalo alive after seeing four players felled by injuries tonight.
Jan 18, 2011, 7:55 PM EST
Blackhawks forward Jack Skille isn’t winning any friends this weekend in Chicago as he’s rooting for his home-state Green Bay Packers over the Chicago Bears in the NFC Championship.
Jan 18, 2011, 7:05 PM EST
Here’s your late rundown of who’s in goal tonight around the NHL. The final four games of the night are here.
Jan 17, 2011, 6:30 PM EST
Want to see what it looks like when a 6’9″ defenseman gets a hat trick? Of course you do.
Jan 17, 2011, 5:39 PM EST
Some days you’ve just got it. Today, the Bruins had it in spades winning 7-0 over Carolina.
Jan 17, 2011, 4:43 PM EST
Flyers defensive stud Chris Pronger is practicing harder and may be back in the lineup by Thursday if all goes well.
Jan 17, 2011, 3:19 PM EST
Atlanta will be without backup goalie Chris Mason for an undetermined length of time thanks to a knee injury.
Jan 17, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Everyone wants some Juice and Jussi Jokinen delivered as the NHL’s top star of the week.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 145
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (146)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)