Archives › Joe Yerdon
Oct 18, 2010, 10:58 AM EDT
Coyotes captain Shane Doan might be getting a call from the NHL about his shot to the head on Ducks forward Dan Sexton.
Oct 18, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
It’s Monday and you’re already upset about that. Don’t worry, hockey’s here for you after you get out of work.
Oct 18, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Sheldon Souray is a man without an NHL team that wants him right now, and the one that does have him isn’t in a hurry to get him out.
Oct 18, 2010, 1:18 AM EDT
With just two games, the nightly recap makes for a light bit of reading.
Oct 18, 2010, 12:53 AM EDT
Cam Fowler had a game to remember scoring his first NHL goal. Unfortunately he wasn’t able to stick around to see his team win 3-2 after getting knocked out on his next shift. See the video inside this post.
Oct 17, 2010, 10:42 PM EDT
You think it’s hard to be a backup goalie? How about when you’re backing up Panthers goalie Tomas Vokoun who plays all the time? All of a sudden, life seems easy.
Oct 17, 2010, 7:35 PM EDT
A look at tonight’s starting goalies in the NHL’s light schedule.
Oct 16, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
The NHL is excited about the prospect of selling the Phoenix Coyotes to Matthew Hulsizer. Shocking that they’d be excited about making $165 million right?
Oct 16, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Last night’s game between Toronto and the New York Rangers saw business pick up late in the game when away from a scrum near the boards, Rangers agitator Sean Avery and Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek got to chatting. Apparently whatever was being said wasn’t to Avery’s liking and he slashed Komisarek twice, first in the…
Oct 16, 2010, 3:54 PM EDT
Andreas Lilja finally gets to join the Ducks after getting his visa issues worked out.
Oct 16, 2010, 2:38 PM EDT
Discouraging news for the Capitals today as they’ll be without the services of defenseman Mike Green tonight against Nashville. Green left their game on Wednesday against the Islanders with what appeared to be a shoulder injury. Also missing tonight’s game for Washington is defenseman Tom Poti who is out with a lower body injury. Jumping…
Oct 16, 2010, 1:38 PM EDT
Sharks captain Joe Thornton was set to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, but it appears that he’s not about to go hitting the open market. The Sharks announced this afternoon that they’ve signed Thornton to a three-year contract extension worth $21 million. Thornton taking a deal worth $7 million…
Oct 16, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Good news, everyone! Well, for everyone who is an Islanders fan at least.
Oct 16, 2010, 11:40 AM EDT
With Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson coming back tonight from his two-game suspension for his hit from behind on Buffalo Sabres forward Jason Pominville, his return to the ice comes at a rather peculiar time as the Blackhawks face the Sabres once again tonight in Chicago. Revenge is on the mind of many fans and perhaps…
Oct 16, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
L.A. Kings forward Anze Kopitar was working his magic last night in helping the Kings beat Roberto Luongo and the Canucks. Check out his sweet stick handling to get through Canucks defense to dish to Dustin Brown for Brown’s first goal of the game on the way to a 4-1 Kings win. If you’re not…
Oct 16, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Here’s your Saturday full of action across the NHL. Clear out your evening schedules because you’ve got a full night of sitting around in front of your TV/computer to soak in some hockey action.
Oct 16, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Did Atlanta’s Rich Peverley get a stick on Dustin Byfuglien’s deflected shot which lead to Anthony Stewart’s tip-in for Atlanta’s tying goal? You make the call.
Oct 16, 2010, 2:10 AM EDT
Take a look around the league as we check out all of Friday night’s action on the ice.
Oct 16, 2010, 12:42 AM EDT
The Penguins are upset over a game-misconduct penalty given to defenseman Kris Letang for a hit to the head of Blake Comeau. Their problem? Comeau wasn’t even hit in the head.
Oct 15, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
The prognosis is not good for either Chris Drury or Marian Gaborik after suffering injuries tonight against Toronto, but it may be worse for Vinny Prospal. It was a bad night to be an injured Ranger.
Oct 15, 2010, 9:33 PM EDT
Rangers forwards Marian Gaborik and Chris Drury both leave tonight’s game against Toronto with injuries.
Oct 15, 2010, 8:52 PM EDT
The ongoing saga of the sale of the Phoenix Coyotes may finally be at an end and Matthew Hulsizer could be the savior of hockey in the desert.
Oct 15, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Our goal of the night comes from last night’s mostly lackluster tilt between the Calgary Flames and Florida Panthers. Panthers young forward Shawn Matthias makes the most of his open-ice break with Rostislav Olesz and places a perfect shot over the shoulder of Flames goalie Miikka Kiprusoff. Matthias’ goal came in the third period and…
Oct 15, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
While the Red Wings got manhandled by the Dallas Stars 4-1 last night, the post game buzz wasn’t about Mike Modano or the Stars victory, but rather about Red Wings forward Johan Franzen’s claim that a hit he took from Stars defenseman Mark Fistric gave him a concussion. While that has yet to be determined,…
Oct 15, 2010, 3:04 AM EDT
While the Panthers get off their bad streak, worries continue to grow in Calgary over the Flames’ seeming lack of motivation.
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 22
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 12
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 40
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 46
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 26
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal