Jun 13, 2011, 10:07 PM EST
While Vancouver may have carried play in the second period, they’re still in a massive hole down 4-0 after two.
Jun 13, 2011, 9:16 PM EST
Another home game for Boston, another beat down in progress as the Bruins storm out to a 4-0 lead after one period against Vancouver.
Jun 13, 2011, 8:00 PM EST
The PHT Stanley Cup finals Game 6 live chat is under way. Come join us for the witty banter and shenanigans. We don’t think anyone will get bitten.
Jun 13, 2011, 6:46 PM EST
Even though Game 6 isn’t taking place in Vancouver, the City of Vancouver is taking steps needed to cool things off just in case the Canucks win the Stanley Cup tonight.
Jun 13, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
The Stanley Cup is in the house and there’s five things we’re keeping an eye out for in tonight’s Game 6 from Boston.
Jun 13, 2011, 1:16 PM EST
If you think the stress of being in the Stanley Cup finals is high, imagine being a win away from taking it home and having the Cup in the building.
Jun 13, 2011, 11:52 AM EST
If you think that the Bruins success at home against Vancouver so far in this series will spur them on tonight, think again.
Jun 12, 2011, 3:14 PM EST
Ho hum, another day another memorable quote from a goalie in the Stanley Cup finals discussing the opposing goalie. This time Tim Thomas gets his say.
Jun 12, 2011, 1:13 PM EST
Planning the parade is a bit of a “no-no” if you haven’t won yet so we’re thinking selling the rights to broadcast the parade is an effective way to step up the karmic retribution.
Jun 12, 2011, 12:09 PM EST
There’s been a host of “no name” teams in sports history, but if the Canucks win the Stanley Cup they’ll be doing it in the finals with a bunch of guys that don’t exactly stand out as superstars.
Jun 11, 2011, 6:24 PM EST
According to a report from ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, the NHL may be staging just one outdoor game next season.
Jun 11, 2011, 2:31 PM EST
While the Winnipeg hockey team is bound to the Atlanta Thrashers records, they will be doing one good thing with that and continuing to honor Dan Snyder’s memory in Manitoba.
Jun 11, 2011, 11:36 AM EST
Is the Conn Smythe Trophy already in the bag for Boston’s Tim Thomas win or lose? It’s sure starting to look that way, but he might need the series to go seven games to make it work.
Jun 11, 2011, 10:43 AM EST
Among the five thoughts we’ve got today are how the importance of home ice has made itself more than evident in the Stanley Cup finals.
Jun 11, 2011, 1:48 AM EST
Check out more highlights from Game 5 from NBC’s star cams as well as from behind the goalies in net cam.
Jun 11, 2011, 1:03 AM EST
Roberto Luongo played great in Game 5 earning a shutout. He also said he would’ve stopped the lone goal that beat Tim Thomas to give Vancouver the win.
Jun 10, 2011, 11:04 PM EST
The Cancuks are one win away from the Stanley Cup as Maxim Lapierre’s third period goal and Roberto Luongo’s fourth shutout of the playoffs give the Canucks a 1-0 win in Game 5.
Jun 10, 2011, 10:11 PM EST
After two periods of Game 5 we’re still scoreless even though Vancouver got their power play opportunities again.
Jun 10, 2011, 9:29 PM EST
Just when you thought Milan Lucic and Alex Burrows could get along peacefully after the biting and taunting, they renewed acquaintances tonight.
Jun 10, 2011, 9:11 PM EST
After a scoreless first period, the Canucks are bringing the body while the Bruins bring the shots and missed power play opportunities.
Jun 9, 2011, 6:41 PM EST
After Roberto Luongo gave up 12 goals in his last two starts, do you think the Canucks should start him in Game 5?
Jun 9, 2011, 5:11 PM EST
A few teams settled up with free agents-to-be today including Montreal, Pittsburgh, and St. Louis.
Jun 9, 2011, 2:45 PM EST
In their efforts to prepare for the offseason, the Rangers are set to part was with their captain Chris Drury by buying him out of his contract. Looks like someone’s getting ready to make a run at Brad Richards.
Jun 9, 2011, 1:46 PM EST
The Flames are retaining one young blue liner in Brett Carson keeping him around for two more years.
Jun 9, 2011, 1:01 PM EST
Toronto’s latest goalie of the future is now locked up for three more years. Let’s hope this turns out better than it did for Vesa Toskala.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)