Dec 1, 2010, 1:16 PM EDT
The NHL named its three stars of November: Sidney Crosby, Carey Price and Dustin Byfuglien. Read more about their accomplishments in this post.
Dec 1, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
Some minor moves from the St. Louis Blues: they called up Stefan Della Rovere and Dave Scatchard, demoted T.J. Hensick and Chris Porter and put David Perron on the IR.
Dec 1, 2010, 12:11 PM EDT
Media company Rogers already owns the Toronto Blue Jays, but they might add the Maple Leafs and other Toronto sports teams in a whopping deal reportedly estimated at $1.3 billion in value.
Dec 1, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Ondrej Pavelec’s stellar play is a big reason why the Atlanta Thrashers are on a six game winning streak, making important saves like the one you’ll find in this post.
Dec 1, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Pavel Dastyuk’s ridiculous display of deking earned him the Goal of the Night.
Dec 1, 2010, 1:35 AM EDT
Here are summaries of Tuesday’s five games.
Dec 1, 2010, 12:46 AM EDT
Maclean’s magazine named Sidney Crosby its newsmaker of the year. Not sportsman of the year … newsmaker of the year. Click “Read More” for the details.
Nov 30, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
There’s some sad news for the hockey world tonight, as reports indicate that veteran columnist and Hall of Fame writer Jim Kelley died today after a long battle fighting pancreatic cancer. He was 61 years old. Kelley is survived by his wife Susan and two daughters, Erin and Megan, as well as three grandchildren. One…
Nov 30, 2010, 11:25 PM EDT
One final call to vote propelled Jamie Benn to the November 22-28 goal of the week.
Nov 30, 2010, 10:42 PM EDT
Once again, Simon Gagne celebrated a return from injury by winning a game with a goal in overtime.
Nov 30, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
Marc-Andre Fleury’s flashy glove save tops the save of the week voting for the week of November 22-28.
Nov 30, 2010, 9:04 PM EDT
How worried should the Florida Panthers be about David Booth’s scoring slump?
Nov 30, 2010, 8:02 PM EDT
Two players who have spent most of their careers in the minors signed deals today, as the Islanders inked Jeremy Colliton and the Thrashers gave Tim Stapleton a two year deal.
Nov 30, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
Ken Campbell writes that the Sabres sale rumors are justified and that the team’s denials boil down to semantics more than anything else.
Nov 30, 2010, 6:20 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at tonight’s probable starters for all five games.
Nov 29, 2010, 5:50 PM EDT
Here are the probable goalies for tonight’s five games.
Nov 29, 2010, 4:36 PM EDT
It sounds like Marc Savard could return to NHL action as soon as this week. Maybe.
Nov 29, 2010, 4:05 PM EDT
Here’s justification for anyone who cringes when a star player gets in a fight: Chris Stewart will reportedly miss four to six weeks after breaking his hand in a skirmish on Saturday.
Nov 29, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
Many big names attended Pat Burns’ funeral today, including Gary Bettman, Patrick Roy and Raymond Bourque.
Nov 29, 2010, 2:31 PM EDT
With 15 wins already this year, Carey Price and P.K. Subban are earning attention for their amusing post-victory ritual.
Nov 29, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
From dealing with a concussion because of a collapse to being named the number one star of the week, Ondrej Pavelec provides plenty of inspiration. His teammate Dustin Byfuglien and Penguins star Sidney Crosby join him for the three stars of the week.
Nov 29, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
The hockey world (along with friends and family) will mourn the death of Pat Burns during his funeral this afternoon.
Nov 29, 2010, 12:35 PM EDT
David Perron is making progress – albeit slow – from concussion issues stemming from the hit that earned Joe Thornton a two game suspension.
Nov 29, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Let’s take a look at tonight’s five game slate of NHL action.
Nov 29, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Who made the save of the week for November 22-28: Semyon Varlamov, Sergei Bobrovsky, Miikka Kiprusoff, Marc-Andre Fleury, Martin Gerber or Ilya Bryzgalov? Vote in the poll by clicking on the “Read More” link.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)