Dec 11, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Check out previews of a jam-packed 13 game schedule of Saturday games.
Dec 11, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
The Marco Sturm to the Los Angeles Kings trade rumors are heating up once again. Click “Read More” to find out more about it.
Dec 11, 2010, 1:17 PM EDT
More details on the developing Phoenix Coyotes sale: the City of Glendale might put up $197 million over about five years to potential buyer Matt Hulsizer.
Dec 11, 2010, 12:52 PM EDT
The latest scuttlebutt about Jordan Staal isn’t good: rumors are circulating that he “re-broke” his hand.
Dec 11, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Who would have thought that Andrew Raycroft wouldn’t just receive an NHL paycheck this season … but earn every cent and then some? Here’s his second save of the night of the week.
Dec 11, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Linus Omark’s fancy shootout winner earned Friday’s goal of the night.
Dec 11, 2010, 1:11 AM EDT
Take a look at summaries from Friday’s three late games, which all required a shootout for resolution.
Dec 10, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
The Ducks placed Aaron Voros on the IR today because Kevin Bieksa broke his orbital bone in a fight during the Anaheim-Vancouver game from Wednesday. The team called up Dan Sexton to replace Voros in the lineup.
Dec 10, 2010, 10:28 PM EDT
Here are summaries of Friday’s nights first three games. Included: a Red Wings win, the Avalanche snap their road losing streak and Martin Brodeur loses in his return from injury.
Matt Hulsizer’s purchase of Phoenix Coyotes nears completion as Glendale will vote on new lease Tuesday
Dec 10, 2010, 9:08 PM EDT
Matt Hulsizer’s chances of purchasing the Phoenix Coyotes grew even stronger as the Glendale City Council will vote on whether or not to approve a new arena lease for the team on Tuesday.
Dec 10, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
A broken thumb will reportedly sideline Mason Raymond on a “week to week” basis while Christian Ehrhoff is out because he was hit in the ear by a puck.
Dec 10, 2010, 6:43 PM EDT
Check out tonight’s probable starting goalies, including the return of Martin Brodeur.
Dec 9, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Here are the probable goalies for tonight’s eight games.
Dec 9, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says that all three of his notable injured forwards – Marian Hossa, Fernando Pisani and even Patrick Kane – could start skating on their own next week. Consider us very skeptical about Kane recovering so quickly, though.
Dec 9, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
Sean Avery and Henrik Lundqvist made Forbes.com’s list of the 15 best dressed athletes.
Dec 9, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
Here are previews for tonight’s eight games.
Dec 9, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s really amazing how far Ondrej Pavelec has come from a scary collapse that caused him a concussion on the opening night of the season.
Dec 9, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
HBO provides the lowdown on the first episode of “24/7 Penguins/Capitals: Road to the Winter Classic.”
Dec 9, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
Good news for a team that hasn’t gotten much lately: Toronto will have Dion Phaneuf and J.S. Giguere back against Philadelphia tonight.
Dec 9, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Andrew Raycroft’s stop on Patrick Sharp earned him the best save of December 8th.
Dec 9, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Ville Leino’s spinning tally earned him the goal of the night for December 8th.
Dec 9, 2010, 1:15 AM EDT
Here are summaries of Wednesday’s five games.
Dec 9, 2010, 12:40 AM EDT
Marc Crawford thinks that the refs blew it tonight when they failed to call Rule 53.6, which rewards a team with an automatic penalty shot if someone on the opposing squad throws his stick.
Dec 9, 2010, 12:00 AM EDT
In an ideal world, the Quebec Nordiques and Winnipeg Jets could play in the NHL again. Unfortunately, the numbers say that the two markets would probably struggle to support a pro team.
Dec 8, 2010, 11:12 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers were a tenth of a second away from winning in overtime against the San Jose Sharks, who ended up besting the Broad Street Bullies in the shootout.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)