Dec 5, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Tim Thomas made what some people are calling the save of the year with this sprawling glove stop last night.
Dec 5, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Taylor Hall’s overtime game winner was Saturday’s most captivating goal.
Dec 5, 2010, 1:24 AM EDT
Both the Oilers and Kings continued their modest winning streaks by beating the Blues and Red Wings, respectively.
Dec 4, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
It sounds like Evgeni Malkin’s knee injury isn’t too big of a deal, as it’s been labeled as “day to day.”
Dec 4, 2010, 11:14 PM EDT
Here are recaps of some of tonight’s games, highlighted by Phil Kessel getting a little revenge against the Boston bruins and the Stars bringing their winning streak to six games.
Dec 4, 2010, 10:07 PM EDT
With a Penguins win over the Blue Jackets and a regulation loss by the Capitals against the Thrashers, Pittsburgh and Washington find themselves tied atop the Eastern Conference. Sidney Crosby scored two goals, giving him a league leading 23 on the season.
Dec 4, 2010, 9:33 PM EDT
It sounds like Ales Hemsky’s groin injury is still an issue, as the team will keep him out indefinitely to avoid a possible hernia.
Dec 4, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
With two early afternoon games already completed, we figured it would be wise to rev up the recap Zamboni for a quick spin.
Dec 4, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
PHT readers think that the Toronto Maple Leafs should clean house by firing both their general manager (Brian Burke) and head coach (Ron Wilson).
Dec 4, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
Here are the probable starters for the final two games of the night.
Dec 4, 2010, 6:42 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day. It’s a race…
Dec 3, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
Check out the probable starting goalies for tonight’s six games, including yet another return by Craig Anderson.
Dec 3, 2010, 6:05 PM EDT
The Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan reps say that they never received a “firm offer” for the Toronto Maple Leafs and Raptors. So what does that mean?
Dec 3, 2010, 4:47 PM EDT
Despite making a rule for blindside hits, the NHL is still dealing with concussions at the same disturbing pace.
Dec 3, 2010, 3:49 PM EDT
For the sixth season in a row, the Western Conference clearly out-classes the East in the NHL.
Dec 3, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Here are some previews for tonight’s six games, including another chapter into the hateful (but one-sided) rivalry between the Blackhawks and the Canucks.
Dec 3, 2010, 2:06 PM EDT
Toronto fans (and some media) are once again calling for Ron Wilson to be fired after an embarrassing loss to Edmonton. Should he be fired? What about Brian Burke? Should both or neither be canned? Let us know by voting in the poll.
Dec 3, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
The NHL fined – but didn’t suspend – Curtis Glencross for his cross-check on Keith Ballard from Wednesday.
Dec 3, 2010, 1:33 PM EDT
It’s possible that Steve Downie broke his ankle during the Lightning’s most recent game.
Dec 3, 2010, 1:18 PM EDT
The details regarding the exact injury – and its severity – are unclear, but Pekka Rinne’s agent reports that he’ll miss some time with an unnamed injury.
Dec 3, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
Ondrej Pavelec stole what looked like a sure goal from Tyler Kennedy last night.
Dec 3, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Dennis Seidenberg tricked Mike Smith to earn Thursday’s goal of the night.
Dec 3, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Check out last night’s two hat tricks scored by two of the league’s most brilliant players: Sidney Crosby and Marian Gaborik. Not too surprisingly, both of their teams ended the night with wins.
Dec 3, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Alex Ovechkin actually made a mistake and looked kind of clumsy. Don’t get used to it.
Dec 3, 2010, 1:07 AM EDT
Here are summaries of eight exciting games in the NHL.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)