Jan 8, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby addressed the media today regarding his recovery from a mild concussion and the two hits that might have caused it.
Jan 8, 2011, 1:40 PM EDT
December 8th is a sad day for pun lovers in the NHL, as Miroslav Satan signed with Dynamo Moscow of the KHL according to reports.
Jan 8, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
Tough news for the Detroit Red Wings: Brad Stuart’s broken jaw will force him to miss 6-8 weeks, even though surgery won’t be required. Should the league suspend Tom Kostopoulos for the hit?
Jan 8, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
The NHL handed Ben Eager a well-deserved four game suspension for his sucker punch on Colby Armstrong.
Jan 8, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
Dan Bylsma addressed the speculation that the Penguins mishandled Sidney Crosby’s concussion issues today.
Jan 8, 2011, 12:15 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for today’s two early games.
Jan 8, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
Here are previews of tonight’s 11 games, highlighted by an alpha dog showdown between Western powerhouses Detroit and Vancouver.
Jan 8, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
Jesse Boulerice added another bullet point to his staggering resume of dumb acts by receiving a 10-game suspension from the NHL after bumping a referee.
Jan 8, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Brian Elliott shut down a great odd man rush by the Blackhawks by making the save of the night for December 7th.
Jan 8, 2011, 10:20 AM EDT
There were a lot of great goals last night, but Patrick Kane’s game of take away and nice shot earned him the December 7th goal of the night.
Jan 8, 2011, 9:54 AM EDT
People are discussing a possible suspension after Tom Kostopoulos landed a dirty blindside hit on Brad Stuart last time.
Jan 8, 2011, 1:45 AM EDT
Check out summaries of Friday night’s games in this post.
Jan 8, 2011, 12:56 AM EDT
What changes should each Pacific Division consider – and avoid – in 2011? Here are the new year’s resolutions for those five teams.
Jan 7, 2011, 11:29 PM EDT
Sad news out of Providence, Rhode Island today: former San Jose Sharks draft pick and minor league player Tom Cavanagh was found dead inside a mall parking garage. The Providence Journal reports that the forward died due to “multiple traumatic injuries due to blunt force trauma.” He was 28 years old. Sharks general manager said…
Jan 7, 2011, 11:00 PM EDT
An ugly loss got uglier when Ben Eager landed a sucker punch on Colby Armstrong. The Leafs got revenge via four power-play goals on the resulting five-minute man advantage; will the league further discipline Eager and the Leafs with a suspension?
Jan 7, 2011, 9:40 PM EDT
The disappointing Los Angeles Kings will bolster their struggling lineup with the return of Willie Mitchell and Alexei Ponikarovsky tomorrow night.
Jan 7, 2011, 9:21 PM EDT
A bruised chest/abdomen will keep Gilbert Brule out of tonight’s Oilers-Canucks game. Kurtis Foster will be back in Edmonton’s lineup, though.
Jan 7, 2011, 7:55 PM EDT
It’s been a busy, emotional week for Chicago Blackhawks defenseman/prospect Nick Leddy. Things were pretty low on Monday when Leddy and the United States world junior team absolutely fell on their faces against Canada in the tournament’s semifinal 4-1 loss. His spirits certainly must have been improved on Wednesday, though, as the U.S. gutted out…
Jan 7, 2011, 6:47 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s seven games.
Jan 6, 2011, 7:06 PM EDT
Here are the probable goalies for tonight’s four late games.
Jan 6, 2011, 6:40 PM EDT
Here are the starting goalies for today’s first four games. We’ll have an update for the later games soon.
Jan 6, 2011, 6:27 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby and Matt Cooke are going to miss tonight’s game against the Montreal Canadiens. Click “Read More” for details on the severity of their injuries.
Jan 6, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
What changes should each Northwest Division consider in 2011? Here are the new year’s resolutions for those five teams.
Jan 6, 2011, 3:51 PM EDT
Not long after Mike Commodore requested a trade, the Blue Jackets decided to waive him.
Jan 6, 2011, 2:51 PM EDT
Here are previews for tonight’s eight games.
- Prust fined $5K for ‘baseless and demeaning’ Watson comments 16
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 47
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 15
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)