One thing to consider if you’re hoping that the Lightning (or someone else) will sign Evgeni Nabokov
Dec 20, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
There’s one snag when it comes to the Tampa Bay Lightning – or any other team – signing Evgeni Nabokov: they must cross their fingers that another team doesn’t claim him on waivers.
Dec 20, 2010, 12:43 AM EST
The Colorado Avalanche are quietly building something special, with a high scoring offense that has them on a six game winning streak.
Dec 19, 2010, 10:48 PM EST
Tough news for the under-the-radar Colorado Avalanche: defenseman Kyle Quincey will miss the rest of this season because of shoulder surgery.
Dec 19, 2010, 10:30 PM EST
The Capitals can let out a brief sigh of relief, as they regained the lead in the Southeast Division with a win over the Senators tonight.
Dec 19, 2010, 10:02 PM EST
The Blackhawks held on to beat the Kings 3-2 tonight. Click “read more” for the run down of that game.
Dec 19, 2010, 7:59 PM EST
It was a thrilling game, but the Red Wings and Chris Osgood left with one point after a Loui Eriksson overtime game winner.
Dec 19, 2010, 4:42 PM EST
Here are the probable starters for today’s four games, including Chris Osgood’s attempt to hit the 400-win mark.
Dec 19, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Tim Thomas came up big time and time again last night, including during December 18’s save of the night.
Dec 19, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Kyle Turris pulls some more shootout mischief with this stylish shootout goal, which earned December 18th’s best honors.
Dec 19, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
Read all about the Wild’s 3-1 win over the Flames in this post.
Dec 19, 2010, 12:02 AM EST
Willie Mitchell is facing his second injury setback of the 2010-11 season already, as he’s expected to miss 2-3 weeks with a “lower body injury.”
Dec 18, 2010, 11:10 PM EST
Here are summaries of most of tonight’s games, aside from the late Calgary-Minnesota contest. Highlights include an unlikely hat trick by Eric Boulton and a far more likely three goal performance by Eric Staal.
Dec 18, 2010, 10:02 PM EST
The bad news: Washington lost its eight game in a row. The even worse news: they’re not even the No. 1 team in the Southeast anymore, as Atlanta took the division lead.
Dec 18, 2010, 9:23 PM EST
Is it possible that the Steve Mason who took the NHL by storm during the 2008-09 season was just a mirage? The Columbus Blue Jackets sure hope not. Click “Read More” to find out if they should be worried.
Dec 18, 2010, 7:30 PM EST
The Coyotes sent Ilya Bryzgalov back to Phoenix as he’s dealing with an “upper body injury” along with flu symptoms. It begs the question: is he banged up because the Coyotes aren’t giving him enough rest?
Dec 18, 2010, 6:30 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for today’s remaining 10 games.
Dec 17, 2010, 6:15 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s four games.
Dec 17, 2010, 5:40 PM EST
Reports indicate that the NHLPA will finally make it official that Donald Fehr will head their union.
Signing Steve Stamkos, Drew Doughty and other 2011 free agents will be a struggle with a new CBA looming
Dec 17, 2010, 5:00 PM EST
The 2011 free agency period might end up being a real summer of uncertainty, especially for restricted free agent stars like Steve Stamkos and Drew Doughty.
Dec 17, 2010, 4:06 PM EST
While the Washington Capitals and his former team the San Jose Sharks received plenty of votes, the greatest number of PHT readers think that Tampa Bay is the ideal location for Evgeni Nabokov.
Dec 17, 2010, 3:15 PM EST
There might be some mixed feelings during Friday’s Chris Chelios Heritage Night, as the Chicago Blackhawks honor a great defenseman who happened to spend a larger part of his career with the Detroit Red Wings.
Dec 17, 2010, 2:40 PM EST
Marc Crawford is proving a lot of people wrong as the Dallas Stars are exceeding the expectations of many observers this season.
Dec 17, 2010, 1:35 PM EST
John Erskine signed a two-year extension with the Washington Capitals, reportedly worth $3 million overall and $1.5 million per season.
Dec 17, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
Let’s take a look at tonight’s four games.
Dec 17, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
Cam Ward made Thursday’s best stop, earning him the save of the night.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)