Feb 3, 2011, 12:47 AM EDT
Here are recaps for a wild Wednesday night of games.
Feb 2, 2011, 11:38 PM EDT
It might make sense for the Islanders to claim Mike Smith off of the waiver wire, but the team seems like it will stick with Kevin Poulin and Rick DiPietro instead.
Feb 2, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
Tonight’s been full of rare events, as Johan Franzen had a career-best five goals in one night against the Ottawa Senators. Click “Read More” for the details, plus video footage.
Brent Johnson drops Rick DiPietro with one punch in only goalie fight of season (Oh yeah, and Pens beat Isles 3-0)
Feb 2, 2011, 10:07 PM EDT
The “real” story might be that the Penguins managed another win without Evgeni Malkin and Sidney Crosby, but the biggest moment came when Brent Johnson landed a one-punch knockout on Rick DiPietro in this season’s first goalie fight.
Feb 2, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
The Oilers once again ready themselves for the return of talented but oft-injured winger Ales Hemsky.
Feb 2, 2011, 7:21 PM EDT
The postponed Avalanche-Blues game will be played on Tuesday, February 22nd. Click “Read More” to find out how this schedule change will hurt both teams, even if it had to be done.
Feb 2, 2011, 6:27 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s six games.
Feb 1, 2011, 7:45 PM EDT
Niklas Backstrom’s desperation stop earned him the January 24-30th Save of the Week.
Feb 1, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT
Here are the probable goalies for today’s four late games.
Feb 1, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
Here are the probable goalies for tonight’s first eight games. The remaining four will be covered shortly.
Feb 1, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
The Bruins have already discussed the possibility of shutting Marc Savard down for the season. The question is: could his career be in doubt too?
Feb 1, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Michelle Obama implores kids to get active, which includes playing hockey.
Feb 1, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Here are previews of tonight’s 12 games.
Feb 1, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
With the All-Star break over, it’s time for the NHL playoff races to intensify. Every week, we’ll provide updates for each division’s outlook. The biggest contenders and/or closest races will receive the greatest amount of attention. Today, we take a look at the Atlantic Division.
Feb 1, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
The Sabres announced that the team sale has been completed. With Darcy Regier in place as the general manager, the focus shifts to longtime head coach Lindy Ruff’s future.
Feb 1, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
The Rangers will bring back valuable forwards into the lineup tonight, as Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky are expected to play against the Penguins.
Feb 1, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
Weather worries forced officials to postpone the Colorado Avalanche-St. Louis Blues game tonight.
Feb 1, 2011, 1:28 PM EDT
On the latter half of a miserable 2010-11 season, Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek is reportedly looking to sell the team.
Feb 1, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
The NHL named the three stars of the week for January 24-30th: Eric Staal, Jonathan Quick and Michael Grabner.
Feb 1, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin was one of the most entertaining figures during the all-star weekend, so it makes sense that he earned the Goal of the Week.
Feb 1, 2011, 11:43 AM EDT
The Penguins will play without both Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin once again tonight, as the team reports that Malkin is still fighting off the effects of a sinus infection.
Jan 31, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
Here’s some fodder for Alex Ovechkin/Capitals haters: the Russian star is struggling to put up the same numbers against elite teams as he does against weaker clubs.
Jan 31, 2011, 5:36 PM EDT
The Panthers’ dim playoff hopes took another small hit today, as George Richards reports that center Shawn Matthias will miss six to eight weeks with a broken ankle.
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 0
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)