Feb 17, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Here are recaps of Wednesday night’s late games, including a wild game between the Capitals and Ducks along with another disturbing loss for the Stars.
Feb 16, 2011, 11:37 PM EDT
The Chris Kelly trade adds some versatility to Boston’s lineup, but it will also take a spot away from a Bruins forward. This post discusses the fact that a third-liner such as Tyler Seguin might be the most likely guy to lose time.
Feb 16, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
Here are summaries of Wednesday night’s first five games.
Feb 16, 2011, 9:28 PM EDT
Some say increased consistency explains the Flames’ surprising climb in the standings, but it might just come down to a red-hot offense.
Feb 16, 2011, 8:39 PM EDT
J.S. Giguere left tonight’s game against the Sabres in the first period with what might be a lower body injury.
Feb 16, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
While the exact details are a bit cloudy, it seems like there might be some reason for optimism regarding the sale of the Dallas Stars.
Feb 16, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s eight games.
Feb 16, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Every week, we’ll provide updates for each division’s outlook. The biggest contenders and/or closest races will receive the greatest amount of attention. Today, we take a look at the Atlantic Division.
Feb 16, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Red-hot Sharks goalie Antti Niemi is looking like a Stanley Cup winning goalie again, as you can see from the February 15th Save of the Night.
Feb 16, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Mikhail Grabovski earns the Goal of the Night for February 15th.
Feb 16, 2011, 2:45 AM EDT
Steve Mason earned the Save of the Week for February 7-13th.
Feb 16, 2011, 12:26 AM EDT
Let’s take a look at Tuesday’s games, including Phil Kessel’s revenge against Boston and the Stars’ continued struggles.
Feb 15, 2011, 11:33 PM EDT
The Bruins sent their 2011 second round pick to the Senators in exchange for versatile but limited forward Chris Kelly. Read this post to find out how this might affect both teams.
Feb 15, 2011, 11:00 PM EDT
Two important games ended in shootouts that were actually pretty captivating tonight, with the Flyers finally earning a win against the Lightning 4-3 and the Sabres earning a comeback victory versus the Canadiens.
Feb 15, 2011, 9:26 PM EDT
Tyler Myers’ end-to-end rush easily won him the February 7-13th Goal of the Week.
Feb 15, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
Nicklas Lidstrom will be glad to see the return of Brad Stuart, who is expected to bring his physical style back to the Red Wings lineup on Thursday.
Feb 15, 2011, 7:53 PM EDT
Andrew Alberts will need surgery on his broken wrist, so he’ll likely miss six to eight weeks.
Feb 15, 2011, 7:04 PM EDT
Every week, we’ll provide updates for each division’s outlook. The biggest contenders and/or closest races will receive the greatest amount of attention. Today, we take a look at the Central Division.
Feb 15, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s seven games.
Feb 14, 2011, 5:49 PM EDT
Lightning GM Steve Yzerman and Islanders enforcer Zenon Konopka offer two disparate perspectives on Mario Lemieux’s much-discussed comments.
Feb 14, 2011, 5:03 PM EDT
With Tyler Seguin becoming a regular healthy scratch, it begs the question: did the Bruins rush him into the NHL this season?
Feb 14, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Here are previews for today’s three games, all with some playoff implications.
Feb 14, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
The Stars will face some rare injury turmoil this season, as Brad Richards is expected to miss the team’s three-game road trip this week.
Feb 14, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Want to play armchair GM as the trade deadline approaches? Here’s a cheat sheet.
Feb 14, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
The NHL named its three stars for the week of February 7-13th: Michael Grabner, Drew Stafford and Ilya Bryzgalov.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)