Nov 23, 2010, 11:55 PM EST
Ilya Bryzgalov and the Phoenix Coyotes have ridden a 7-0-2 streak – including seven consecutive wins – to a tiny lead over the Los Angeles Kings in the Pacific Division. They did so thanks to tonight’s 5-0 win over the Edmonton Oilers.
Nov 23, 2010, 11:23 PM EST
Wayne Gretzky loves Steve Stamkos’ game and his work ethic, but “The Great One” thinks it’s a little early for 50 goal in 50 game discussions.
Nov 23, 2010, 10:41 PM EST
They aren’t getting much attention for their 10-3 month, but the Columbus Blue Jackets are suddenly one of the top teams in the NHL. Here are some interesting numbers from the franchise’s impressive month.
Nov 23, 2010, 9:45 PM EST
Tim Thomas’s brilliant group of saves earned him the save of the week award for November 15-21.
Nov 23, 2010, 8:40 PM EST
Alex Burrows is struggling to get his game back as he returns from shoulder surgery.
Alex Burmistrov narrowly edges Andreas Nodl, Henrik Zetterberg for Goal of the Week (November 15-21)
Nov 23, 2010, 8:00 PM EST
Alex Burmistrov didn’t win by much, but he just squeaked by Andreas Nodl and Henrik Zetterberg to earn the November 15-21 goal of the week award.
Nov 23, 2010, 7:30 PM EST
Good news for Mike Mottau: the swelling around his eye subsided enough that he was cleared to fly home to Long Island.
Nov 23, 2010, 6:32 PM EST
Check out the probable goalies for tonight’s only game between the Edmonton Oilers and the Phoenix Coyotes.
Nov 22, 2010, 6:15 PM EST
If Marc Savard passes one more rigorous test, he’ll be able to participate in full contact drills during Boston Bruins practices.
Nov 22, 2010, 5:44 PM EST
Let’s take a look at the probable starting goalies for tonight’s eight games.
Nov 22, 2010, 4:50 PM EST
Mike Mottau will need to stay in Atlanta for at least another night of observation, according to reports.
Nov 22, 2010, 4:35 PM EST
Waive wire news: Carolina might trade Patrick O’Sullivan if he clears, while Anaheim waived Ryan Carter and Philadelphia did the same with Michael Ryan.
Minor knee surgery will sideline Rob Niedermayer for about two weeks; Tim Connolly leaves practice with groin issues
Nov 22, 2010, 2:32 PM EST
Buffalo Sabres injury news: Rob Niedermayer will be sidelined for about two weeks with minor knee surgery while Tim Connolly left practice with groin problems.
Nov 22, 2010, 1:30 PM EST
Click “Read More” to find out why Rick Nash, John-Michael Liles and Brian Rafalski were named the three stars of the week ending on November 21.
Nov 22, 2010, 12:54 PM EST
Let’s take a look at a fairly jam packed Monday of eight games, highlighted by Montreal vs. Philadelphia and Boston vs. Tampa Bay.
Nov 22, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Who made the best save of the week from November 15-21: Tim Thomas, Jimmy Howard, Dwayne Roloson, Kari Lehtonen, Antti Niemi or Roberto Luongo? Decide in the poll.
Nov 22, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Vote for the November 15-21 goal of the week in the poll after the jump.
Nov 22, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
Check out Roberto Luongo’s gorgeous stick save after the jump.
Nov 22, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
Pavel Dastyuk made some jaw dropping moves and then fed Henrik Zetterberg for the goal of the night.
Nov 22, 2010, 2:44 AM EST
It’s rare to say that a player deserves an own goal but … Corey Perry kind of had it coming. Watch the unlucky mishap by clicking “Read More.”
Nov 22, 2010, 12:02 AM EST
Let’s take a look at what happened in tonight’s four games.
Nov 21, 2010, 11:29 PM EST
Some big names might receive calls from whoever ended up with Paul Bissonnette’s missing phone: Sidney Crosby, Shane Doan and … Brody Jenner?
Nov 21, 2010, 10:02 PM EST
The latest bit of news regarding Mike Mottau’s eye injury seems promising, but doesn’t guarantee that everything is OK.
Nov 21, 2010, 9:25 PM EST
When it comes down to it, there are plenty of people to blame for the Devils’ second worst start in franchise history. If you really want one scapegoat badly, though, look no further than venerable GM Lou Lamoriello.
Nov 21, 2010, 8:27 PM EST
The Calgary Flames had the Detroit Red Wings on the ropes, but Henrik Zetterberg and Nicklas Lidstrom helped them steal the win.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 83
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (83)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)