Jan 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Scott Hartnell scored from a spot that forwards rarely score from during January 13th’s goal of the night.
Jan 14, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
The two late games featured some upsets, with the Oilers beating the Sharks and the beaten-up Blues downing the Kings.
Jan 13, 2011, 11:53 PM EST
Here are summaries of Thursday’s first six games, including losses by the top team in the Eastern and Western Conferences.
Jan 13, 2011, 10:42 PM EST
Wojtek Wolski’s first goal as a member of the Rangers was the game’s only tally, as New York shut Vancouver out 1-0 tonight.
Jan 13, 2011, 10:16 PM EST
Eric Brewer will tough out some injuries to help the Blues avoid dressing only five defensemen, but there’s no getting around the fact that St. Louis is banged up on the blueline.
Jan 13, 2011, 8:50 PM EST
The Sami Salo mystery continues, as he (perhaps sarcastically?) stated that he only knows that he’ll be back “sometime in 2011.”
Jan 13, 2011, 7:37 PM EST
A December 9th concussion might keep Derek “The Boogeyman” Boogaard out for the rest of the season, according to the New York Rangers.
Jan 13, 2011, 6:53 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for the three later games tonight.
Jan 13, 2011, 6:39 PM EST
Here are the probable goalies for tonight’s first five games, including the NHL debut for Senators netminder Robin Lehner.
Jan 12, 2011, 6:41 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s four games.
Jan 12, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
The Islanders still say that he’s far away from appearing in his first game of the season, but forward Kyle Okposo played in a full team practice for the first time this season this morning.
Jan 12, 2011, 5:26 PM EST
Good news for the Flyers and bad news for every other team in the NHL: Chris Pronger could be back on the ice as soon as next week. Reports indicate that Matt Walker is getting healthier, too, so the team could get much bigger and meaner in a matter of weeks.
Jan 12, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
There aren’t a lot of contests with only four games tonight, but as you’ll see from these previews, they’re high on quality rather than quantity.
Jan 12, 2011, 2:35 PM EST
In good times or bad, Martin St. Louis has been a constant force of positivity for the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Jan 12, 2011, 2:03 PM EST
The Predators locked up “Swiss Army Knife” forward Jerred Smithson to a two-year, $1.6 million deal.
Jan 12, 2011, 1:37 PM EST
In this post, we cover a variety of All-Star game-related bits, including some more snub talk, the rosters full of first-timers and Kevin Weekes’ recommendations for people visiting North Carolina.
Jan 12, 2011, 12:55 PM EST
The KHL and NHL more or less traded mediocre forwards, as Petr Prucha left Phoenix for SKA St. Petersburg while Kyle Wellwood left Atlant for the St. Louis Blues.
Jan 12, 2011, 12:22 PM EST
According to a Globe & Mail writer’s numbers, Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik is the NHL’s best defensive defenseman so far this season.
Jan 12, 2011, 11:52 AM EST
This won’t make Sharks fans happy, but word is that the league won’t discipline Leafs enforcer Colton Orr for his knee-to-knee hit on Logan Couture.
Jan 12, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Henrik Karlsson won’t win points for technique with his stop on Jussi Jokinen, but the exciting overtime save was Tuesday night’s best.
Jan 12, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Two hat tricks took place last night: one of the official variety (Patrice Bergeron) and another one of the unofficial Gordie Howe variety (Scott Hartnell). View footage of both by clicking “Read More.”
Jan 12, 2011, 1:53 AM EST
Here are summaries of Tuesday night’s 10 games, including Daniel Briere’s four-point reaction to being snubbed for the All-Star game.
Jan 12, 2011, 12:53 AM EST
It’s unclear if the injury is severe, but a knee-to-knee hit knocked Sharks rookie Logan Couture out of tonight’s game against the Maple Leafs.
Jan 12, 2011, 12:21 AM EST
Jimmy Howard won the January 3-9th save of the week award by an overwhelming margin.
Jan 11, 2011, 11:37 PM EST
Islanders goalie Kevin Poulin wasn’t happy with Mason Raymond’s “show-off move,” which helped the Canucks earn a 4-3 shootout win.
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 0
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 2
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)