Dec 5, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Tim Thomas made what some people are calling the save of the year with this sprawling glove stop last night.
Dec 5, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Taylor Hall’s overtime game winner was Saturday’s most captivating goal.
Dec 5, 2010, 1:24 AM EST
Both the Oilers and Kings continued their modest winning streaks by beating the Blues and Red Wings, respectively.
Dec 4, 2010, 11:50 PM EST
It sounds like Evgeni Malkin’s knee injury isn’t too big of a deal, as it’s been labeled as “day to day.”
Dec 4, 2010, 11:14 PM EST
Here are recaps of some of tonight’s games, highlighted by Phil Kessel getting a little revenge against the Boston bruins and the Stars bringing their winning streak to six games.
Dec 4, 2010, 10:07 PM EST
With a Penguins win over the Blue Jackets and a regulation loss by the Capitals against the Thrashers, Pittsburgh and Washington find themselves tied atop the Eastern Conference. Sidney Crosby scored two goals, giving him a league leading 23 on the season.
Dec 4, 2010, 9:33 PM EST
It sounds like Ales Hemsky’s groin injury is still an issue, as the team will keep him out indefinitely to avoid a possible hernia.
Dec 4, 2010, 9:00 PM EST
With two early afternoon games already completed, we figured it would be wise to rev up the recap Zamboni for a quick spin.
Dec 4, 2010, 8:00 PM EST
PHT readers think that the Toronto Maple Leafs should clean house by firing both their general manager (Brian Burke) and head coach (Ron Wilson).
Dec 4, 2010, 7:30 PM EST
Here are the probable starters for the final two games of the night.
Dec 4, 2010, 6:42 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day. It’s a race…
Dec 3, 2010, 6:30 PM EST
Check out the probable starting goalies for tonight’s six games, including yet another return by Craig Anderson.
Dec 3, 2010, 6:05 PM EST
The Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan reps say that they never received a “firm offer” for the Toronto Maple Leafs and Raptors. So what does that mean?
Dec 3, 2010, 4:47 PM EST
Despite making a rule for blindside hits, the NHL is still dealing with concussions at the same disturbing pace.
Dec 3, 2010, 3:49 PM EST
For the sixth season in a row, the Western Conference clearly out-classes the East in the NHL.
Dec 3, 2010, 3:00 PM EST
Here are some previews for tonight’s six games, including another chapter into the hateful (but one-sided) rivalry between the Blackhawks and the Canucks.
Dec 3, 2010, 2:06 PM EST
Toronto fans (and some media) are once again calling for Ron Wilson to be fired after an embarrassing loss to Edmonton. Should he be fired? What about Brian Burke? Should both or neither be canned? Let us know by voting in the poll.
Dec 3, 2010, 1:47 PM EST
The NHL fined – but didn’t suspend – Curtis Glencross for his cross-check on Keith Ballard from Wednesday.
Dec 3, 2010, 1:33 PM EST
It’s possible that Steve Downie broke his ankle during the Lightning’s most recent game.
Dec 3, 2010, 1:18 PM EST
The details regarding the exact injury – and its severity – are unclear, but Pekka Rinne’s agent reports that he’ll miss some time with an unnamed injury.
Dec 3, 2010, 12:00 PM EST
Ondrej Pavelec stole what looked like a sure goal from Tyler Kennedy last night.
Dec 3, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Dennis Seidenberg tricked Mike Smith to earn Thursday’s goal of the night.
Dec 3, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Check out last night’s two hat tricks scored by two of the league’s most brilliant players: Sidney Crosby and Marian Gaborik. Not too surprisingly, both of their teams ended the night with wins.
Dec 3, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
Alex Ovechkin actually made a mistake and looked kind of clumsy. Don’t get used to it.
Dec 3, 2010, 1:07 AM EST
Here are summaries of eight exciting games in the NHL.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 0
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 23
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 30
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 55
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (55)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)