Dec 17, 2010, 2:07 AM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks have enlisted former Vancouver Canucks forward Ryan Johnson to help them deal with some injuries.
Dec 17, 2010, 1:10 AM EST
Check out summaries of the last two games, as the Oilers dominated the Blue Jackets and the Flames humbled their former defenseman Dion Phaneuf and the Maple Leafs.
Dec 17, 2010, 12:38 AM EST
The St. Louis Blues got a rare bit of semi-good injury news today, as Erik Johnson’s knee injury is only a sprain.
Dec 17, 2010, 12:05 AM EST
Once again, unexpected players dropped the gloves tonight, as Boston Bruins center David Krejci fought Montreal Canadiens sniper Michael Cammalleri on Thursday.
Dec 16, 2010, 11:15 PM EST
Let’s take a look at summaries of the first seven of tonight’s nine games.
Dec 16, 2010, 10:21 PM EST
Matt Greene couldn’t play in tonight’s Kings-Blues game after a hit by Red Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall left him “wobbly.”
Dec 16, 2010, 9:00 PM EST
Brouce Boudreau is hearing it from his mother about his profanity-laced speech, much like Rex Ryan experienced with his mother during HBO’s ‘Hard Knocks.’
Dec 16, 2010, 8:30 PM EST
While 18 signed jerseys are still unaccounted for, the good news is that Pat Burns’ family received 12 of the autographed jerseys stolen during his funeral in late November.
Dec 16, 2010, 7:57 PM EST
Mike Keenan says he enjoyed coaching Dion Phaneuf, but the former Calgary Flames defenseman wasn’t always the most popular guy in the locker room.
Dec 16, 2010, 6:40 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for Thursday’s nine games.
Dec 15, 2010, 6:38 PM EST
Here are the probable starters for tonight’s 11 games.
Dec 15, 2010, 5:52 PM EST
They won’t be back tonight, but it sounds like Marian Hossa and Patrick Kane could return for the Blackhawks soon. Kane, in particular, seems like he might be way ahead of schedule.
Dec 15, 2010, 5:20 PM EST
Many personalities could emerge from HBO’s 24/7 series on the 2011 Winter Classic, but coaches Bruce Boudreau and Dan Bylsma might be the most vibrant ones of them all.
Dec 15, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
Here are previews for a big slate of 11 games today.
Dec 15, 2010, 2:40 PM EST
Brian Rolston cleared waivers to the surprise of just about no one today, so he’ll suit up for the New Jersey Devils. We discuss “what’s next?” after the jump.
Dec 15, 2010, 2:00 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens expect to see Scott Gomez and Jaroslav Spacek back in the lineup tonight against the Philadelphia Flyers.
2011 Canadian World Junior Championship roster includes four players from last year’s silver medal squad
Dec 15, 2010, 1:16 PM EST
Take a look at Canada’s roster for the 2011 World Junior Championships: the team includes four returning members from the 2010 squad and 15 first round draft picks.
Dec 15, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
Marc-Andre Fleury’s been on fire lately, so perhaps it shouldn’t be surprising that he earned another Save of the Night award (even in a loss).
Dec 15, 2010, 10:15 AM EST
A nice team effort helped Jordan Eberle score the goal that was worthy of December 14th’s goal of the night award.
City of Glendale approves Coyotes’ new lease deal 5-2; light at the end of the tunnel approaches rapidly
Dec 15, 2010, 2:25 AM EST
Matt Hulsizer’s quest to purchase the Phoenix Coyotes seems like it’s almost finished, as the City of Glendale approved the team’s new lease deal.
Dec 15, 2010, 1:36 AM EST
Marc-Andre Fleury lost his first game in a long time tonight, but hey, at least he received the save of the week award for December 6-12.
Dec 15, 2010, 12:38 AM EST
Here is a recap of tonight’s Toronto-Edmonton game.
Dec 14, 2010, 11:00 PM EST
Linus Omark’s controversial goal earned the December 6-12 goal of the week award.
Dec 14, 2010, 10:30 PM EST
A month and a half after it seemed like he might be on the hot seat, the Anaheim Ducks gave head coach Randy Carlyle a one-year extension.
Philadelphia passes Pittsburgh with win as they end Penguins’ streak, but cannot keep Crosby off the board
Dec 14, 2010, 10:04 PM EST
Sure, Sidney Crosby extended his point scoring streak to 19 games, but the Flyers stopped the Penguins’ winning streak and took the Atlantic/East/NHL points lead in the process.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)