Dec 1, 2010, 1:35 AM EDT
Here are summaries of Tuesday’s five games.
Dec 1, 2010, 12:46 AM EDT
Maclean’s magazine named Sidney Crosby its newsmaker of the year. Not sportsman of the year … newsmaker of the year. Click “Read More” for the details.
Nov 30, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
There’s some sad news for the hockey world tonight, as reports indicate that veteran columnist and Hall of Fame writer Jim Kelley died today after a long battle fighting pancreatic cancer. He was 61 years old. Kelley is survived by his wife Susan and two daughters, Erin and Megan, as well as three grandchildren. One…
Nov 30, 2010, 11:25 PM EDT
One final call to vote propelled Jamie Benn to the November 22-28 goal of the week.
Nov 30, 2010, 10:42 PM EDT
Once again, Simon Gagne celebrated a return from injury by winning a game with a goal in overtime.
Nov 30, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
Marc-Andre Fleury’s flashy glove save tops the save of the week voting for the week of November 22-28.
Nov 30, 2010, 9:04 PM EDT
How worried should the Florida Panthers be about David Booth’s scoring slump?
Nov 30, 2010, 8:02 PM EDT
Two players who have spent most of their careers in the minors signed deals today, as the Islanders inked Jeremy Colliton and the Thrashers gave Tim Stapleton a two year deal.
Nov 30, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
Ken Campbell writes that the Sabres sale rumors are justified and that the team’s denials boil down to semantics more than anything else.
Nov 30, 2010, 6:20 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at tonight’s probable starters for all five games.
Nov 29, 2010, 5:50 PM EDT
Here are the probable goalies for tonight’s five games.
Nov 29, 2010, 4:36 PM EDT
It sounds like Marc Savard could return to NHL action as soon as this week. Maybe.
Nov 29, 2010, 4:05 PM EDT
Here’s justification for anyone who cringes when a star player gets in a fight: Chris Stewart will reportedly miss four to six weeks after breaking his hand in a skirmish on Saturday.
Nov 29, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
Many big names attended Pat Burns’ funeral today, including Gary Bettman, Patrick Roy and Raymond Bourque.
Nov 29, 2010, 2:31 PM EDT
With 15 wins already this year, Carey Price and P.K. Subban are earning attention for their amusing post-victory ritual.
Nov 29, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
From dealing with a concussion because of a collapse to being named the number one star of the week, Ondrej Pavelec provides plenty of inspiration. His teammate Dustin Byfuglien and Penguins star Sidney Crosby join him for the three stars of the week.
Nov 29, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
The hockey world (along with friends and family) will mourn the death of Pat Burns during his funeral this afternoon.
Nov 29, 2010, 12:35 PM EDT
David Perron is making progress – albeit slow – from concussion issues stemming from the hit that earned Joe Thornton a two game suspension.
Nov 29, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Let’s take a look at tonight’s five game slate of NHL action.
Nov 29, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Who made the save of the week for November 22-28: Semyon Varlamov, Sergei Bobrovsky, Miikka Kiprusoff, Marc-Andre Fleury, Martin Gerber or Ilya Bryzgalov? Vote in the poll by clicking on the “Read More” link.
Nov 29, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Who scored the goal of the week for November 22-28: Jody Shelley, Jamie Benn, Dany Heatley, Alexander Semin, Jason Spezza, Lee Stempniak or Taylor Hall?
Nov 29, 2010, 12:33 AM EDT
Semyon Varlamov had the best save of November 28th, stopping the Hurricanes on a deadly chance in overtime.
Nov 28, 2010, 11:54 PM EDT
It’s becoming one of the most common connections in the NHL this season: Alex Ovechkin to Alexander Semin. Check out video of another pretty goal by clicking “Read More.”
Nov 28, 2010, 11:06 PM EDT
In the last of three poll results posts tonight, we share the fact that PHT readers like the Ducks third jerseys, for the most part.
Nov 28, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
PHT readers think that the referees were wrong in calling off that Flyers goal against the Flames after deciding that Chris Pronger violated “The Avery Rule.”
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)